The arrogance and balls of one Nathan Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to apologize, mere fact that you're actually able to type is amazing in itself.

One of the most incoherent, baseless, nothing but hateful tripe OP's I ever seen.

God oversensitive much? The pies should 99.9% likely win again. Only an idiot would tamper with the top dog in that scenario. Hi Eddie, you fat ****

The question I ask is why do non-Collingwood fans care so much about the whole Magpie coaching situation anyway?

Just thought I would answer this even though it is from the first page.

I think it's really a pretty silly question. People are not only fans of their teams but they are also fans of AFL. I personally take interest in all things juicy and interesting from all clubs.

To even even question why there is so much interest from something that has been in the news since the deal was made just doesn't make sense to me.

God oversensitive much? The pies should 99.9% likely win again. Only an idiot would tamper with the top dog in that scenario. Hi Eddie, you fat ****
Why sudden concern about us ?
Shouldn't you be rattling tins?
You've been around since 2001, and you're posting that?
You like to give an impression you're an expert on all things footy and you query McCaffer and Beams being in our best 22??????

You cannot seriously compare the injury run of Collingwood 2011 to West Coast 2008. You are delusional.
Was it an unlucky run with injuries or did some players contribute to their own fragile state? Cousins and Kerr for instance have never been the same physically since

Was it an unlucky run with injuries or did some players contribute to their own fragile state? Cousins and Kerr for instance have never been the same physically since

It's irrelevant. I was pointing out how things can change so quickly. Whether the players are injured, traded, retire or put themselves in a coma, it's unexpected at this stage and affects the team.

No need to carry on. Collingwood are a tremendous team. Counting your chickens before they've hatched however is foolish.

This is a deal that has already worked. All we are arguing about now is how spectacularly successful this will all turn out to be.

This is the only important point.

Since the deal was signed, and Buckley became part of the coaching staff, the Pies have won a premiership and look good things to go back-to-back.

Why couldn't MM get us a flag before Bucks was an assistant coach??

West Coast kept MM for 5 years after the flags in 92-94.....it got them no where. So why should we keep him??

Every Collingwood fan would be happy with back-to-back flags, thank-you Eddie and Buckley for making it happen!

MM why did you take so long to pull your finger out??
Why didn't you recruit a ruckman back in 2002??

Hasn't McCaffer has been omitted from the Collingwood side for this weeks game. Maybe you need to take this up with the match committee?

I guess the concept of someone's year being totally screwed by the lack of pre-season is foreign to you....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

people fail to realise the circumstances in which this arrangement came to. At the time, mick's future was very much up in the air, and buckley was being courted by north melbourne. Knowing he was ambitious to coach, eddie orchestrated the move that would ensure buckley become mick's successor, rather than coach of north melbourne.

Buckley obviously has an ambition of coaching, and he could have ditched collingwood to become a senior coach in 2010, but accepted the offer to wait intil 2012. Why should he have to give up on his chosen career path just because mick wants to stay on for another couple of years?

And who's to say it wasn't buckley's influence that brought them a flag last year? As it stands, buckley has won 1 flag in one season as assistant at the pies and looks on track for another.

end thread

Let's see now. Selwood, poor lighting, Selwood, favourable fixturing with Kardinia Park, Selwood. Oh and did I mention all the whinge threads about Selwood from Collingwood supporters?

You mentioned two "whinge" threads... Selwood and favourable fixturing. Poor lighting.... whinging? Or maybe just a valid observation that doesn't really matter either way? But hey, don't let that stop you. :thumbsu:

Macaffer is best 22 when fit. But he had no pre-season, and didn't play at all between round 2 and 17 (?). Of course he's not going to stay in the side, particuarly when Fasolo is playing a similar role so well. At his best, he's comfortably there though.

Macaffer is best 22 when fit. But he had no pre-season, and didn't play at all between round 2 and 17 (?). Of course he's not going to stay in the side, particuarly when Fasolo is playing a similar role so well. At his best, he's comfortably there though.

Rubbish. There's nothing comfortable about it. He'd be in the bottom couple of the best 22 at best.

The poor lighting thread was just a ruse to have a crack at Geelong and Kardinia Park. You know it and I know it.

Let's throw in these other rippers :

Geelong - Hitting the wall
Geelong - Belatedly, what we expected
Geelong - Has the biggest advantage in the AFL
Geelong - Have had an easy draw (that one was a doosey with another Pies fan coming in and saying he wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole)

It's nothing to do with the OP but if Pies fans want to throw out the obsession tag then expect some coming back the other way.

Rubbish. There's nothing comfortable about it. He'd be in the bottom couple of the best 22 at best.

Perhaps you should re-watch GF2 to realise why he is an automatic selection when fit. He more than any other players represents what Collingwoods game plan currently stands for.....pressure in the forward half and the ability to score goals as a result of that pressure.

Hes in our best 22. Injury has ruined his season, nothing else.

He was comfortably in our best 22 last year and injury free he would be this year as well.

The poor lighting thread was just a ruse to have a crack at Geelong and Kardinia Park. You know it and I know it.
However you want to tag it mate... it's a valid observation that Geelong fans were agreeing with. I personally couldn't care less about any of that shit, I just care about Collingwood winning the flag. The way posters on BF get caught up in the affairs of other clubs is laughable.

Bottom 6, I'd say. But what would I know... I'll take a West Coast supporter's word for it.

My wife is a Collingwood fan so I do watch them every week.

Which 5 players would you select after him? The game plan requires all players to be extremely disciplined - I like Macaffer but he's your typical 'very handy in a premiership side' type player. Far from a gun and always will be a fringe player.

I'd pick him before Johnson and Goldsack but I'd pick Davis before all of them. I'd also pick Tarrant before him. So that puts him at 22.

Dear Collingwood (mostly) and Geelong supporters,

I am sick of reading posts saying things such as

"Gee another thread by a Cats flog, obsessed much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:"
or wow you Geelong supporters keep posting threads about us. Bitter?

Hint - this crap isn't a valid reply.

If you want to sook over each other, go to the Bay.

If I were a Demons supporter, I'm not sure which one out of Buckley or Malthouse I'd prefer to become suddenly available tomorrow. One is young with a great footy brain and a two year apprenticeship at the top performing club, as well as a stint in youth development. The other is nearing the end but is largely responsible for the existing game plan and ethic.

As a Collingwood supporter, I'm comfortable with Mick handing the reigns over gradually and being an integral part of the process, especially with Walsh and Hine doing what they do best in the player resources department.

As evidenced by new coaches, the cattle is always the prime factor in winning. The Scott brothers varying fortunes are a prime example of this, and Thompson being Hird's wingman has been helpful without turning them into Geelong c2007, but then I always rated their list as mid range and improving.

People want there to be an epic fail or some infighting, but other than Mick's media musings (which us seasoned Collingwood supporters have learnt to completely ignore) there isn't any evidence to suggest that this will happen.

Teams will catch up / go past us and we will eventually weaken, but I don't see the transition as being particularly arrogant from Buckley's perspective. If anything, there is humility in him choosing to do an apprenticeship instead of hooking into coaching North directly from the AIS.

In the end, Buckley will get the chance to prove himself and if he sucks majorly, then we can afford to pay out the contract. I'd back him doing pretty well though and hopefully he can grant us sustained success.

I'd pick him before Johnson and Goldsack but I'd pick Davis before all of them. I'd also pick Tarrant before him. So that puts him at 22.

So that puts him in the best 22. :rolleyes:

Last time I looked teams arent selected in order of rank. You're either in the 22 chosen to run out on the park, or you arent.

Last year Davis wasnt in our best 22 for the same reasons Maccaffer isnt now. Injury. In fact Leon Davis was made out to be a laughing stock by trolls on these boards. Mostly StKilda supporters I might add , but it illustrates how injury and lack of a preseason can depreciate the publics opinion of a players worth.

Nick Maxwell is copping similar criticism at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

The arrogance and balls of one Nathan Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back