The Ashes - Australia vs England 2010/11 Test Series.

Remove this Banner Ad

I though to waste some time over summer, I would start a thread here in the nest about the Ashes.

There is also a fantasy comp going on with FoxSports, it's pretty simple, and might get you just that little bit more interested in the test series that will revive test cricket, like it does every 2 years or so.

http://ashesfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

League Code; 6302-3167

My tip is for a 3-1 series win to Australia, can't wait for this, it will fill in the gap between AFL seasons brilliantly.:thumbsu:

Re: The Ashes - Australia vs England Test Series.

Lost all my previous interest in cricket now sadly. Football/NBA is acting as a very good filler for the AFL season though.

Lost all my previous interest in cricket now sadly.

Me too, don't know why, just really battling to get interested, and for a life long criket tragic, not sure why.

Do not feel as confident as matty tipping the 3-1 to Aus, I'd be more the reverse TBH.

Think our best hope in Brisbane is to lose the toss, let Poms bat, and knock them over on a green top. Maybe, by the time we bat in the fourth innings, it will be settling down.

Tip...all over in three and a half days, team who bats second will win.
( though, haven't heard the weather forecast!)

If Punter wins the toss, tough call, cos sure he'd love to bowl first, but will be crucified +++ if he invites Poms to bat and they do finish the day 2-300!

How Johnson bowls in this series will be pivotal i believe.

The reason I'm confident is Australia have the only true "star" out of the 2 teams, and that's Shane Watson.

The poms don't have an all rounder who can scratch his arse, so they will relying on their spin, and if Swann has improved as much as they say, he mist have taken some great drugs, because he was a dud 4 years ago.

Both sides are no where near the "top" in world cricket, so the deciding factor will be the home ground advantage for the Aussies.

The Poms need to win 4/5 tosses to be a chance, if they lose even their fair share, they are screwed.

Aussies all the way, poms highly over rated.

The reason I'm confident is Australia have the only true "star" out of the 2 teams, and that's Shane Watson.

The poms don't have an all rounder who can scratch his arse, so they will relying on their spin, and if Swann has improved as much as they say, he mist have taken some great drugs, because he was a dud 4 years ago.

Both sides are no where near the "top" in world cricket, so the deciding factor will be the home ground advantage for the Aussies.

The Poms need to win 4/5 tosses to be a chance, if they lose even their fair share, they are screwed.

Ponting, Peitersen, Strauss? Swan is damn near the best spinner in the world that doesn't have significant doubt over his action....

England and Australia are very very evenly matched, will be a good series will come down to tactics and personnel, surprised Bollinger missed thinking of that

Ponting, Peitersen, Strauss? Swan is damn near the best spinner in the world that doesn't have significant doubt over his action....
So that would place Swan as about the 8th best spinner in the world.:p

As for Ponting, he is Australia's biggest worry for me, can't play the short ball anymore, but is too proud to admit it, and will keep hooking all series. Plus he is easily the worst captain "tactically" out of the 2, so this maybe where England has an advantage.

Strauss is a fighter more then a brilliant player, and Petersen needs a hug just to feel loved, so I wouldn't be worried about him doing too much damage on a consistent basis.

Australia to win in Brisbane and Perth to start the series (tests 1 and 3), while the Poms will win in Adelaide (test 2), Australia will then win the Melbourne test, sealing the ashes and the 5th test in Sydney will then be irrelevant.

But weather, coin tosses and bad pitches could change any of those results, so really, it's anyone's guess what the final series score will be.

You may regret this statement later on in the Summer, Collingwood is very consistent with both bat and ball, I expect him to have a good summer.

C'mon Cookie :D

We should have bowled after winning the toss but im confident Bell and Cook can steer us in the right direction.

If we bowled i could imagine Anderson causing some serious damage today on that pitch. Strauss should have shown some balls.

We love you cause you're a Victorian!!!

Imagine the reception the big fella will get on Boxing Day, we have a new Victorian cricket hero.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss off back to your own country :p

You're right Matty, Boxing Day will be epic
Shutup Beez :D

Nah im Australian born but British parents and brought up to follow them

Mitchell Johnson is back out so hopefully we can get to 300 lol

Ohh you're excused, we'll blame your parents!
i wouldnt have it any other way cause win we win its big lol

Belly is doing great for us. Hopefully Ando can hold up for a bit and try to get near 300. If we can then its not too bad

Interesting series. I think both sides lack the depth to be consistant / dominating. Australia's batting line up is fragile and really needs Katich and Watson to get us off to a really strong side. Pointing is too good a player too fail often but the question is whether he can be the type of batsmen who wins you a series anymore. He hasn't shown the ability to make big hundreds or big runs often enough. England are similar although their batting line up is fragile of their own doing Bell is too good a player to be at 6 and he is an orthodox player and shouldn't be left to bat with the tail. Bell should be at 3 or 4 if he was today England would still be batting tomorrow.

North OUT Ferguson IN, get it done selectors.
Seems like Kuwaja (sp?) or Smith are the favourites to replace North, although knowing North, he will probably pull a score out of his arse just in time to save himself, like he has for the past 2 years.

I'm loving seeing "Mr Cricket" back at his best also, hope he makes a ton tomorrow, would be huge both for him and the team, and would give the Aussies a much needed lead.

The pitch is already starting to fall apart, by day 4 (where this test will end) it will be bloody hard to bat on, so the Aussies need a 1st innings lead.

What about White?? why are they over looking him?

He seems to be in some good form coming off a ton against England.

Ferguson or White would be my preference at 6. Khuwaja suits up the order more I feel (I hope he puts pressure on Clarke tbh) Smith i'm not sold on.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ashes - Australia vs England 2010/11 Test Series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back