The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Warren Tredrea's appointment to the Port Board is going well....

But I was assured that it was Dimma making us play on edge in combination with our high pressure game style that made us give away so many free kicks!

No he isn't.

The joke a few years ago was that Stephen Hocking - the former Geelong general manager - was doing favours for Geelong in his role as the general manager of football (which is Laura Kane’s current position).

Problem is that Hocking left that position and is now back working for Geelong as their CEO. So he should hold no sway anymore within AFL HQ’s walls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The joke a few years ago was that Stephen Hocking - the former Geelong general manager - was doing favours for Geelong in his role as the general manager of football (which is Laura Kane’s current position).

Problem is that Hocking left that position and is now back working for Geelong as their CEO. So he should hold no sway anymore within AFL HQ’s walls.
Yes, that's the joke.

The joke a few years ago was that Stephen Hocking - the former Geelong general manager - was doing favours for Geelong in his role as the general manager of football
Not a joke when it was factually proven 😎

Surprised Danger got off, didn’t think it deserved a suspension but also thought they would’ve upheld it, never know with the circus.
Was never worth a week, was mostly only blues fans blinded by it being one of their players, dons fans wanting him out this week or idiots that thought otherwise. I was calm about it tonight.

When the AFL media are calling for no suspension and most sensible oppo fans on various media platforms are as well, then the tribunal will come down on that side.

Our argument was well made. Effort was made to pull up the player. The rules state reasonable care yet the AFL was arguing tackles need be perfect to be compliant.

Tribunal reasons:

Dangerfield pinned both of Walsh's arms and the forward momentum of both players contributed to Walsh's head making forceful contact with the ground.

Dangerfield conceded that he did not release either arm throughout the tackle, and that he could’ve done so.

The pinned arms placed Walsh in a vulnerable position with little, if any, opportunity to protect himself from having his head hit the ground.

It will be a rare, even exceptional case where a player who tackles with significant forward motion, who pins both arms and who could have but does not release one or both arms will not have engaged in rough conduct. This is such a case.

Although not immediately apparent and not truly apparent until all angles and vision and still shots had been carefully considered, the evidence is clear here Dangerfield immediately swung his legs beside and forward of Walsh, and pulled back with considerable force to attempt to prevent Walsh being driven into the ground.

Vision shows Dangerfield managed to pull him back so that at one point Walsh's torso was almost vertical.

Would it have been reasonably possible for Dangerfield to release one or both of Walsh's arms? Yes it would, but that's not the test.

The question is whether it was unreasonable in the circumstances not to do so.

From the considerable care that Dangerfield went to in a short space of time in a fast moving piece of play to do what he could to avoid or minimise injury to his fellow player, we find that this was not rough conduct.

No Grundy or rowbottom is a bit silly.

Cripps and Rowell out for them.

Grundy would be the clear no.2 ruck for the year. Hard to go past Max as being the most dominant thus far.
Cripps just today on afl.com.au was predicted to be 2nd so far in the brownlow.

I'd keep Cripps and take out Sheezel. 7 goals on a HFF as opposed to Bontempelli with 22 goals. There's your mid on a flank selection.

Was never worth a week, was mostly only blues fans blinded by it being one of their players, dons fans wanting him out this week or idiots that thought otherwise. I was calm about it tonight.

When the AFL media are calling for no suspension and most sensible oppo fans on various media platforms are as well, then the tribunal will come down on that side.

Our argument was well made. Effort was made to pull up the player. The rules state reasonable care yet the AFL was arguing tackles need be perfect to be compliant.

Grundy would be the clear no.2 ruck for the year. Hard to go past Max as being the most dominant thus far.
Cripps just today on afl.com.au was predicted to be 2nd so far in the brownlow.

I'd keep Cripps and take out Sheezel. 7 goals on a HFF as opposed to Bontempelli with 22 goals. There's your mid on a flank selection.

I just don't think Bont has had a particularly good year. He's had 2-3 out of the box games but that's out of a selection of 14 games played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back