The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Geel/Port good chance at straight sets. Rampaging Dogs/Hawks beckons for the loser.

Would still rather that as an option than 8 finals appearances in 30 years. :$
Is that a crack at us?

We are just making up the numbers haha. Honestly would’ve preferred not making it than getting belted at the Gabba 🤦🏼‍♂️

Is that a crack at us?

We are just making up the numbers haha. Honestly would’ve preferred not making it than getting belted at the Gabba 🤦🏼‍♂️
No. Kram for again failing to stay in his lane.
8 finals appearances since the AFL let the wharfies in.

Started their rebuild a good 3-4 years before Hawthorn who've soared past them.
This is your 10 finals appearance in the same time. The worst era of such a historically successful club. 10>8

Is that a crack at us?

Pretty sure it's a crack at Freo.

Unless they requested Saturday, why would Sydney not have the first game given they finished top?

Why would we request Saturday?

But yeah it stuffs whoever loses as they get the short break for the next week. But we're the AFL's pets so I'm sure we'll be Friday.

Why would we request Saturday?

But yeah it stuffs whoever loses as they get the short break for the next week. But we're the AFL's pets so I'm sure we'll be Friday.
Attendance? Wouldn’t have thought it would matter but I can’t see why else you don’t get the Thursday.

Attendance? Wouldn’t have thought it would matter but I can’t see why else you don’t get the Thursday.

Thursday and Friday nights do pretty well in Sydney. And especially with no travel, Thursday certainly makes the most sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Sydney asked for Friday Night and the Bulldogs asked for Saturday Twilight, yet the AFL decide to do it the other way round.

Very weird.

I thought as first we might get some sort of deference.

I can understand the need for a week off before finals start but I’d be all for a wildcard weekend seeing 7 v 10 and 8 v 9. Also moving the Brownlow to this week as well.
I don't mind it. I think rather than rewarding mediocrity giving 10th a chance it actually promotes excellence as you'd need to aim to be top 6 to guarantee finals rather than top 8 like now.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back