The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Also wild that there's never been a Western Derby or Showdown in Finals and we're having our fourth NSW Derby.
Apparently we still haven't had a finals series where all 5 states have been represented. Freo obviously could've changed that yesterday.

Apparently we still haven't had a finals series where all 5 states have been represented. Freo obviously could've changed that yesterday.
2004 was the last time.

So in the end Freo miss finals and they suffered that BS decision against Carlton in gather round.
Yep.

Same way that Freo coughing up a 5 goal lead to Essendon with 15 mins to go has cost them as well.

Same way that Hawthorn could've finished 2nd if they'd held on to beat Port when they lost by a point.

In a season of such fine margins, an extra goal made a world of difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Jones gets off with just a fine, phew.

I’m the opposite, reckon the dogs win by 5-6 goals. Finals is a different beast, Hawks have very little experience.
Should be a great game.

Their confidence is sky high and being at the G helps them immensely I think.

If we get a fit and firing Heeney, Papley, McInerney and McCartin back into our line up, I think we should be up and about, but a lot riding on the fitness levels of those that have missed.

I'm not sure the Hawks offensive game will stack up in finals since they are still very gettable when the opposition have the ball. If the Bulldogs play as well as they have shown they can in the back half of the season I think it may be a comfortable win for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back