The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 6 for 28yo Rioli. Pick 2 for Weller.
Give up Bowes and 7 for peanuts.

Why do GCS exist.

Also funny that they'll have Ellis, Rioli and Noble and we got a better HBF from the 2nd last pick in the draft last year.

For clubs to fleece.

Crazy that we're gonna lose Barrass. Cant think of another local WA boy requesting to leave. We've had a terrific record with keeping Victorians over the years and keeping WA lads has never ever been a problem.

So this is a weird one.

I'd understand if we had been terrible the entire time he had been here and he wanted a crack at success, but he's already won a premiership with us in 2018. Thought he would want to give back to the club and is the current VC so not great for leadership.

Real shame.

Crazy that we're gonna lose Barrass. Cant think of another local WA boy requesting to leave. We've had a terrific record with keeping Victorians over the years and keeping WA lads has never ever been a problem.

So this is a weird one.

I'd understand if we had been terrible the entire time he had been here and he wanted a crack at success, but he's already won a premiership with us in 2018. Thought he would want to give back to the club and is the current VC so not great for leadership.

Real shame.

Supposedly there are two reasons. The first is to be closer to his sister who lives in Melbourne. The second is that when he signed his current contract and elected to stay he was made promises that with the change in regime at the top have not been kept.

Supposedly there are two reasons. The first is to be closer to his sister who lives in Melbourne. The second is that when he signed his current contract and elected to stay he was made promises that with the change in regime at the top have not been kept.
Yeah right... seems pretty flimsy.

So this is a weird one.

Real shame.
I mean in terms of WA boys requesting to leave there has been Brad Hill, Blake Acres, Griffin Logue from Fremantle in recent years.

I mean in terms of WA boys requesting to leave there has been Brad Hill, Blake Acres, Griffin Logue from Fremantle in recent years.
Yeah I meant at West Coast. Freo are shit so at keeping players.

West Coast has always had an excellent record.

Apparently it's actually about money, not the bullshit excuses he is farming out.

Yeah I meant at West Coast. Freo are shit so at keeping players.

West Coast has always had an excellent record.

Apparently it's actually about money, not the bullshit excuses he is farming out.
Why are you such a dickhead?

Would you say that's because you've overpaid players to keep them in say the last 5 years?
Umm I dont know, I mean TB signed a 5 years contract two years ago. Now he wants more money.

He's dead to me anyways now.

It will be funny though when he is suddenly elevated to one of the best key backs in the game because he now plays in Victoria. Watch it happen.

Brad Hill left because his missus wanted to go back to Melbourne. Acres left for more money. Griffin Logue got a contract offer from Norf that he would have had to be the biggest dumb arse in the country to turn down.

Our player retention on the whole is pretty good. We rarely lose the ones that we want to keep. The only two in recent years are Cerra and Schultz. We all knew Cerra would leave sooner rather than later when we drafted him so that was hardly a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm I dont know, I mean TB signed a 5 years contract two years ago. Now he wants more money.

It will be funny though when he is suddenly elevated to one of the best key backs in the game because he now plays in Victoria. Watch it happen.
I was thinking more of say the Gaff and McGovern contracts, I would suspect you'd have a lot of top end deals in your salary books, but not as much in the middle tier I guess.

Some of that is obviously say trying to match deals with free agency etc., but probably also the lack of quality draft picks pre Harley Reid.

Maybe he wants success before he retires. Why don't you pay him. You have about 5 good players on the list.

Brad Hill left because his missus wanted to go back to Melbourne. Acres left for more money. Griffin Logue got a contract offer from Norf that he would have had to be the biggest dumb arse in the country to turn down.

Our player retention on the whole is pretty good. We rarely lose the ones that we want to keep. The only two in recent years are Cerra and Schultz. We all knew Cerra would leave sooner rather than later when we drafted him so that was hardly a surprise.
Neale?

Maybe he wants success before he retires. Why don't you pay him. You have about 5 good players on the list.
No idea... we should pay him. He's an excellent footballer. I dont know the money he's on now on his current deal.

He's already had success though, he won a Premiership. I'd kinda get it if we had always sucked and he wanted to play finals. But if it's just about money, that's pretty shit and weird that we wont pay him.

I was thinking more of say the Gaff and McGovern contracts, I would suspect you'd have a lot of top end deals in your salary books, but not as much in the middle tier I guess.

Some of that is obviously say trying to match deals with free agency etc., but probably also the lack of quality draft picks pre Harley Reid.
I dont even think we have blokes on that big a money anymore. We've had a lot retire like Nic Nat, Gaff, Kennedy, Shuey, Hurn...

I'd think the only guys on big money now would be Darling who is probably back ended and has one year to go. Tim Kelly obviously, Yeo, Gov? I mean we dont have many good players haha. Maybe Oscar Allen is on decent coin, maybe Duggan?

But surely we have a ton of money considering the recent retirements and all the kids we have now.

No idea... we should pay him. He's an excellent footballer. I dont know the money he's on now on his current deal.

He's already had success though, he won a Premiership. I'd kinda get it if we had always sucked and he wanted to play finals. But if it's just about money, that's pretty shit and weird that we wont pay him.
Sorry, I meant more success.

If the Eagles get a mid first from Hawthorn for him while Richmond get pick 6 for Rioli then you've been ****ed over haha

Sorry, I meant more success.

If the Eagles get a mid first from Hawthorn for him while Richmond get pick 6 for Rioli then you've been ****ed over haha
We will get ****ed over at the trade table, of that I am sure. We are push overs there. Look what happened in the Tim Kelly trade.

In all honesty Hawthorn dont have the assets to make a trade viable so we will get bent over.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back