The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking Doc just shows how bad our club really is run.

Utterly desperate move from a clueless match committee to pick a guy that's not earned his spot, isn't match fit and is no certainty to get through a whole game.

Awful decision.

Picking Doc just shows how bad our club really is run.

Utterly desperate move from a clueless match committee to pick a guy that's not earned his spot, isn't match fit and is no certainty to get through a whole game.

Awful decision.
May not need to? I assume he'd be the sub.

Not worried about his overall fitness tbh. He'll be fine and certainly won't be the reason we lose.

Not worried about his overall fitness tbh. He'll be fine and certainly won't be the reason we lose.

What's the point of playing him if he's the sub? Even more stupid.

We'll already going in with a few underdone players.

We don't need another one.

Especially one that hasn't played a game in so long.

This isn't earning a spot, it's gifting one.

If someone cops an injury early in the game and you have Docherty coming on as the sub you've basically written off the game. Can't imagine he plays unless it's from the start with the sub as the safety net in case he breaks down.

Injured or underdone players rarely come off in finals. And it's a lesson most clubs inevitably learn the hard way coasting a finals win before they stop doing it.

Reckon the last one's that worked would be SJ and Clark Keating

Last edited:
Injured or underdone players rarely come off in finals. And it's a lesson most clubs inevitably learn the hard way coating a finals win before they stop doing it.

I have a memory that one of our boys was injured in 2012, might have been Ted Richards? Memory's foggy now. But Sam Reid in 2022 was a big blow up.

Injured or underdone players rarely come off in finals. And it's a lesson most clubs inevitably learn the hard way coating a finals win before they stop doing it.

Steve Johnson?

If someone cops an injury early in the game and you have Docherty coming on as the sub you've basically written off the game. Can't imagine he plays unless it's from the start with the sub as the safety net in case he breaks down.
Concussion minute 2 and still same risk

What's the point of playing him if he's the sub? Even more stupid.
How is that more stupid? You think he wouldn't get through a full game but putting him in a position where he doesn't have to play a full game is even more stupid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we? Who's underdone? They've got to get through training to play, hence Charlie/TDK aren't playing.

Whoever pulls on the boots will have been deemed fit enough to play. Underdone will not be an excuse.

How is that more stupid? You think he wouldn't get through a full game but putting him in a position where he doesn't have to play a full game is even more stupid?

Yes because it makes the point of naming him in the first place entirely pointless. You're either naming him because you think he'll have a big impact on the game or not at all. Giving him a token sub appearance is pointless. Just have him as a non-playing member of staff on the bench if that's what he's there for.

Are we? Who's underdone? They've got to get through training to play, hence Charlie/TDK aren't playing.

Whoever pulls on the boots will have been deemed fit enough to play. Underdone will not be an excuse.

I wouldn’t put much stock in anyone saying Charlie and/or TDK aren’t playing. TDK was shut down for the rest of the H&A season, so it’s a fair call to say he isn’t ready since his injury was a 6-8 week injury. Charlie was listed as 1-2 weeks and that was close to 4 weeks ago, and now he is a “test” to play. I would be very surprised if Charlie doesn’t play, but not TDK.

Yes because it makes the point of naming him in the first place entirely pointless. You're either naming him because you think he'll have a big impact on the game or not at all. Giving him a token sub appearance is pointless. Just have him as a non-playing member of staff on the bench if that's what he's there for.
Completely disagree. He can come on fresh and change the 4th quarter if he doesn't need to be utilised until then. Equally, they wouldn't be playing him if they don't think he'd make it through 4 quarters if required.

This might all be a moot point anyway if he's not named as sub. The fact they've confirmed he's already in leads me to believe they'll probably start him.

I wouldn’t put much stock in anyone saying Charlie and/or TDK aren’t playing. TDK was shut down for the rest of the H&A season, so it’s a fair call to say he isn’t ready since his injury was a 6-8 week injury. Charlie was listed as 1-2 weeks and that was close to 4 weeks ago, and now he is a “test” to play. I would be very surprised if Charlie doesn’t play, but not TDK.
I think it's more likely than not. Charlie has been hobbling around for months, wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't risk him.

We're a much better side without a half fit Charlie in there. TDK is the one that hurts a lot more, Pittonet really isn't up to it.

Completely disagree. He can come on fresh and change the 4th quarter if he doesn't need to be utilised until then. Equally, they wouldn't be playing him if they don't think he'd make it through 4 quarters if required.

This might all be a moot point anyway if he's not named as sub. The fact they've confirmed he's already in leads me to believe they'll probably start him.

Which is it - he'll be the sub and make an impact in the last or they're picking him because he can play a full game?

Your second paragraph is more accurate, which was my point about it being pointless playing him as sub.

The whole thing just stinks of desperation.

Is that today.
Happy Birthday Bombers from the rest of us

Oliver Welke Party GIF by ZDF heute-show

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back