The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Gear had this issue. Clarkson was boorish and said the wrong thing from time to time. But the show was unwatchable with the new cohort. While Amazon didn't give a **** about this and got a few good years off their antics.

Difference being Clarkson actually put the effort in off screen to justify his inclusion.

Yeah they could just bring any random drunk dero from the pub and get as much value as Robbo brings.
Robbo has connections through the Herald Sun that any random drunk wouldn't have.

Think his value is being a bit underplayed here. The man is very passionate about the game and has been employed as the chief football writer going on 12 years. He's not just another footy bumpkin.

Is he unprofessional at times? Absolutely. He's still also been on their program for 14 years. He's done alright.

Difference being Clarkson actually put the effort in off screen to justify his inclusion.
He also punched producers.

He was very fortunate to continue to be given chances. I love Jeremy but he's been lucky those around him have been so loyal to him.

Robbo has connections through the Herald Sun that any random drunk wouldn't have.

Think his value is being a bit underplayed here. The man is very passionate about the game and has been employed as the chief football writer going on 12 years. He's not just another footy bumpkin.

Is he unprofessional at times? Absolutely. He's still also been on their program for 14 years. He's done alright.
Actually I'm probably too harsh on the guy but it's a classic case of staying in a job waaaay too long. If he was on there for only say 7 years instead of 14 would be remembered a lot more fondly.

30 in January so I thought he may have been a couple of years too young for Geelong
Oliver Welke Party GIF by ZDF heute-show

Yay! Well done for the 1 millionth we're old joke.

Not sure he makes our best 22 but it’s a free hit, with any luck he gets his body right and is a decent players for us for a couple of years.
If we get his injuries right and he plays 20+ games next year I may just die of laughter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith officially nominates Geelong 😀

Going to be hard. Our turn for Easter Monday.
Would certainly mean Pies, Blues and Dons would have to be away fixtures.

Just play Essendon at home in July or August. None of their fans will want to go by then

Really should be in every clubs fixture request to play Essendon in the 2nd half of the year

Just play Essendon at home in July or August. None of their fans will want to go by then

Really should be in every clubs fixture request to play Essendon in the 2nd half of the year
And the Suns as a home match.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back