The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I read on AFL.com.au that we were prepared earlier in the year to give up three first rounders for Bolton. Even two is too many, thought we'd finished with the idiotic trading.

I wouldn't believe that. Nobody in their right mind would give 3 first rounders. There was a little talk at the mid point of the season but that was just media speculation over what they think he was worth and what Richmond would accept based on his contract.

I'm not sure what's going on with Hawthorn but trading away 14 leaves the Barrass deal pretty dead.

Not that I'm complaining, I want him to stay.

Barrass will get done. Hawks won’t commit to someone and then not get the deal done.

I'm not sure what's going on with Hawthorn but trading away 14 leaves the Barrass deal pretty dead.

Not that I'm complaining, I want him to stay.

Haha this is cute.

Big win for Richmond here Art Vandelay_, our mate would be pumped.
That doesn't narrow it down completely. Could be the doxxer or could be our Failmantle friend with the inferiority complex.
Geez we're shit this season, had a better day missing it entirely and we got pumped at cricket. So yay.

That doesn't narrow it down completely. Could be the doxxer or could be our Failmantle friend with the inferiority complex.
Geez we're shit this season, had a better day missing it entirely and we got pumped at cricket. So yay.
What are ya whinging about now.

Good deal for us. Shame that a bid for Kako is looking like it'll come before pick 9, but getting three first rounders in two years isn't too bad. Wonder whether we do pursue the option of trading back into the first round this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

utter madness. The only small forward that wasn't complete ass and is squeezed out.
List management madness.

You're welcome to him. Defensively poor. Kicked a few this year but any half decent small forward would sitting under Charlie and Harry. Betts would've kicked 60-70.

I won't miss seeing him particularly.

Plenty of negativity around the AFLW in the media at present. Hard to argue with a lot of it.

Seems a lot agree expansion may have come too quickly. Rightfully though, they realise they now just need to come up with solutions rather than focusing on the mistakes.

Good article by Peter Ryan today.

Moving Easter Monday to Geelong? I'd be surprised with that.
Might want to re-read that.

You're welcome to him. Defensively poor. Kicked a few this year but any half decent small forward would sitting under Charlie and Harry. Betts would've kicked 60-70.

I won't miss seeing him particularly.
That's a flawed logic. You scraped finals on the back of Cripps being brilliant, and with Hawthorn coming soon your window coincides with both those factors. Cripps duration as a top level player and how long it takes Hawthorn to reach that next level.

So removing your best small forward and not bringing in anyone of note is madness, especially if you bring in yet another HBF in Houston.

That's a flawed logic. You scraped finals on the back of Cripps being brilliant, and with Hawthorn coming soon your window coincides with both those factors. Cripps duration as a top level player and how long it takes Hawthorn to reach that next level.

So removing your best small forward and not bringing in anyone of note is madness, especially if you bring in yet another HBF in Houston.
Yep, misread it.

We aren't getting Houston.

Disagree with the flawed logic part. Owies makes no difference with a game plan that goes down 60-0 in a final. Would rather see what Motlop can bring on a much smaller contract with a new head of fitness.

Btw, what would you say an acceptable contract for Owies is? He's not one that creates his own goals from nothing (ala Stengle etc) so I don't really see him as a top 5 small forward.

you could give me guesses for the rest of my life and i would never have guessed that rory atkins is what gets houston out of port.

If I am reading that right, you’re in agreement with the majority of the supporters on our board. Houston would cost Pick 12 or 14 and lots of money. No thank you. Our squad doesn’t need another high priced HBF. That is not one of the holes on our list.

The improvement will come from within. Better list health, Haynes, Campo twins, 12 and 14 (possibly trading them to move up into the top 3). In 12 months we have Ison and Gresham as NGA selections. In 2 years, we have Cody Walker as a F/S, a highly touted and possible top 3 selection. Houston shouldn’t be in our plans, the draft (with Tasmania coming in) should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back