The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

He won't go to the Eagles unless he goes for money. From what I understand he wants to come to us. We have been in for him for years and almost got him to come back before he signed his current contract. I also doubt he will want to go from a Sydney team that is competing at the top end to a team that is going to be stuck at the bottom for a while yet.

Unlike most WA players, he is in the position of growing up not supporting one of the WA teams so there isn't a real tie to one team like with Baker and the Eagles.
IMO history plays a part when WA lads come home. Freo just are not a successful club. If Warner wants to try to win a Premiership, his best bet is at West Coast.

IMO history plays a part when WA lads come home. Freo just are not a successful club. If Warner wants to try to win a Premiership, his best bet is at West Coast.
Did you know before 1992 west coast were not a successful club either. So why would have anyone wanted to go there? Classic Jod logic

Did you know before 1992 west coast were not a successful club either. So why would have anyone wanted to go there? Classic Jod logic
What a weird stretch. 1992 was 32 years ago.

Happy to have Smith, reckon he’ll be a super solid addition to our midfield.
Guthrie is the one. Get him fit and playing and looks very different to mid season when PFD was injured.
From Bruhn, Bowes, Atkins, Blicavs, Clark to Dangerfield, Smith, Guthrie, Holmes, Stewart.
WCE lost no one?
Think that got caught in the post-deadline server meltdown. I had them there before Barrass trade and changed it.

Guthrie is the one. Get him fit and playing and looks very different to mid season when PFD was injured.
From Bruhn, Bowes, Atkins, Blicavs, Clark to Dangerfield, Smith, Guthrie, Holmes, Stewart.

Think that got caught in the post-deadline server meltdown. I had them there before Barrass trade and changed it.
Still darling but fair enough not counting him lol.

I mean it took us 5 years to win our first Premiership. How's it going over at Freo? 28 years and counting right?

We've won 4 Premierships in 37 years and made 7 GF's in 37 years.

You guys have made one GF and lost it.

Guys know coming back to Perth that the smart move is to join West Coast. A successful club.

:)

I mean it took us 5 years to win our first Premiership. How's it going over at Freo? 28 years and counting right?

Guys know coming back to Perth that the smart move is to join West Coast. A successful club.

You won those flags with a glorified state team which is why we were put into the competition. The AFL wanted to weaken you and your ability to load up with the best Sandgropers.

It took 44 years to win a second flag, but people still went and stayed there.
Carlton hasn't won a flag since 1995 and Chris Judd chose them, others have chosen them. Players go where they want to, some for immediate success, others because they want to. This whole dig at Fremantle is pathetic and childish, which isn't surprising given the person doing it.

You were also given the WA state side to choose from from the outset.
A set of entry concessions no club since has come close to getting access to.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back