The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually today's news makes it more like Sir Alastair is coming to Carlton.

In all honesty, I would like like a fresh dynamic young coach like Adem Yze over old fart Ross Lyon anyway.

This is not a bad thing for Carlton, if we are actually running a proper screening process for our next coach, Ross Lyon comes out of this looking like a big cry baby imo

Haven't you had enough fresh, dynamic coaches over the last decade with zero success?

Brad Scott a chance, Brad Lloyd likes him according to Caro

Need to bring out this oldie…

View attachment 1224192

Is he not a good coach? He has had some decent years, making back to back Prelims with North, and has literally a 50% win/loss record. I am genuinely curious everyone thinks of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he not a good coach? He has had some decent years, making back to back Prelims with North, and has literally a 50% win/loss record. I am genuinely curious everyone thinks of him.
I was just coming more from the point that the Scott brothers seem to divide opinion. From my limited knowledge I thought he was ok. It’s been reported that Scott and Josh Mahoney are front runners to replace Hocking

He's alright but he's not the best at developing players and hasn't got a plan B. I didn't expect us to win the prelims we were in but **** me, we got demolished. He loves a 30 year old top up, like his brother, and outside of Ziebell and Cunnington, never really gave the kids a decent crack. If you want success and that being a flag in the next 10 years, he is not your man. I don't think he is particularly inspiring or great for a clubs culture.

Hearing the players talk this year, they are loving David Noble and really buying in. Larkey fired off a few thinly veiled cracks at Scott and Shaw after the Carlton game. He basically said it was nice to have a decent coach for once haha.

He's alright but he's not the best at developing players and hasn't got a plan B. I didn't expect us to win the prelims we were in but fu** me, we got demolished. He loves a 30 year old top up, like his brother, and outside of Ziebell and Cunnington, never really gave the kids a decent crack. If you want success and that being a flag in the next 10 years, he is not your man. I don't think he is particularly inspiring or great for a clubs culture.

Hearing the players talk this year, they are loving David Noble and really buying in. Larkey fired off a few thinly veiled cracks at Scott and Shaw after the Carlton game. He basically said it was nice to have a decent coach for once haha.

I will be honest and say Dave Noble seems like a terrific coach and bloke whom hopefully will one day lead the Shinboners back into the finals, but I don't like players slagging off previous coaches, especially one who has suffered severe mental health issues like Rhyce Shaw.

Clarkson will be Carlron coach, but be that as it may, maybe Nick Larkey can show a bit more respect and gratitude for the blokes who gave him his chance at AFL footy instead of acting like an arrogant figjam

#Norf

He's alright but he's not the best at developing players and hasn't got a plan B. I didn't expect us to win the prelims we were in but fu** me, we got demolished. He loves a 30 year old top up, like his brother, and outside of Ziebell and Cunnington, never really gave the kids a decent crack. If you want success and that being a flag in the next 10 years, he is not your man. I don't think he is particularly inspiring or great for a clubs culture.

Damn, sounds like a horrible fit then. Teague was already playing older players over the kids which we hated.We really don’t need another version of that but more extreme.

I will be honest and say Dave Noble seems like a terrific coach and bloke whom hopefully will one day lead the Shinboners back into the finals, but I don't like players slagging off previous coaches, especially one who has suffered severe mental health issues like Rhyce Shaw.

Clarkson will be Carlron coach, but be that as it may, maybe Nick Larkey can show a bit more respect and gratitude for the blokes who gave him his chance at AFL footy instead of acting like an arrogant figjam

#Norf
He said in reference to Noble that North needed someone who was both good with people and with strategy. Not too fig jam.

He loves a 30 year old top up, like his brother, and outside of Ziebell and Cunnington, never really gave the kids a decent crack.
Didn’t exactly get help from recruiters did he?

Both would be in your top 10 players if played in position
i needed that laugh, cheers for that.
didn't he trade Lachie Weller for pick 2?
that was brad lloyd's last effort when he was at the club, bell's at least partially responsible for the hogan cluster****.
You'll take SPS as steak knives and probably Fisher too. Won't be in place of the first round pick but on top of it. I don't see either of them working well under Ross Lyon
fwiw freo apparently have very little interest in sps
Unless Clarko backflips on his “not coaching in 2022” comments Carlton have screwed this up.

If they don’t want to go down the path of an untried coach, who’s actually out there? Brad Scott? Voss? Leppa?
pyke? richardson? williams? could maybe go an experienced assistant like a kingsley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back