The Big Alberton FL Issue Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see Toora beating Fishy. Saw some of them against Dalyston last week and they were so undersized. Don't know how they will stop Stanfield kicking a bag.

yeh agree Fish Creek if they play like they did last week could be a team to watch. The word around the ground is they are getting better numbers and are starting to establish themselves as a quality side. So this week will be a good idea of were Fish Creek are at

Re: DW's to forfeit

No newspapers where you are from Joey Bungle?? The star, sentinel and weekly times all said the DWWWW would forfeit.

Do you beleive what you always read?? They hadn't even decided when this was printed.
The new "peace" leagues should end the forfeits.
League President quit yesterday (if it hasn't benn posted).

Don't know why they amalgamated the Alberton and Bass Valley in the first place.The South Gippsland highway is not the type of road you want to drive for two hours on before playing a game of footy.Having Wonthaggi in the WGFL is not the answer either ,the joint is just too far away from the majority of teams.If they are to stay as one powerful club ,they should play in a league closer to Melbourne like whatever Tooradin Dalmore and Pakenham play in for instance.As for Yarram IMO,they should've headed towards Sale and played in the North Gippy when they had the chance like Woodside did.Either that or reform the old Alberton comp it was really a good interesting competition for years down that way.

Yes league the president has resigned I believe due to illness of a family member with that and whats going on in Alberton the added stress would be enough for anyone. Family always comes first and wish him and his family all the best.

PANTHERCAT

Yes league the president has resigned I believe due to illness of a family member with that and whats going on in Alberton the added stress would be enough for anyone. Family always comes first and wish him and his family all the best.

PANTHERCAT

Very sorry/yet in a way happy to hear that. He's a close mate. Poor bugger was landed in this whole schemozzle through no fault of his. Like you, I'll wish him well, but I'll do it in person. Thanks for the heads up

proposed "peace" leagues vote collapsed.

forfeits now a possiblity.

FFS just go and play

At the end of the day it's not about winning a GF if you play for a weaker team,It's about going out and having a GO

If you come off that ground and every player has given his all and you have been flogged..............Thats life

FFS I knew we were going to cop floggings every second week but we all trained our guts out and had a red hot go on Saturday !!!!!!

All be it a few of us got carried off ........that made us hero's amungst the leaders of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill be suprised if that is the case

Could this be a solution, re;Alberton FL.
Phillip island,
Killy Bass,
Dalyston,
Wonthaggi Blues,

Wonthaggi Rovers,
lnverloch,
K-Bena,
Tarwin,
Foster,
The rest of the clubs, could form their own league and perhaps have .

MDU,
Stoney Creek,
Fish creek,
Toora,
Dwww,
Wildcats,
Yarram,
if Wonthaggi dose not like this set, up then make them go to WGFL, and perhaps invite, Koo-Wee-Rup, or Lang Lang to make up this new League, any one care to comment.

I think Kooweerup and Lang Lang are pretty happy where they are at the moment.

Or another good get would be Toordin, who are not traveling to well at the moment, Wonthaggi would fit into Casey league, very well, and the longest trip they would travel, would be Keysborough,
compared to going to Yarram.

Or another good get would be Toordin, who are not traveling to well at the moment, Wonthaggi would fit into Casey league, very well, and the longest trip they would travel, would be Keysborough,
compared to going to Yarram.

I would love to see Tooradin and Garfield added to the EDFL and make it a 16 team competion like the AFL.

These alberton clowns think they can poach other teams to fix there problems, your league go into these problems, you can fix it. No ellinbank team would want to leave and go play in your crappy 8 team comp. We have a great league so why would be change.

I would love to see Tooradin and Garfield added to the EDFL and make it a 16 team competion like the AFL.
garfield are probably>cora lynn.

wold not like to play them.

tooradin=not much, though.

would even itself out over time, plus i guess a few garfield players would leave due to the lesser standard of footy.

Could this be a solution, re;Alberton FL.
Phillip island,
Killy Bass,
Dalyston,
Wonthaggi Blues,

Wonthaggi Rovers,
lnverloch,
K-Bena,
Tarwin,
Foster,
The rest of the clubs, could form their own league and perhaps have .

MDU,
Stoney Creek,
Fish creek,
Toora,
Dwww,
Wildcats,
Yarram,
if Wonthaggi dose not like this set, up then make them go to WGFL, and perhaps invite, Koo-Wee-Rup, or Lang Lang to make up this new League, any one care to comment.

Huh?

These alberton clowns think they can poach other teams to fix there problems, your league go into these problems, you can fix it. No ellinbank team would want to leave and go play in your crappy 8 team comp. We have a great league so why would be change.

VCFL caused the problem, but they won't fix it.
Casey cardinia are interested in Wonthaggi.
There was some interest from Alberton in KWR & Lang Lang.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Big Alberton FL Issue Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back