The Big Footy Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellamy and Riise, the irony of it all ;)

Was it a 7-irony or a 9-irony? :eek:

On a less ridiculous note - I'm not afraid to say we could've been carved, what with the amount of possession and chances they had. And as much as it hurts me to say it, Kuyt and Alonso were awful IMO.

Did anyone else happen to see Riise score with his right peg? Genius!!

Anyway, 2 away goals and a huge advantage heading home. If I hadn't been up since 4.30am I'd be buzzing!

Go you redmen :thumbsu:

Was it a 7-irony or a 9-irony? :eek:

On a less ridiculous note - I'm not afraid to say we could've been carved, what with the amount of possession and chances they had. And as much as it hurts me to say it, Kuyt and Alonso were awful IMO.

Did anyone else happen to see Riise score with his right peg? Genius!!

Anyway, 2 away goals and a huge advantage heading home. If I hadn't been up since 4.30am I'd be buzzing!

Go you redmen :thumbsu:
Barca didn't create that many clear cut chances.

About the same as Liverpool.

They were poor by their standards, but Liverpool's defensive superiority and tactical genius from Rafa were largely responsible for such.

Possession is irrelevant against Barca. They'll always dominate, but alot of their possession was the back 4 knocking it around nicely to each other. You'd let them have that everytime.

I agree with you about Kuyt (he's allowed one bad game) and while Alonso wasn't superb in an attacking sense I thought he gave a solid if not spectacular defensive performance.

No doubt Xabi played a more defensive role than usual, I thought he did his job well.

Dirk has put in two average ones in a row now, which is the first time I think he's done that since joining. Hopefully he can get a goal this week before it becomes a slump.

no doubt after this stellar performance, we'll struggle to get 3 points against the might of Sheffield Utd. It seems to me that Liverpool is a team that plays for the big occasions... it's the grind of visiting places like Bramall Lane and the Reebok that always does us in.

"The Nutter With a Putter" has to be the greatest sporting nickname ever invented. Bellamy's still a twat, but that nickname is quality.

I was pretty shocked and disgusted that Bellamy played at all. His "golf swing" celebration was even more disgraceful. It looks to me like yet another case of a high profile sportsman who is probably going to get away with murder. :mad:

If what he did to Riise is true (and all indications are that it is) then I will be very disappointed if he's still in a Liverpool shirt by the start of next season. Now I don't know if he and Riise have kissed and made up or what, but it's pretty obvious to me that Bellamy is a major headcase.

I'm not knocking Bellamy's ability as a player at all. I rate him very highly. He's been fantastic for us the last couple of months as he was against Barca, but I do not want this player in the Liverpool squad any more. There's plenty of other quality strikers out there as good, if not better than Bellamy.

But anyway, getting to the Barca game, I have to admit we were pretty lucky to win. Apart from the first ten minutes, our first half was disgraceful. Barca wasted opportunities, they could have put us away pretty easily, but didn't. Then Barca's own poor defending handed Liverpool two goals.

We were lucky, but a win's a win, and we certainly have the advantage going into the 2nd leg.

Headcases can be moderately controlled if 1. Good management from club. 2. He keeps performing on the field. There's no reason to sell Bellamy unless he does something unforgivable or he stops scoring goals. Rafa's fined a dozen players over the incident, that's alright for now

If Fergie had sold Keane everytime he gave one to one of his teammates then he would've sold him a thousand times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Cantona for that matter.

I would not under estimate that win against Barcelona. When Garcia (our best European player) went down a while back who thought we could go to the Nou Camp and win ?

Its about time we had a bit of luck. There have been a few games this season (Blackburn away, Chelsea away, Newcastle away) where we unlucky not come away with a result.

Just need more of the same at Anfield to sneak through.

jlc

Cooldude said:
There's no reason to sell Bellamy unless he does something unforgivable
As far as I'm concerned, it was unforgiveable. He attacked a teammate's legs with a weapon, that could possibly have caused him serious injury. Assault with a weapon is actually considered a fairly serious crime in a court of law.

Cooldude said:
Rafa's fined a dozen players over the incident, that's alright for now
The problem is that fining these multi-millionaire athletes is little more than a slap on the wrist to them.

Cooldude said:
If Fergie had sold Keane everytime he gave one to one of his teammates then he would've sold him a thousand times
That's just what I mean. They get away with murder. I don't see why we should adhere to the same poor standards other clubs set.

As far as I'm concerned, it was unforgiveable. He attacked a teammate's legs with a weapon, that could possibly have caused him serious injury. Assault with a weapon is actually considered a fairly serious crime in a court of law.

IMO it wasn't unforgiveable, worse things have happened indoors at every club.

He was being a massive knobhead but it was only his first offence at this club, his goals at least deserves to buy him a second chance

That's just what I mean. They get away with murder. I don't see why we should adhere to the same poor standards other clubs set.

If the poor standards Fergie set on Roy Keane netted him how many ********ing titles then I'd love to set those poor standards

Did Mascherano play?. If so how did he go

BTW Im sure that Bellamy/Riise story was proved to be rubbish

yeh he played, was okay been compared to a young Didi Hamann, which is great IMO. No coincidence that Gerrard's best performance for the year came as soon as Masch came into the side IMO, very well balanced CM pairing. I was hoping Arbeloa would get a run this week, he looked very impressive at the Nou Camp.

I agree it didn't look good, but unfortunatly if I commented on every dive I saw these days, I'd be a very busy man.
unfortunately Mr.Gerrard is a repeat offender.

and what a waste, diving against against Sheffield United at home?

I guess he's just perfecting the technique for next week to embrace a whole army of cheating mancs.

unfortunately Mr.Gerrard is a repeat offender.

and what a waste, diving against against Sheffield United at home?

I guess he's just perfecting the technique for next week to embrace a whole army of cheating mancs.

I agree Gerrard is one of the worst going around, but at least he doesn't dive after recieving no contact at all *cough* Ronaldo *cough*. Not saying I approve of Gerrard's diving (Kewell and Crouch's too for that matter), but he's at least a tier below Ronaldo and the like who go down without receiving any contact at all.

I agree Gerrard is one of the worst going around, but at least he doesn't dive after recieving no contact at all *cough* Ronaldo *cough*. Not saying I approve of Gerrard's diving (Kewell and Crouch's too for that matter), but he's at least a tier below Ronaldo and the like who go down without receiving any contact at all.

Spot on Macca.
No question it was ordinary as it was last time he did it against Sheffield however his dives are not as blatant and regular as some others out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back