The Big Footy Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And apparently Bellamy has told Welsh tv that he is definitely leaving at the end of this season
Craig " He's really fast and , um......................he's really FAST !! " Bellamy

****en DUD :thumbsdown:
HESKEY and BAROS shouldn't be so embarrassed anymore !!

Well we havent seen a decent youth player come right through the ranks since Steven Gerrard. That's a concern considering that was like 10 years ago. All our promising youngsters were bought by Rafa, like Paletta, Insua, Anderson, Hobbs etc...

Big match this morning. Would like to see

Reina
Finnan Carragher Hypia/Agger Arbeloa
Gerrard Sissoko Alonso Riise
Crouch Kuyt

Altho alonso may get dropped and move gerrard to the middle, pennant out right.

Am pumped for this one

Beat me to it Bomber Bears, that's awesome news to see Kewell finally back playing, he could make a late appearance on the wing tomorrow morning if we are desperate for a goal, would love to see Kewell come on and cause problems for their defence!

Big match this morning. Would like to see

Reina
Finnan Carragher Hypia/Agger Arbeloa
Gerrard Sissoko Alonso Riise
Crouch Kuyt

Altho alonso may get dropped and move gerrard to the middle, pennant out right.

Am pumped for this one

I think we need real width for this game, I think Pennant should start on the right with Gerrard and Alonso in the middle. Other than that, I agree with your team. I am so pumped up for this one, being 1-0 down will make the atmosphere better than the 05 game. This will be the greatest ever European Night at Anfield!

i actually agree with you there, altho i suspect my side will be what is played given we usually play a holding midfield.

Tough to say with Rafa, always one surprise or two, like starting Zenden in the first leg.

We definitely need to attack Chelsea, and we need the wide players to do it, we need Gerrard in the middle of park to run the show.

imo we need to score in the first half. If it gets to half time with no score, Chelsea will be emboldened and will probably hang on.

Zenden should be relegated to boot studding as he's useless on the left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on the Reds, this is a massive night, YNWA! I'll be up watching at 4:30am, come on Liverpool!! You can do this, I'm so nervous, I'm pumped up, this is going to be a classic match!

Massive game! Would love to see Pennant get a start and Gerrard playing central. Aurelio is a big loss for us as he and Riise were combining well down the left. Without Aurelio, Riise is forced to play LB and then Zenden and Gonzalez at left mid, would rather see Speedy play than Zenden though.

CMON REDS!!!

The team:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger JAR

Pennant Gerrard Mascherano Zenden

Kuyt Crouch

Bench: Padelli, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Fowler, González, Alonso, Bellamy

Alonso on the bench and Zenden on the left again. Hope Rafa knows what he's doing. No Sheva for Chelsea.

I really am hoping the next time i will be here, that i am calling Rafa a genius and not something else.

Least Gerrard is in the middle.

1-0 HT

Good start. Magnificent strike from Agger. Surely one of the most skillful centre backs in Europe.

Bit of a worry the way Chelsea started to dominate after the goal though. Really can't afford to concede that away goal.

Yep. I'm getting scared. Chelsea only have to score and its all over. And they look like scoring now.

Someone should have a word with Pennant. He's getting pulled into the middle all the time and it is allowing a Chelsea player to run all the way down the wing. Needs to be a bit more accountable.

Big big second half coming up.

I can see it now. We score another goal, bumble around for the resr of the half, then they score in the 4th minute of injury timr. :(

interesting to see if rafa changes kuyt with bellamy. i think he could create more corners if he aint offside! i like a change with zenden too with speedy also.

Extra Time!

Damn we were lucky to get away with the one Carra had to scoop over the bar. Couple of good headers by Crouch and Kuyt were unlucky. Would have preferred Rafa keep Pennant on and take off Zenden, though he did pull out a good shot at the end there.

Do away goals still count double in extra time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back