Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the woman of Your Desire (Part 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
oreally.jpeg

what percentage of the population do you think fit this bill?
Pretty much everything I've said there bar social skills is just about mentality. Adopting a different mentality is within the reach of anybody.

Social skills are things that need to be developed, but on the other hand most people aren't nearly as bad socially as they think they are.

I agree with that and whilst I have never really experimented with any of the PUA stuff beyond reading 'The Game' I think it may give people the opportunity to develop their social skills from a very low base.

EDIT: And even if people aren't as bad socially as they think they are, it's their own perception of themselves that is the most important imo. I think PUA stuff might help them improve both their skills and their perception of the skills to a point they can move away from it and be 'themselves' again.

Thanks for writing that up Caesar, it's good advice. To be honest, I think I am practically re-living my parent's lives, or subconsciously trying to at least - they hardly dated anyone in their youth, met each other and have now been married for over 30 years. They're not big romantic types either, so I have never been around a lovey dovey kind of relationship and they've sort of steered me away from seeking that sort of thing.

I also think that I have built up my first relationship to be far more meaningful and important than I should, I'm just a really safe sort of person and am scared of making mistakes and getting hurt. I'm not trying to paint a really boring picture of myself, I am a fun/happy person, but that would be my biggest flaw.

Thanks for putting this out there, just made my situation so much clearer... well, at least it makes a lot of sense.

penis, etc:thumbsu:
I hear you loud and clear. Except for maybe the part where I'm a campaigner by intention and not accident. I've been friend-zoned very similarly when I was a bit younger and it cut me up big time; for over a year I couldn't date at all. That chick was quite happy to lead me on and give me mixed messages, I am not doing the same with my friend. I've made it very clear that nothing is going to happen again and I don't give signals otherwise.

I'm not really sure what to say about your situation woopedazz, Caesar summed it up pretty well earlier, but I think the only thing I can add is that the girl that you are interested in will know full well about how your friend feels about you and how long she has had these feelings (particularly if they are as close as you say). If she is prepared to hurt her friend by pursuing you, bearing in mind that it's clearly not just a little crush that your friend has, you have shared a night together etc., then I can't say that I think too much of her as a friend or a person. I've never been in the situation where I've had feelings for one of my friend's boyfriends or crushes (they have pretty rubbish taste :p), but if I was the friend in that situation and my best friend starting seeing you, I'd be absolutely heart broken, not only because of you but by the friend as well. I don't think you should let your friend's feelings for you rule your love life, but to go after one of her best friends would be a really cruel blow for her.

Can't recommend that - man, year 9 health class was embarrassing for me. My questions still get brought up by my friends 6 years later :oops: Don't put your kids through that!
.....and what were these questions? :p
I6GSf.gif

.....and what were these questions? :p

As tempting as it is to embarrass myself even more than I already have in this thread, I'm afraid that would break our 'what happens in health class, stays in health class' (or at least between those of us who were in there) rule. :D

As tempting as it is to embarrass myself even more than I already have in this thread, I'm afraid that would break our 'what happens in health class, stays in health class' (or at least between those of us who were in there) rule. :D

I have a friend (20 yrs) who recently asked 'what the **** is a hymen?!?!' - this was of course in response to someone claiming he needed to tear his ...... :oops:

Surely it's not THAT bad.

I have a friend (20 yrs) who recently asked 'what the **** is a hymen?!?!' - this was of course in response to someone claiming he needed to tear his ...... :oops:

Surely it's not THAT bad.

Not at the age of 20, but at 15, definitely...without the colourful language or strange, very wrong conversations.

Had an unlikely meeting with the friend I'm keen on tonight at Uni. She made a bee-line for me and we had a good chat; she is definitely on the keen side. I'm pretty sure I've had enough occassions where I've been overly politically correct when choosing people not to date so I'm going to have a crack and tell my other friend and see where it leads us.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See the six dudes surveying the mess in the bottom right quadrant of the second pic?

They are some guys from bigfooty GD. Possibly after a night out.

The guy in the white suit closest to the carnage, holding a scotch? That's me. I'm saying, 'I hope it was worth the ride, kid'.

[I think the little dude at the back of the pack might be Silent Alarm, rambling on about finding a way to lie about a home he'd never see.

The guy with his hands on his hips is Caesar, and he is muttering something about yachts.]

Had an unlikely meeting with the friend I'm keen on tonight at Uni. She made a bee-line for me and we had a good chat; she is definitely on the keen side. I'm pretty sure I've had enough occassions where I've been overly politically correct when choosing people not to date so I'm going to have a crack and tell my other friend and see where it leads us.

Have a crack mate.

As long as your are open and honest about it with the other girl who likes you thats all you can do. She may get hurt which sucks but thats part of life. You will be hurt along the way too so thats just how it goes. You never know what you could miss out on if you dont have a crack.

Got to be in it to win it, woopedazz. Good luck

In it to win it. Hmm

a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

i'd suss this out on the down-low before you run the risk losing both.

only when you're sure you're going to get a green light would i say anything about it to friend 1.

Meeting up with this chick tommorow, not really sure what we are going to do though. I'm a bloke who likes to go out for a drink but that won't go down to well with this one, but neither am I a guy to go out for lunch with someone. Any ideas?

Meeting up with this chick tommorow, not really sure what we are going to do though. I'm a bloke who likes to go out for a drink but that won't go down to well with this one, but neither am I a guy to go out for lunch with someone. Any ideas?
What's the weather like in a shithole?

coffee seems pretty obvious.

can be as long/short as either party wants to make it.

Coffee ftw.

If its going shit you scull it, send the old "call me in 2 minutes and make it sound important" message to one of your mates and you're outta there..

My thing went pretty well, hung out with her for a few hours. I'll try and organize something for next week then hopefully pull the trigger..... Any better ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back