The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this means that finishing sixth will not qualify us for next season's Europa League

high5.jpg

Stoke or Bolton need to win FA Cup for us to not make it.

If United or City win it, 6th spot in league will be Europa.

high5.jpg

Stoke or Bolton need to win FA Cup for us to not make it.

If United or City win it, 6th spot in league will be Europa.

I don't think so? Man U and Man City will already have qualified for Europe (i.e. the Champions League), so I'm pretty sure the losing finalist (Stoke or Bolton) gets the Europa League spot ahead of the side that finishes sixth...

If the winners have qualified for the Champions League or Europa League, then the runners-up qualify for the Europa League. If the runners-up have already qualified for the Champions League or the Europa League, the highest placed team in the Premier League standings who have yet to qualify for the Champions League or Europa League would qualify for the Europa League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_FA_Cup

You were right mate, I stand corrected.

Which, as far as I can tell, means that unless we win this season's Europa League (or qualify via the Fair Play Table?), we won't be playing in Europe next season.

No more European Football if we don't win the Europa League :thumbsu:

Come on Braga, do us proud!

Missing out on the Europa League will benefit us massively in the league. As long as we show ambition the players will come.

Some European football is better than none when trying to attract players to the club.

On another note, today is the two-year anniversary of our famous 4-1 demolition of Man U at Old Trafford. :thumbsu:

Some European football is better than none when trying to attract players to the club.

On another note, today is the two-year anniversary of our famous 4-1 demolition of Man U at Old Trafford. :thumbsu:

I have that game on my computer, I might have to watch it tonight. :)

Exactly, players want to showcase their skills across the European theatre for greater exposure rather then to just ply their trade in the one league. Europa might be a smaller stage then the Champs league for exposure, but it's still better then nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they dont run deep enough to afford as many players, but the point is they attracted top players by showing them they had ambition through money, europa league is not that much of a drawcard.

Any chance we could get Kaka? Would be amazing to have him Suarez, Carrol, Meireles and Gerrard in the one team. Probably not the right type of player we need or the price range but man he is such an amazing player. IMHO the best to watch when in full flight of the current players.

Any chance we could get Kaka? Would be amazing to have him Suarez, Carrol, Meireles and Gerrard in the one team. Probably not the right type of player we need or the price range but man he is such an amazing player. IMHO the best to watch when in full flight of the current players.

If we were interested, we will definately get out bid by City or Chelsea

Top player but he is not what we are looking for and it would be hard to accomodate him in his preferred position.

Top player but he is not what we are looking for and it would be hard to accomodate him in his preferred position.

We only need to look at Chelsea and how they have gone accommodating a certain 50 million pound striker into their team ;)

Missing out on the Europa League will benefit us massively in the league. As long as we show ambition the players will come.

It wont benefit us in the league at all because instead of having Ashley Young out wide, we will instead have someone like Jermaine Pennant. Without any form of European football next season our top targets will be unreachable and we will have to settle for our secondary targets. You're a moron if you really believe no European football will be good for Liverpool Football Club.

Right now it looks likely considering 6th isnt going to good enough for a spot. We have to win it now.

Getting Kaka would be too difficult. We would just get outbid by Chelsea or City. Plus he isnt what we need anyways, id rather spend the huge amount we would have to offer to get him on wide players and a left back. Kaka is a central attacking midfielder and we already have Gerrard and Meireles playing in those positions.

For those who aren't aware, the 2nd leg against Braga is being played at Anfield on Thursday night (Friday morning AUS) at 7:05am Melbourne time (from memory).

We then travel to Sunderland on Sunday (12:30am Monday morning AUS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back