Not open for further replies.
Team for Saturday?

Reina
Carragher Skrtel Agger Robinson??
Gerrard Meireles Lucas
Kuyt Carroll Suarez

Gulasci, Wilson, Greek, Spearing, Maxi, Cole, N'Gog
Carra Skrtel Kyrgiakos Agger will be our back 4 most likely

Not sure on the actual severity of Suarez's injury, so we'll see if he actually plays.

The defence will be an interesting one, I'd suggest an achilles injury is a strange one, Johnson might be able to play, but once he cools down in the HT break, it'll be tough for him to start up again.

This is getting ridiculous. Didnt you see how poor Suarez was on the left in his last appearance. It was only when he switched over to the right did he have any impact.

I didn't do the team properly at all, Meireles obviously ain't going to play in the middle, and i agree with you on Suarez, though the way we line up on paper is very different in a game sense as Meireles and Kuyt seem to have a do as you please type role and Suarez had this as well last week.

:confused:. You might have had more than the other top 6 clubs but certainly not something worth crying over.

Lucas deal is a win and lose. All in all the contract extensions being handed out suggests that probably only 3 bodies are going to come in during the summer. Adam, Young and a LB.

Now here comes Embers trolling :D most pointless post ever, as ever. You and Grandblue should get along just fine if you ever meet each other

The heck are you on about? The bloke's been playing well, he gets an extension to stay at the club, pretty good to me. Only you can infer something about our transfers from it, trying so hard on the wind up

How many players have you signed up to long term deals recently. Skrtel, Lucas, Kuyt. Id say that is a sure fire sign you will be sticking to your current squad and not going on 100 million dollar spending sprees like alot of fans on here are thinking. You think Lucas/Kuyt are signing up to ride the bench?

they are signing up to be squad players, they arent certain to start, just like no one ever is. i still think we will sign atleast 4 players.

Guys like Lucas, Skrtel are not signing up to be squad players and more importantly your not offering them pay rises and contract extensions to sit on the bench.

I think 3 players are coming in at most as opposed to the 5/6 alot of fans on here actually want

The players you mentioned(Skrtel, Lucas, Kuyt) are the ones that wouldn't complain with starting or sitting on the bench.

Kenny is the coach here so stop acting like you know what he's planning, for all we know he could want them signed up as a squad player and to make first team signings in the transfer period.

How many players have you signed up to long term deals recently. Skrtel, Lucas, Kuyt. Id say that is a sure fire sign you will be sticking to your current squad and not going on 100 million dollar spending sprees like alot of fans on here are thinking. You think Lucas/Kuyt are signing up to ride the bench?

Lucas and Skrtel have been performing well and would start a lot of games even in a new Liverpool. I know that's gonna make you vewy angwy to suggest that Skrtel is good enough, but his performances have improved enough to warrant so

Kuyt is one of those blokes who really wouldn't care either way, obviously don't know our players well enough, Embers.

Because giving them long term deals mean we ain't gonna spend, you funny man

Contracts in Soccer aren't worth the paper they are printed on. With 12 months left on his previous deal it ensures if clubs do come sniffing for him (and there has been interest) that we are in a better position to negotiate then if his deal were due to expire.

So it's a win-win situation, if theres interest in him we can get a better price for him now, and if he stays then he's a handy depth option as I expect him to be usurped by incoming players.

Just on Carroll being picked for the England U/21's.

It's an official FIFA tournament, so if the England side select him as one of 3 players aged between 21-23, we have to let him go, there's nothing we can do about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I could spend less time moderating this board I'd get more time practice my skills.

BTW, I've cleaned up the thread. I've had to delete the responses to GB as well as his posts. In the future if you believe somebody is trolling your board please report the posts and don't bother engaging in a lengthy debate with them because it will only be deleted.

Are you telling me the evidence that GB got owned has been destroyed? :(

Reading between the lines of Kenny's Thursday morning Presser, it seems unlikely Gerrard will start against West Brom. Perhaps 30 minutes off the bench if we need him.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-we-won-t-rush-gerrard

Asked at his pre-match press conference whether Gerrard would be involved at West Brom on Saturday, Dalglish said: "We'll have a look. He's recovered really well from the surgery he had so we'll see how he is before we decide whether he's in or out. He's certainly done a lot of training this week - not all the training the other lads have done, but a lot of it.

"But two weekends ago at Sunderland wee Jay (Spearing) played really well. There is no need for us to be in a rush to bring Steven back."

After WBA, our next two games are Man City (H) and Arsenal (A) so I wouldn't be taking any risks with players under injury clouds.

about your first line jod.... torres ring a bell?

Did you not read the rest of my post?

I also said this "If you're Messi, Gerrard, Ronaldo, Xavi etc etc then CL football would be important because no matter what team you play for, you will be getting first team football. Santon isnt in that echelon of players."

Torres would come under that echelon of players you would think, quite comfortably. Plus he is a Judas ****.

April Fools.

When I woke up this morning, I was bombarded with messages and calls about Sammy Lee taking over from Kenny Dalglish who turned down a contract offer.

:thumbsu:

Contracts in Soccer aren't worth the paper they are printed on. With 12 months left on his previous deal it ensures if clubs do come sniffing for him (and there has been interest) that we are in a better position to negotiate then if his deal were due to expire.

So it's a win-win situation, if theres interest in him we can get a better price for him now, and if he stays then he's a handy depth option as I expect him to be usurped by incoming players.

Contract extensions are worth the paper they are printed on. In 12 months time maybe he will usurped but until now Id say hes signing that contract extension with a nice raise and some first team football in his future

Anyway you all need to decide if Lucas is good or not. Kane says he should be gone, Cooldude says he has been fantastic. Fact of the matter is you lot change your opinion on this guy more times than I change underpants. Pick a opinion and stick to it please

Contract extensions are worth the paper they are printed on. In 12 months time maybe he will usurped but until now Id say hes signing that contract extension with a nice raise and some first team football in his future

Anyway you all need to decide if Lucas is good or not. Kane says he should be gone, Cooldude says he has been fantastic. Fact of the matter is you lot change your opinion on this guy more times than I change underpants. Pick a opinion and stick to it please
He is good in big matches and shit against the rest usually, well thats my opinion.

April Fools.

When I woke up this morning, I was bombarded with messages and calls about Sammy Lee taking over from Kenny Dalglish who turned down a contract offer.

:thumbsu:
Sammy Lee taking over, now thats trully the stuff of nightmares.

I for one have rarely changed my mind on the kid. I think he has the talent and the potential and I back the 3 managers that have played him in the majority of games. Therefore your new nickname can be Skidmarks.

nobody needs to do anything because you said it. some people have faith in Lucas and some want a quicker fix. there's no such thing as a Liverpool Consensus Opinion.

He is good in big matches and shit against the rest usually, well thats my opinion.

Pretty much spot on. Hardly the fantastic certain starter rubbish Cooldude is spreading. Fact is he struggles against the teams that well actually play through the middle first and foremost ie. West Ham and Blackpool.

If Lucas is not replaceable than quite frankly who is? Surely based on Cooldudes line of thinking a LW and LB is all you need to win the title next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back