The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carroll will never be a good targetman.

He doesn't have the skillset or application, and it's not something you can just learn.

Shola Ameobi is a limited footballer - but he's what I'd consider a targetman. Holds the ball up well at his feet, draws fouls when there's nobody around him, uses the ball well (and is good in the air).

Carroll is a completely different type of player and people have to realise that. Just because he's big it doesn't mean he is, or ever will be a good targetman.

IMO it is something you can learn. Ive seen it happen twice with Cole and Zamora. Zamora being the biggest candidate. Cole always had the strength but his ability with the ball at his feet used to be embarassing. Once Zola got to work with him he improved that part of his game out of sight.

Agree with the last part. ATM hes not a good targetman so why use him in that role? Thatd be like signing Nikolai Zigic and hitting balls over his head to run onto.

No Agger no Liverpool? Seriously?

CB's are still the least of our concern when we don't have a single winger or LB. Hopefully Kenny understands the teams problems better than some of our supporters.

Before WBA, there's some stat with Agger in league games. 6 games he started in, 6 clean sheets, 6 wins. 6 games he didn't start, only won 1 or 2 or something. When he plays, we don't hoof it. When he doesn't play, Carra plays. Big differences

You shouldnt rely on one CB when you have 5 others. Your problem is you only have one CB that can pass a football. He is injury prone but his worth is at a all time low so selling him bares little point. The real answer comes in actually offloading one of the 5 other CBs you have who have the creativity of a Daniel Agger skidmark. A passing CB like Sakho is needed badly. A player that can partner and replace Agger when injury occurs
Its what I have been saying the entire time, we just need players that can step up in his absense. Losing our two best ball playing defenders really hurt us and unfortunately both are injury prone but too good to discard. I do not want Gary Cahill at all because he isn't what I would call a ball playing centre half plus he is English, I don't get the love he gets on here quite honestly.

I get the Cahill love but would be a horrible fit for Liverpool. Answer is either Samaba or Sakho. Both are pretty decent on the ball. Samba is alot better than he shows for Blackburn. He plays hoofball but thats because he is told too as opposed to prefers too

Dr Bruckner needs to sort this problem out.

Gerrard, Johnson, Agger and Aurelio are very injury prone plus our other players are starting to pick up serious soft tissue injuries aswell. It always kills our momentum.

Dr. Brukner was working with wonders with keeping Torres on the pitch earlier in the season, we only had our two always injured players injured. (and Cole, but he doesn't count, because we want him injured).

But now, it's out of hand, everyone is injured. Hopefully Jack Robinson plays LB on the weekend against City, similar to when he Woy threw Kelly in at RB against Chelsea at the Bridge.

The players ain't as fit as the Rafa years and our lack of squad depth meant players have been playing more games/mins. So that could play a part in them breaking down more at the business end

Agree with playing the kids, we ain't gonna get too far higher up the ladder, might as well give some of them are chance. Some of them deserve it

The players ain't as fit as the Rafa years and our lack of squad depth meant players have been playing more games/mins. So that could play a part in them breaking down more at the business end

Agree with playing the kids, we ain't gonna get too far higher up the ladder, might as well give some of them are chance. Some of them deserve it
If only Shelvey wasn't injured, he would of surely been playing ahead of Spearing. I would like to see Suso make the bench before the end of the season.

If you think about, it's probably similar game time as the Rafa days, while our depth is terrible now, we are now playing less games, since in the Rafa era we were consistently playing European fixtures deep into April.

Here's an update on Insua: 3 coaches(4 if you count Roy) throughout the season all leaving him on the bench every week. Feel sorry for the kid.

Can't see him staying with us unless he'll be our starting left back because after a wasted season he's going to want to start games every week.

Dr Bruckner needs to sort this problem out.

Gerrard, Johnson, Agger and Aurelio are very injury prone plus our other players are starting to pick up serious soft tissue injuries aswell. It always kills our momentum.

it would be stupid to plan for next season with Gerrard starting 30+ games.. and Johnson just played two hours with England, I don't think he's outright injury prone. Agger fair enough something has to give there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About a week ago I read somewhere that Shelvey was back in full training. It'd be good to see him back.

Agree that we should give some youngsters a go in the remaining matches, otherwise we'll see the likes of Maxi, Cole and Pooson spudding it up.

About a week ago I read somewhere that Shelvey was back in full training. It'd be good to see him back.

Agree that we should give some youngsters a go in the remaining matches, otherwise we'll see the likes of Maxi, Cole and Pooson spudding it up.

Shelvey played for the reserves last night.

Here's an update on Insua: 3 coaches(4 if you count Roy) throughout the season all leaving him on the bench every week. Feel sorry for the kid.

Can't see him staying with us unless he'll be our starting left back because after a wasted season he's going to want to start games every week.

Doubt he wants to come back with his contract up this summer, unless he does an "Aurelio" coz no other clubs wanna sign him as a free agent, so he comes crawling back. That ain't gonna happen to a young left back who's played internationals though.

Another one that got away, thanks, Purslow

It just depends on whether Kenny wants to buy another left back or he's told Insua he'll give him a chance next season, who knows.

I hope we keep him.

article-0-0B7DEEAA000005DC-869_634x423.jpg

this is absolutely boss, cannot wait to see the size of it when we win the league

geez looking at the champions league quarter finals fixtures really makes me miss it.

brings back memories of yossi's goal at the burnabeau, smashing real at anfield, aggers goal against the pensioners and the last minute penalty against arsenal.

really hope we can bring in some players at the level of suarez, because getting back into the champions league would be something special, and i will never for the life of me take it for granted again.

Finally arrived back in QLD yesterday, the away kit I ordered before I went on holiday is here.

It's ****ing ace!

Lets just say Wigan, Wolves and Blackpool go down anyone reckon it'd be possible to snap up Jarvis, N'Zogbia and Adam?

I'm not sold on Jarvis, or the 12m that N'Zogbia will go for considering a host of clubs will be all over him. (and I don't want him anyway).

Adam is the only one of those 3 that I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back