The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Sylvan Marveaux, very early in the summer West Ham made a 3.5 mill Euro bid for him and it got turned down. From what I could find on him he was pretty good, but ultra injury prone as shown by his 5 month groin injury early this season. Hes had 2 surgeries on his hamstrings, one on his groin, one on his knee and another on his ankle and the dudes only 24. Hasnt gone a season without pulling something. Bit on the slowside for a LW I thought but hes got a cracking shot on him. Not too disimilar to Chris Brunt really.

Big risk given the glass nature of the man but it is a freebie I spose.
If he was brought here to be a depth player then I don't mind but if he comes here as our main attacking reinforcement then there will be big problems. I am sick of having slow wingers aswell.

In France they refer to him as the next Florent Malouda but I think thats being a bit generous. I dont think his pace will be that big of a difference because he seems to whip in alot of balls from deep ala Chris Brunt hence the comparison. His delivery will make him at worst a handy sub player

**** off Lebron, man I ****ing hate that guy... a serial choker in any way having a say is not good. Oh well at least when we buy duds I can hope some of the money wasted was his!

Not sure why Fulham fans are so upset about that MJ statue outside their ground, least unlike Chelsea they didnt spend 50 million pounds on it

I thought MJ was a West 'am fan anyway. Always blowing Bubbles.

I would have thought Arsenal would have been more to his liking personally as him and Wegner have similar policies

I seen Coentrao's name thrown up a fair bit, are Liverpool actually linked with him? EDIT - The just said he is contracted until 2015 :p Going to cost a packet if we;re in for him

Just watching the Benfica v PSV Europa league game, this bloke is very handy in the final third. Provided a pass which cut open the defense for their first and provided the final ball on a platter for their 2nd. Loves getting forward by the looks of it too, makes great runs

And Aimar still going alright these days it seems. :p Havent seen him since his Valencia days.

I seen Coentrao's name thrown up a fair bit, are Liverpool actually linked with him? EDIT - The just said he is contracted until 2015 :p Going to cost a packet if we;re in for him

Just watching the Benfica v PSV Europa league game, this bloke is very handy in the final third. Provided a pass which cut open the defense for their first and provided the final ball on a platter for their 2nd. Loves getting forward by the looks of it too, makes great runs

And Aimar still going alright these days it seems. :p Havent seen him since his Valencia days.
Coentrao would easily be the most expensive LB option but you get what you pay for I guess.

Don't know if its been mentioned but Stevie G out for the year. Will give the opportunity for hopefully some young players to step up, besides hes not gonna be here forever, should be useful getting used to being without him and trying to get a functioning team together.

Don't know if its been mentioned but Stevie G out for the year. Will give the opportunity for hopefully some young players to step up, besides hes not gonna be here forever, should be useful getting used to being without him and trying to get a functioning team together.

'opportunity for some young players to step up' = Spearing starting far too many games and stinking it up as per usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you mean out for the season.
'opportunity for some young players to step up' = Spearing starting far too many games and stinking it up as per usual.
Shelvey has only just returned from injury so unfortunately that is the case.

Agger, Kelly, Johnson and Gerrard out for the rest of the season. Jesus christ, this is the season that just keeps on giving.

It didn't help when Fabio left Gerrard on the field until the 85th minute in that pointless friendly back in December, where he ended up injuring himself again. ****ing twat!

Secondly, because we aren't in Europe next season we better have a lot of Saturday matches.

We've had jack shit this season even the weeks we weren't in the Europa League. I suppose, it depends on Sky, they will want us on Sunday and Mondays like always. :mad:

Our season is basically finished, I just want the transfer window to open already so we can rebuild for next season and beyond.

:thumbsu:

Good decision to sign Woy up, then go behind Rafa's back, scrap the deal he had made with Chamakh and then signed Joe Cole instead, which meant we weren't interested in Rafa (because we had players in his position).

And he extended Carra's contract by 2 years which is what we all wanted. Really terrific job he did.:thumbsu:

Im not going to give up like the rest of you seem to have done. Were 5 points behind Tottenham and they have a game in hand but they still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and us at Anfield. They could drop quite a few points in those games. Yeah we have lost Gerrard and Agger for the season and it looks like Kelly and Johnson might not take any further part in the season but we have to fight on. Show some spirit and try to put some wins together. A couple of losses from Spurs puts the pressure on them.

If we keep winning and they lose just two games, we will be just 2 points behind them with Spurs coming to Anfield. Im not gonna give up just yet, still plenty of points to play for and hopefully we can sneak into the Europa League next season.

As for signings, no idea what's happening. Ive never been keen on that Marveaux guy. Injury prone and isnt the quickest. That isnt the kind of winger we need, even if he is free. Weve been linked with a host of LB's the latest being Cissohko which would be a great buy.

I dont want Spearing starting any more games. Jonjo is back in training, played an hour for the reserves. Get him in! Need to beat City on Monday to keep our slim chances of 5th alive. Would be a huge boost for us if we could. We need a little bit of Suarez magic or Carroll to actually do something useful.

Im not going to give up like the rest of you seem to have done. Were 5 points behind Tottenham and they have a game in hand but they still have to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and us at Anfield. They could drop quite a few points in those games. Yeah we have lost Gerrard and Agger for the season and it looks like Kelly and Johnson might not take any further part in the season but we have to fight on. Show some spirit and try to put some wins together. A couple of losses from Spurs puts the pressure on them.

If we keep winning and they lose just two games, we will be just 2 points behind them with Spurs coming to Anfield. Im not gonna give up just yet, still plenty of points to play for and hopefully we can sneak into the Europa League next season.

As for signings, no idea what's happening. Ive never been keen on that Marveaux guy. Injury prone and isnt the quickest. That isnt the kind of winger we need, even if he is free. Weve been linked with a host of LB's the latest being Cissohko which would be a great buy.

I dont want Spearing starting any more games. Jonjo is back in training, played an hour for the reserves. Get him in! Need to beat City on Monday to keep our slim chances of 5th alive. Would be a huge boost for us if we could. We need a little bit of Suarez magic or Carroll to actually do something useful.

I was like this before the WBA game, then I saw us play with no Gerrard, Agger, Johnson and Kelly. :thumbsu:

Give it up Jod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back