The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyones squad for the game against Newcastle in a week?

Reina
Flanagan Carra Skrtel Robinson
Lucas Meireles
Kuyt Suarez Maxi
Carroll

You can't drop Maxi after that and while Spearing has been good I don't think we need both him and Lucas in the same team playing at home to a mid table team.

If Carroll is fit I would use that squad. If Carroll isn't 100% fit then we play same squad as Birmingham game.

Carroll will want to play against Newcastle, that's for sure (but I don't expect him to be effective against Willo and Collo).

If he's fit, he'll probably start on the bench, cannot see KK making changes to a 5-0 winning side, he wont drop Kuyt or Suarez, so if Carroll does come back in, it'll have to be Maxi that goes out, since Spearing or Lucas aren't being left out of the side either, they've been stalwarts under KK since Gerrard's injuries.

Kenny rewards good performances no way is Maxi going to be dropped after a hattrick, that's something Benitez would do to Babel and Benayoun.

I still think we don't need Lucas and Spearing in the same team playing at home to Newcastle though, Meireles can play next to Lucas.

Going to be an interesting team selection if Carroll is fit enough to start.

Reina
Flanno Skrtel Carragher Robinson
Spearing Lucas
Suarez Meireles Maxi
Kuyt

Carroll on the bench as a weapon, we fall down 1-0 or it's a stalemate chuck on Andy for the last half hour.

Pretty straight forward to me.

Don't think we'll see any changes to the starting XI but I think Carroll will come onto the bench for Coady and will get around 30 mins against his old team. This is a must win game if we are to have any chance of 5th spot.

If Carroll is passed fit, then he starts. I know it's tough on Maxi to drop him after scoring a hattrick but Spearing and Lucas are a lock for central midfield. Kuyt and Suarez must play so it comes down to Raul and Maxi. Maybe Raul will revert to the bench but I just cant see it. It's tough on Maxi but he just isnt in our strongest 11, even with the injuries we have, he isnt.

I want to finish 5th just because I want to finish as high as possible. I think the minute G&H were ousted, we have been on our way back. We have installed the right manager, made two great buys in Suarez, who has completely changed the way we play. KK's methods of keeping the ball on the deck and playing pass and move makes Suarez so important and he shines every time he plays. Then there is Carroll who is a different beast altogether.

KK doesnt mind throwing the kids in and has played Shelvey when fit and Kelly started almost every game. Now Flanno and Robinson have been coming through too. The results have been far better. I think with the right players being brought in in the summer that we will be a force to be reckoned with again next season.

Im so positive about our future, I havent felt like this for years because of G&H. Now all i see is progress.

Blackburn are on the edge of the drop zone... Hopefully this could really lift them at home against Man City and cause an upset... If that were to happen we would only be 4 point behind city and they would have 1 game in hand still and tottenham have chelsea at the bridge..

But if it went that way 4th really would be a chance for us to have a crack at...

We didn't pay 35m for a bench option.

Assuming he's fit he needs to play.

It's one game man? He clearly isn't a general bench option but he's coming back from injury and we're coming off a 5-0 win why would you change the XI?

I'm sure it won't hurt to have him be a bench option for one game, or is that against the law because he cost us 35 million?

Blackburn are on the edge of the drop zone... Hopefully this could really lift them at home against Man City and cause an upset... If that were to happen we would only be 4 point behind city and they would have 1 game in hand still and tottenham have chelsea at the bridge..

But if it went that way 4th really would be a chance for us to have a crack at...

Man City are four points ahead of us with two games in hand...we are not going to catch them.

I still think we're only an outside chance of finishing 5th. Tottenham have three very tough away games to come but given our away form this season, we are just as likely to drop points at Fulham and Aston Villa.

Man City are four points ahead of us with two games in hand...we are not going to catch them.

I still think we're only an outside chance of finishing 5th. Tottenham have three very tough away games to come but given our away form this season, we are just as likely to drop points at Fulham and Aston Villa.

I said only if Blackburn win against City at home... then theyd be 4 up with 1 in hand and have some tricky away games..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one game man? He clearly isn't a general bench option but he's coming back from injury and we're coming off a 5-0 win why would you change the XI?

I'm sure it won't hurt to have him be a bench option for one game, or is that against the law because he cost us 35 million?

Did you not read my second line?

If he's fit enough to start then he needs to play is what I'm saying. If he's not 100% I don't want him starting.

I said only if Blackburn win against City at home... then theyd be 4 up with 1 in hand and have some tricky away games..

Fair enough, they would then have Everton and Bolton as away games, which are tricky, with West Ham, Tottenham and Stoke at home.

But as I said, we would still probably have to win our last four, including away games at Fulham and Villa...I hope we do, but it's unlikely.

GJ is aiming to be fit for Newcastle. I know the kids have been fantastic so far, but they are still kids nonetheless, so if fit he will be a likely inclusion.

He has been out for like 23 days now giving Flanagan 50-60 more minutes before putting him on would be a good idea.

what do people think of flanno compared to robbinson so far? i think robinson will end up the much better player, looks much better going foward, not sure flanno has quality in his delivery.

At the moment, I'm just happy with their defensive efforts, not too fussed with their attacking abilities at this point, they are after all, 17 and 18 respectively.

They've got plenty of time to work on their attacking game, but at that age, to be solid defenders, with great positional sense as well as tackling ability is just about all you can ask for.

We will have no problems whatsoever selling Glen Johnson.

I like both these kids... Especially Robinson.. I think Flanno is very good in defense but hope he improves on his attacking side as he gets more confident...

But they're not ready to be first choice for a whole season.. I want to sell Johnson, play Kelly at right back have Flanno as his backup and buy a LB and have Robinson as the backup... I can see how purchasing a LB on a long term deal may deter Robinson and halt his progress because really.. in 2 years time he will be ready to dominate... So we'd have to be careful but I think for next season at least we need to bring someone in.

I like both these kids... Especially Robinson.. I think Flanno is very good in defense but hope he improves on his attacking side as he gets more confident...

But they're not ready to be first choice for a whole season.. I want to sell Johnson, play Kelly at right back have Flanno as his backup and buy a LB and have Robinson as the backup... I can see how purchasing a LB on a long term deal may deter Robinson and halt his progress because really.. in 2 years time he will be ready to dominate... So we'd have to be careful but I think for next season at least we need to bring someone in.

Kelly will eventually shift centrally and then the new LB can move to RB or Robinson can move to RB. Although Flanno has been good I certainly think Robinson will end up the better plyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back