The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one wanting to keep GJ?

Might as well unless we're getting a big offer.

Flanagan is inexperienced so I don't want to buy a RB when that money can be used towards a winger, left back, centre back and a central midfielder.

So would I but if got offered 10m+ then we should sell.

i also want to keep johnson, if we want to make the top 4 we need players like johnson in our side.

can you imagine having flanno at right back trying to deliver balls to carroll in the dying minutes of a match at the end of the season when we need to win a game?

play johnson when we play the weak sides, kelly when we play the better sides and flanno when we play cup games or have injuries.

If Stoke win the FA cup and don't get relegated then no matter who finishes 5th no one gets Europe League football, correct???

Birmingham are in for winning the League Cup
Stoke are in if they win the FA Cup

Top 4 would then make UCL and 5th or 6th wouldn't get European football.

If Man City win the FA Cup, does the spot not go to the runner up, assuming Man City finish top 4?

I am pretty sure the runner up get it, so it means Stoke in Europe.

That's what I thought, but I cant 100% say I know the answer, so we'll just wait and see what happens.

If only they made the Champions League, then we could see if Barca could hack it on a cold wet windy night at the Brittania.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Stoke win the FA cup and don't get relegated then no matter who finishes 5th no one gets Europe League football, correct???

It's like this

Stoke win the FA Cup, Stoke play in the Europa league along with Birmingham and fifth in the league.
citeh win the FA Cup but finish in the champions league places, citeh play in the champions league, Stoke in the Europa along with Birmingham and fifth in the league.
citeh win the FA cup but finish fifth in the league, they go into the Europa league along with Stoke and Birmingham
For Stoke to miss out they'd have to lose the final and citeh to finish sixth (as fifth in the league would go into the Europa). Still mathematically possible.

The rules must of changed in the last year or so, but as I understand it, for 6th place to make Europe City have to win the cup and finish outside the top 4. Anything else and it goes to Stoke.

Not that we would ever bother about it but do they run the Inter Toto cup these days? Might be a way for small clubs like Spurs to qualify for the Europa League. I am indifferent about Europa League next season; if we qualify I say try youngsters in it, will be great experience. Focus on FA Cup/EPL next season.

G'day folks. It's been a while since I've posted on the Liverpool threads. That was due to all the doom and gloom and whinging that was going on at the start of the season. But these are happier times now of course. The Hodgson thing was inexplicable. A man with such a proven track record at several other clubs, and now managing well at West Brom, and yet for whatever reason, a complete disaster at Liverpool.

I was delighted when we gave King Kenny the gig and I hope he spends a long time at the helm. He's got our blokes playing as a team. He's prepared to back our young players! Which was something Rafa never did. Also, I'm delighted the Yanks sold the club. I hope the door hit them both on the way out. All you Dirk Kuyt knockers have been proven wrong. He's been amazing for us this season.

As for Rafa, we were completely vindicated in moving him on. He was a disaster at Inter as well.

Obviously I was sad to lose one of our club's all-time favourite players, Fernando Torres. But it was the right decision. Approaching his late 20s, and with dodgy hamstrings, his production down, and obviously wanting out of the club, cashing in when we did was a very smart move. I am very excited about both his replacements. Yes, we spent a fortune on Andy Carroll, but sometimes you have to take a gamble. Carroll, with his size, skills and aerial ability, has the potential to be the next Zlatan of world soccer.

I was really happy to see Fabio Aurelio had changed his mind and decided to stay. He's my favourite current Liverpool player. I thought he was on the way out for sure! Pity about his hamstrings, though. :(

I sense very good times ahead. :D

A man with such a proven track record at several other clubs, and now managing well at West Brom, and yet for whatever reason, a complete disaster at Liverpool.
The fact that the guy has been coaching for like 35 years is the only positive thing on his CV. There is a reason he only coaches a team for a year....
He's prepared to back our young players! Which was something Rafa never did.
You are talking about the guy who re-built the academy right? Without Rafa we wouldnt have any youngsters to field!

All you Dirk Kuyt knockers have been proven wrong. He's been amazing for us this season.
Dirk is the same Dirk. He has been very very good of late, but so has the team in general. And thats the problem - when we come out firing, he plays well, but when we are flat he has a shocker. And when he has a shocker he tends to turn the ball over every time he gets it because of his very poor first touch. You have to take the good with the bad with him and hope his good koutweighs the bad. Would definitely be looking for a winger to replace him and have him playing as a second option as a forward.
As for Rafa, we were completely vindicated in moving him on. He was a disaster at Inter as well.
How many trophies did Rafa win at Inter vs Hodgson at Inter?

What would people do with Maxi in the summer?

Did he justify his spot with the 3 goals on the weekend or would people still shift him off?

3 goals or not I'd keep him for depth on the wings, or even central midfield/behind the striker.

He's a versatile player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back