The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im very uneasy about selling Glen Johnson because of his versatility and his attacking abilty is unrivalled. His defending isn't as bad as people make it out to be either. Flanagan is good for the future but he isn't ready for consistant first team action yet. Seeing him loaned out will be good.

Robinson had Theo in his pocket, I was very impressed with him. I would like to see him play more next season behind Enrique (if he does indeed arrive). Aurelio has another season on his contract but we all know he will be out for half the season anyway so Robbo will get his chances.

I think the idea of selling Johnson is ludicrous. He's our most creative player (something pretty much non-existent amongst our current group of players).

havent seen much at all, only a couple of games, looks decent at that level, not outstanding. reads the play well and doesnt mind a tackle but i cant see him making it in the premier league, just doesnt have that hardness in him.

Reina
Kelly/Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Gerrard - Lucas - Meireles
Suarez - Carroll - Young
:D

No way Skrtel and Agger both start in our back 4 next season.

Why not?

Skrtel's been one of our most consistent performers under the King and hasn't put a foot wrong bar the West Ham game?

Another great performance against Arsenal with little quality and experience around him in defence.

If we buy a Sakho or Cahill (or insert random linked CB here), they aren't going to come and sit on the bench.

Skrtel probably first player out, but if we get an offer for Agger, we might sell due to his injury problems.

If we buy a Sakho or Cahill (or insert random linked CB here), they aren't going to come and sit on the bench.

Skrtel probably first player out, but if we get an offer for Agger, we might sell due to his injury problems.
Reina must be a big doubt as well?

You'll probably sign an attacker, a midfielder, and 1/2 defenders - possibly a GK depending on Reina.

don't need to go crazy but like every season for most teams 3 or 4 are needed to keep things fresh.

I've heard Derby want to have him back on loan next season.

He has also been fouling a fair bit and copping a Yellow every few games (10 in 24 aps for Hull and Derby this season)

What are peoples thoughts on him? Is he a future best 11 player for Liverpool?

From what I've seen he strikes me as very much an old school centre half. Tall, rugged, aggressive, bit of an animal in fact. Definitely has a future in the English game but probably not at Liverpool, I could see one of the newly promoted teams next season going for him possibly.

Reina must be a big doubt as well?

You'll probably sign an attacker, a midfielder, and 1/2 defenders - possibly a GK depending on Reina.

don't need to go crazy but like every season for most teams 3 or 4 are needed to keep things fresh.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards him probably asking to leave at the end of the season.

However, he seems like the type who wont leave unless we get the best deal possible. (Hopefully).

for reina it all depends on the players we sign, if we sign 19 year olds with big future he goes, if we sign players of the ilk of suarez then he will stay for atleast another season.

lloris was mentioned in the press today as a replacement for reina, wouldnt be against that, although de gea and neuer are better.

Who would Reina go to though?

Utd will probably splash out on a younger keeper, Arsenal don't buy keepers, City have Hart, Barca have Valdes and Real have Casillas.

It seems like AC Milan or Bayern would be his only option.

I think Wenger will be forced to buy a keeper in the off-season and with Cesc (if he stays at Arsenal) could help them land Reina.

for reina it all depends on the players we sign, if we sign 19 year olds with big future he goes, if we sign players of the ilk of suarez then he will stay for atleast another season.

lloris was mentioned in the press today as a replacement for reina, wouldnt be against that, although de gea and neuer are better.

Lloris will cost as much, if not more than Reina

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Lloris is massively overrated and he shouldn't cost anywhere near as much as Pepe.

A recent quote from Pepe Reina in LFC Weekly:

“We have improved since Kenny became manager. We have beaten the big teams. But it is important as players to repeat that in every game. We need to be consistent…with the aggression, commitment…everything. We cannot just perform against the top sides because a season is 10 months long. If we get the balance right, we’ll be a lot, lot closer to where we want to be. We started this season and the last one not the best. Next time, we need to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

Possible pointer to where he sees himself?

I think Lloris is massively overrated and he shouldn't cost anywhere near as much as Pepe.

Lloris is in the top 5 keepers in the world IMO. Great keeper, still young. The only keeper I'd be happy to replace Reina with, anyone else would be a downgrade (of the keepers available on the transfer market).

Kenny Dalglish will not face censure for his outburst at Arsene Wenger in the immediate aftermath of Sunday's 1-1 draw with Arsenal.

Having approached his counterpart with an apparent expression of disbelief at the last gasp drama Dalglish appeared to think the Frenchman would reciprocate.

However, Wenger refused to observe the custom of shaking hands and complained at the time referee, Andre Marriner, added on.

He also claimed that Emmanuel Eboue's challenge on Lucas Leiva did not merit a penalty.

Though Dalglish swore in his retort the Football Association have been quick to dismiss any possibility of charges being raised.

It was also distinguished from the situation which recently saw Wayne Rooney punished by a two match ban.

"There is a clear distinction between the Wayne Rooney incident and others as seen," a spokesman said.

"Rooney’s outburst was directed quite pointedly at a television camera."

Fernando Torres, January sometime....

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but if you are making a reference to Torres saying how much he loves the club within 4 weeks of actually leaving, most Liverpool supporters know those "quotes" were BS.

Still Pepe hasn't come out and said that he is definitely staying.

Rafa Benitez said:
“I wanted Florent Malouda last summer but Parry wouldn’t pay the signing-on fee, so he went to Chelsea. He brought in Ryan Babel and paid £2million more than we wanted to. He paid too much for Jermaine Pennant and Yossi Benayoun and made a big mistake with Javier Mascherano’s contract because he allowed him a get-out clause, which ended up costing the club more money.”

A quote from Brian Reade's book titled An Epic Swindle: 44 months with a pair of cowboys.

When asked why he didn’t just walk away from Liverpool if it was so much hassle, and take up one of the regular offers from Real Madrid, he replied: “I love the club too much and my wife loves living here. This is my home.

Rafa Benitez said:
“Also, if I go, Reina, Arbeloa, Mascherano and Torres would all leave too. Xabi Alonso will go anyway, because he wants to go back to Spain.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back