The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's not start the Ibe/Sterling rubbish again. We did that to death in the preseason where they came to Melbourne.

Ibe has been amazing in his 2nd start (that's right isn't it? It's hard to believe) for us. He was our go to guy tonight. He had a go at Can when he tried to play him in with a through ball, gesturing he would rather it at his feet so he can run at them. 2nd game. 19yrs old.

If someone can give me a gif of his shimmy to lose Motta (?) and then winning the penalty on the same player in the same play i can offer a 'like' in return. Gooo on.

I'm already indifferent on Sterling, his heads in the clouds. Maybe Ibe came back and is starting because we don't know where Raheem's at.

Certainly not in any danger of busting open 3-0 wins for the remainder of this season

Sheesh

Amateur hour from us if there was not a penalty hierarchy (adjusted for subs etc) in place from the get go

Making heavy weather of average opposition

Being Liverpool :drunk:

hurry up and bloody win liverpool, you've annoyed me enough this season already

I hate waiting until Friday morning Aus time for European games.

Double whammy is we get shafted with Monday morning fixtures for the EPL. :mad:

Dear Studge. Shut your mouth and know your role.

Amateur hour from us if there was not a penalty hierarchy (adjusted for subs etc) in place from the get go

$186, WTF?

I paid $150 for the rolled gold Level 2 seats at the G. Top of the wazza.

Are you ever happy/not angry? Seriously dude, stress less and you will live longer :eek:

Not a great performance but a good win against a decent side that is used to winning and has a strong European pedigree.

They will need to have more of a go at us over there and with our pace on the counter we should be able to cause them all sorts of problems and if we score then it is hard to see them scoring 3+.

Balotelli with his record had to take the penalty - there really shouldn't have been any debate.

Another excellent performance from Ibe. I never foresaw him making anything like this sort of impact when we recalled him from Derby, but he is pretty much our go-to man at the moment! Very impressive.

I dont care what other people say. I LOVE FSG.

They saved us from something unthinkable and have never put a foot wrong IMO. What's happening with the stadium expansion and the work in the surrounding Anfield area is amazing and a huge boost for the local community and of course the football club.

It's good times. I always felt we dominated football before $$ became important. The moment it did, we just refused to come out of the dark ages. Everybody got the jump on us and it set us back 20 years. I read once that we were the last English club to get their own personal website. We are one of the biggest clubs on the planet and we were the last to get a freaking website?? The club was horribly mismanaged during the transfer from the First Division to the money of the Premier League.

We never caught up. Only now do I believe we are starting to catch up and over take many. Getting us back in the game so to speak.

I like that they have given us stability and that they are moving things along with the stadium and the surrounding area.

But, and I have said it in here before, I think they lack a bit of ambition in the transfer market with their apparent "buy young players with resale value" transfer policy. They need to sanction the occasional spending on more proven, ready-to-go talent if we are to compete consistently at the very top level.

I'm already indifferent on Sterling, his heads in the clouds. Maybe Ibe came back and is starting because we don't know where Raheem's at.

I think it's a good perspective for Raheem (or his agent) that Ibe is shooting out MoM weekly since he's back from the loan showing that Liverpool can pluck out another Sterling from our academy and would kill to be in his position and he should just take that ludicrious offer of 100k a week for a 20 year old in comparison to Ibe who's probably on 10k.

I think it's a good perspective for Raheem (or his agent) that Ibe is shooting out MoM weekly since he's back from the loan showing that Liverpool can pluck out another Sterling from our academy and would kill to be in his position and he should just take that ludicrious offer of 100k a week for a 20 year old in comparison to Ibe who's probably on 10k.
hahahhahaha what an avatar

Sterling supremely underrated here gents, he'd have to be one of the best 20 year olds in the world. Ibe has put in a couple of great performances yes, but he hasn't had to shoulder a lot of the burden as Sterling did the first half of the season. Not to mention Sterling has been killing it for nearly a couple of years now.

Sterling supremely underrated here gents, he'd have to be one of the best 20 year olds in the world. Ibe has put in a couple of great performances yes, but he hasn't had to shoulder a lot of the burden as Sterling did the first half of the season. Not to mention Sterling has been killing it for nearly a couple of years now.

Bang. Dylan on point. Who cares who is better - both are reds!

#dylansucks

2 beast, 1 ship.

I agree but you just don't to be giving the kid the world at such a young age and he may regress in his development because he already got it all at such a young age.

As the saying goes " it's real hard to get out of bed 5am in the morning wearing silk pajamas.

2 beast, 1 ship.

I agree but you just don't to be giving the kid the world at such a young age and he may regress in his development because he already got it all at such a young age.

As the saying goes " it's real hard to get out of bed 5am in the morning wearing silk pajamas.
On the flip side, he's been carrying our team at such a young age and deserves reward which he could easily get elsewhere.

Considering his total fee was only what, 5m over a few years, I don't mind having to pay wages appropriate to his current contribution, being a top 3 player at a top 6 EPL side. Especially as the new TV rights deal comes in, average wages will probably rise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some one needs to tell Hendo that he's called spag legs for a reason. He just shouldn't be allowed near a dead ball. Is Ballotelli starting to look like he might have his uses?

I like that they have given us stability and that they are moving things along with the stadium and the surrounding area.

But, and I have said it in here before, I think they lack a bit of ambition in the transfer market with their apparent "buy young players with resale value" transfer policy. They need to sanction the occasional spending on more proven, ready-to-go talent if we are to compete consistently at the very top level.
Whilst I agree with this, I think they are still licking their wounds from the Carroll, Downing, Adam, Henderson fiasco. Whilst Henderson came good and it's money well spent, the other three was pissing money into the wind. Since then I think they have really tightened up to make sure we arent just throwing money away again. Hence the resale value. If it doesnt work, we can get our money back.

With Carroll, Downing and Adam, it didnt work and we couldnt get our money back. Hopefully with a strong young base in place we can just add top ups, one or two big signings each summer.

Oh and let's all not forget how good Sterling is. Yes Ibe is the shiny new toy but Sterling has been doing at the top level for nearly two years, not only playing well but scoring key goals too. We should pay him and im sure it will all get sorted out soon enough.

Interesting that the club is talking new contract for Ibe, it's gone quiet on the Sterling front.

Whilst I agree with this, I think they are still licking their wounds from the Carroll, Downing, Adam, Henderson fiasco. Whilst Henderson came good and it's money well spent, the other three was pissing money into the wind. Since then I think they have really tightened up to make sure we arent just throwing money away again. Hence the resale value. If it doesnt work, we can get our money back.

With Carroll, Downing and Adam, it didnt work and we couldnt get our money back. Hopefully with a strong young base in place we can just add top ups, one or two big signings each summer.

We got half of our money back for Carroll. Adam we only made a slight loss. Downing was bought for16m pounds and sold for 6m pounds. That's where the real loss was. That's football though. Look at all the money Chelsea have pissed away over the years - you don't see their owner holding back on buying big name footballers.

Whoever we buy to replace Gerrard can't be the "next best thing" - they already need to be top class and on the way to being world class.

Flanno resumed light training this week. "Should" be available within 4 weeks. For an injury that started out as knee "soreness" it has been one heck of a layoff for the young lad. I've seen footballers recover from ACL in that sort of time frame. Looks like our old doc was doing a terrible job.

We got half of our money back for Carroll. Adam we only made a slight loss. Downing was bought for16m pounds and sold for 6m pounds. That's where the real loss was. That's football though. Look at all the money Chelsea have pissed away over the years - you don't see their owner holding back on buying big name footballers.

Whoever we buy to replace Gerrard can't be the "next best thing" - they already need to be top class and on the way to being world class.
Chelsea dont hold back because they have on the richest blokes in the world running things through his shady businesses in Russia. We dont have that kind of money bro.

Chelsea can afford to piss money into the wind. We cant.

Flanno resumed light training this week. "Should" be available within 4 weeks. For an injury that started out as knee "soreness" it has been one heck of a layoff for the young lad. I've seen footballers recover from ACL in that sort of time frame. Looks like our old doc was doing a terrible job.
Was it ever made public exactly what the problem was. He has been out so long, it seems to me like a knee reco??

Was it ever made public exactly what the problem was. He has been out so long, it seems to me like a knee reco??

Wasn't made public but originally started off only as "knee soreness". Never heard anything about an operation, just that he would be fit again soon for about the last 2 months. I guess you can't take any risks at his age with his body developing but it does seem like an excessively long layoff for any knee injury that isn't ACL related.

I want to see us offering 60m pounds for Pogba if we qualify for CL next season :)
Haha and you can keep dreaming.

We cant attract the big name stars. Even with the size and stature of our club and our history, our location isnt great. The Sanchez case in point. Nobody wants to actively live in Liverpool haha.

So we have to find the next level down and turn them into stars. Like we have done with Torres, Suarez etc in the past and hope to do with Markovic, Can etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back