The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markovic has been a bit of a worry in his last few games.
I was happy with Lovren.
Would have liked to see Balo get some minutes considering he has scored a couple of times lately. Is a confidence player.

Besiktas on Friday morning. Think its a good idea for Sturridge not to travel and be fresh for the City game. Rests also for Coutinho & Sakho.

Would like to see:

Mings
Can Skrtel Lovren
Allen
Ibe Hendo Lallana Moreno
Sterling Balotelli

Rests for Hendo & Can if we have the game sewn up. Hit em hard on the counter - one goal will get us through.

Then against Citeh:

------------Mings------------

-------Toure-----Skrtel-------Sakho

------------------Can------------------

Markovic-----Hendo----Coutinho------Moreno

----------------Sterling----------Sturridge

Can't play Allen against them, he will be destroyed by their midfield.

Completely agree would be mad not to rest Coutinho for city, thought he looked tired vs soton also think Can is due fora rest before City.
Disagree with you on Allen though hes starting to build some form and was very good against soton.

Yeah I thought Allen was OK as well.

Great result, not such a great performance, particularly in the first half where we really rode our luck at times. But we seemed to steady as the game went on and were fairly comfortable in the end. Skrtel was immense; he really seems to thriving as the central CB in the three and always seems to do well in these "backs to the wall" type games.

At last, we appear to have found something that works defensively - as exciting as last season was, it was hardly sustainable simply trying to outscore teams week after week. We have really tightened things up and Mignolet looks like a different player out there. Having said that, I thought we missed Sakho and his ability to pass the ball out of defence. Hopefully he is back for City.

Markovic has been a bit of a worry in his last few games.
I was happy with Lovren.
Would have liked to see Balo get some minutes considering he has scored a couple of times lately. Is a confidence player.

Played out of position at left wingback and it showed. BR made the sensible decision to bring on Moreno at half time. We definitely looked more solid defensively in the 2nd half. I can understand why BR wanted to rest Moreno, he's played a lot of football lately. The problem is we're lacking in alternatives.

Sakho has a minor hip injury apparently. Definitely wasn't rested.

He always seems to injure his hip. Absolutely cannot travel to Turkey. No way he can back up against City 3 days after a long flight home. Confident we can get the job done without him though.

He always seems to injure his hip. Absolutely cannot travel to Turkey. No way he can back up against City 3 days after a long flight home. Confident we can get the job done without him though.
Skrtel to put in a gigantic shift to make up for the incompetence of Lovren and Allen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this resting stuff has got to go out the window. Skrtel in particular cant be rested, neither can Henderson.

Some players are just too key to what we do and those are two of them. We have a tough game in Turkey and then City at home. We have to play our best 11 in both games and then perhaps rest a couple for Burnley and then the international break.

We just gotta keep plowing on unfortunately.

I could see Skrtel perhaps getting a rest against Burnley if Toure is now back. Henderson wont be rested until Lucas and Gerrard return.

Watched the game last night. Did Lovren actually make a successful pass?
I thought Migs saved our arse again, his shot stopping has been immense the last month or so. Still cringe at times when he comes out flapping though.

Watched the game last night. Did Lovren actually make a successful pass?
I thought Migs saved our arse again, his shot stopping has been immense the last month or so. Still cringe at times when he comes out flapping though.
Had a passing accuracy of around 65% as oppose to Sakho's average 94% is what I read I think. Also got caught out of position numerous times but looked a bit more comfortable in second half. Really should have been playing LCB and Can RCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back