The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone's thoughts on Migs?

More Cech rumours this week in the papers. Mignolet has been back to his best and been one of our best players in our recent turnaround. He's been nothing short of brilliant really. But Cech is in the top 5 GK's in the world.

In fact you would have Courtois, DDG, Neuer and then probably Cech.

If he wanted to come, it would be hard to turn down wouldnt it.

Would only take Cech now if available at a good price. Chelsea could have gotten good money for him in January. I think we'll be in for him in summer but will only offer 5 million or so.

I reckon we should hang on to Mignolet.

Brad Jones (32 years old) is the one we should be replacing. Surely there is some young talent we can develop that is 10 years younger and already a better keeper than him we can get cheaply to be the backup.

I reckon we should hang on to Mignolet.

Brad Jones (32 years old) is the one we should be replacing. Surely there is some young talent we can develop that is 10 years younger and already a better keeper than him we can get cheaply to be the backup.

You would have to question why Cech would go from the bench at Chelsea to the bench for us though? If he's coming here, then Mignolet is relegated to the bench and he wouldn't be happy with that either.

It's always nice to dream about having two top keepers but I reckon we'll replace Jones with someone like Shay Given....

Was just watching Suarez in our 12-13 season review.

What a player. Shame he left. Another thought was about Jonjo. Did we really need to sell him? He has done well at Swansea, he's pretty combative, scores goals. Probably better than Joe Allen, he would be a decent squad player for us. I wasnt overly bothered when he was sold. I was happy to keep him but not bothered if he left. Still watching some of his work in that season review and how he has played since moving to Swansea makes you think it might have been better to keep him around.

Jonjo is a better finisher, absolute cannon of a shot on him, but Allen has him covered in every other way as a CM in my opinion. I do enjoy watching Jonjo play though, he's helped us out on a number of occasions since moving to Swansea! I just think he's a bit too erratic and inconsistent to play for a bigger side.

I have a feeling we'll be picking Teixeira over both of them soon though! Just picked up another MOTM award in Brighton's 2-0 win over Leeds making it 6 in 19 games for the season (2nd in the Championship). The most in the league is 8 and that player has made over 10 more appearances than Joao. I think it's safe to say the Championship is obviously not his level so I'm really keen to see how he goes in the Premier League.

Last edited:

Great post mate. Particularly enjoyed the below snippet!

Kenny Dalglish was short of numbers for a six-a-side game at Melwood when he fetched Ibe over to play with the senior players for the first time in 2012.

Ibe showed no anxiety, announcing himself to a group of players that included Luis Suarez by scoring in the top corner, first with his left foot and then with his right.

When Suarez asked how old he was, the Uruguay forward refused to believe that Ibe was only 16. ‘At least 18,’ was Suarez’s response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But every other club? Embarrassing.

Loved the irony on the weekend that the Southampton fans were singing it, then the second goal they conceded came from one of their defenders slipping.

For all the complaining you guys do about me, you can't resist making snide digs.

No snide digs, no moomba. Pretty simple really

As for the song, I like it. We'll probably stop singing it next year, but for now that event was a pretty significant in us being the champions.

If singing it makes us a small club I couldnt give a shite really. I think its only people on the internet that care whether their club is perceived to be a big club or small club.

For all the complaining you guys do about me, you can't resist making snide digs.

No snide digs, no moomba. Pretty simple really

As for the song, I like it. We'll probably stop singing it next year, but for now that event was a pretty significant in us being the champions.

If singing it makes us a small club I couldnt give a shite really. I think its only people on the internet that care whether their club is perceived to be a big club or small club.

I didn't see you mentioned anywhere mate. Why be so defensive?

They were singing it at a Barca vs City game. Like really?

Why not? It's a major talking point as to why they're currently the champions? Can sing it all they want whenever they want for all I care.

I don't even care when the other clubs do it really. I just think if I were their fans Id probably think twice about singing a song which refers to the events which lead to another club finishing second on the table when they're currently fighting off relegation themselves.

And honestly it's a sign of respect that Gerrard has that many fans singing it. Aspas' corner doesn't have that many songs attached to it does it? If he hadn't had had such a good career no one would bother.

So let them sing. Who cares.

we're not a small club haha guys don't make jokes about that WE'RE NOT A SMALL CLUB look i don't actually care but i did post here within 10 minutes of someone alluding to my militant defense of any slight against my team on an opposition team's thread
yeah ok moombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back