The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We never were going to sign Mata.

Silva was the one we missed out on I think, Hicks and Gillett either didn't want to pay the transfer fee or his wages or possibly both knowing those 2 incompetent twats.

We were very heavily linked to Mata in 2011

Yeah but we were also rubbish in 2011! We had an opportunity to sign Silva at the end of that 2008/09 season, he was interested in joining us but the owners tightened the purse strings and we had to pull out.

------------Reina-------------
Arbeloa-Carra-Agger-Aurelio
-----Alonso-Mascherano-----
---Kuyt---Gerrard---Silva---
------------Torres------------

... please excuse me, I need to go and break something now.

Yeah but we were also rubbish in 2011! We had an opportunity to sign Silva at the end of that 2008/09 season, he was interested in joining us but the owners tightened the purse strings and we had to pull out.

------------Reina-------------
Arbeloa-Carra-Agger-Aurelio
-----Alonso-Mascherano-----
---Kuyt---Gerrard---Silva---
------------Torres------------

... please excuse me, I need to go and break something now.
If we had held onto Alonso and Arbeloa that 09/10 season :/

I do enjoy how easily it seems liverpool supporters get under the skins of other supporters.

poster in the match day thread brings up how annoyed he was at us being excited and chanting about being top of the league with 3-4 games remaining in the year.

He's also irritated at how happy we were after knocking off one of the two title contenders in a huge boost for our top 4 chances.

There's another post complaining about us wondering about how good a young player who's just scored three ridiculous goals in a three week period can be and using comments made by someone playing in an entirely different country to back that up.

A few posters crack the absolute shits whenever a supporter says something that slightly disagrees with their perspective (think you can all guess who I mean)

There's currently a thread going around designed to do nothing but mock a legend of the club.

another poster complained about our fans when a post game analysis was posted as if it was some sort of example of fans going over the top.

The scouse commentary vids that were posted after any negative result (albeit being pretty funny)

Yet supposedly we're the "obsessive" fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh, I'd just put him and his drivel on ignore. He's essentially the Chelsea equivalent of Faith. Sad part is that he most likely believes the shit that spouts from his mouth, whereas Faith was just generally trolling most of the time.

You're welcome mate, I missed the 2nd half myself as I had to head off to work.

Here are the MOTD Highlights & Analysis too if anyone's interested:
http://www.lfc.vn/motd1/motd-liverpool-burnley-s15-w28/
I like the discussion about Henderson. He showed it last season against Tottenham how good he can be when he isn't playing second fiddle to Gerrard in midfield, and he's showing it again now. It's an exciting future ahead for Jordan.

Tbh, I'd just put him and his drivel on ignore. He's essentially the Chelsea equivalent of Faith. Sad part is that he most likely believes the shit that spouts from his mouth, whereas Faith was just generally trolling most of the time.

Pretty much. Just remember how shit their lives must be if they've got nothing better to do than troll on message boards with people they don't know or go sniffing for any little thing they can argue and post all day to get the last word in. Unfortunately this board always has a little Dutch rudder club of regulars that post shit all day.

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about them, they have chips on their shoulders for some reason so no use worrying about it. At least you have some escape from them in here, unlike the bad old days when the mods used to do **** all to reign in the problem posters anywhere.

I do enjoy how easily it seems liverpool supporters get under the skins of other supporters.

poster in the match day thread brings up how annoyed he was at us being excited and chanting about being top of the league with 3-4 games remaining in the year.

He's also irritated at how happy we were after knocking off one of the two title contenders in a huge boost for our top 4 chances.

There's another post complaining about us wondering about how good a young player who's just scored three ridiculous goals in a three week period can be and using comments made by someone playing in an entirely different country to back that up.

A few posters crack the absolute shits whenever a supporter says something that slightly disagrees with their perspective (think you can all guess who I mean)

There's currently a thread going around designed to do nothing but mock a legend of the club.

another poster complained about our fans when a post game analysis was posted as if it was some sort of example of fans going over the top.

The scouse commentary vids that were posted after any negative result (albeit being pretty funny)

I have pretty much stopped going in any other soccer/football thread because of the way so many are, and get away with it. Just stick to this thread, the Liverppol family is all you need lol

I have pretty much stopped going in any other soccer/football thread because of the way so many are, and get away with it. Just stick to this thread, the Liverppol family is all you need lol
I don't think I've ever posted on the main soccer board. This thread is probably my most active, BF wide.

I go into the gameday thread when games are live (not when Liverpool play), seems to be pretty much talk on the games being played which is good but other than that i dont bother.

There's plenty of good posters on the main board unfortunately they're not the ones posting 24/7.

Back on topic. Anyone know why our pitch is so shithouse? Bit embarrassing really.

who's this poster?

There's plenty of good posters on the main board unfortunately they're not the ones posting 24/7.

Back on topic. Anyone know why our pitch is so shithouse? Bit embarrassing really.

yeah i noted with interest how bad our pitch was. they couldve painted the brown bits at least

I like the discussion about Henderson. He showed it last season against Tottenham how good he can be when he isn't playing second fiddle to Gerrard in midfield, and he's showing it again now. It's an exciting future ahead for Jordan.

The issue with Gerrard is that he is still such a big presence on the field, he really dictates the style & tempo of whatever side he's playing in. Depending on what kind of day he's having that can be a good or a bad thing. However, those good days have been few and far between this season and not having Gerrard in the side means that Henderson no longer has to do the running for 2 players, this has really freed him up to put his own stamp on the side. Whereas Gerrard often prefers to bypass the midfield and split defences with long diagonal passes, Henderson likes to shuttle the ball forward with quick, short passes into feet before moving on into space which I think suits the rest of our team a lot more and makes us a better side.

Personally I'd prefer us to use Gerrard as a sub once he returns, I feel our midfield has been lacking run when he's started. I think it will suit the team and gerrard himself coming on in the second half with fresh legs and a want to impact the game. Obviously he will start some games due to rotation and the fact it's stevie G, but I think this power sub role will suit him.

I'm a little disappointed he doesn't want to hang around longer and play that super sub role, would have loved him to embrace a role like this, but don't blame him for believing in his ability and am not surprised he wants to play full games somewhere. It's this belief/confidence that has made him such a great player after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back