The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd prefer us to use Gerrard as a sub once he returns, I feel our midfield has been lacking run when he's started. I think it will suit the team and gerrard himself coming on in the second half with fresh legs and a want to impact the game. Obviously he will start some games due to rotation and the fact it's stevie G, but I think this power sub role will suit him.

I'm a little disappointed he doesn't want to hang around longer and play that super sub role, would have loved him to embrace a role like this, but don't blame him for believing in his ability and am not surprised he wants to play full games somewhere. It's this belief/confidence that has made him such a great player after all.
This. A lot of this. I really wish he would embrace the super sub. It would give us a hell of a weapon off the bench for the next couple of seasons. Shame.

Personally I'd prefer us to use Gerrard as a sub once he returns, I feel our midfield has been lacking run when he's started. I think it will suit the team and gerrard himself coming on in the second half with fresh legs and a want to impact the game. Obviously he will start some games due to rotation and the fact it's stevie G, but I think this power sub role will suit him.

I'm a little disappointed he doesn't want to hang around longer and play that super sub role, would have loved him to embrace a role like this, but don't blame him for believing in his ability and am not surprised he wants to play full games somewhere. It's this belief/confidence that has made him such a great player after all.

Brendan doesn't have the balls to do it. For some reason he can't make gutsy calls re Gerrard.

haha I remember that Sturridge look, maybe he was thinking he walked off too quickly and was looking at the players still embracing, that's what I thought at the time.

so Gerrard testimonial will have some pretty juicy names. Gerrard to captain a side, Carra to captain a side.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/181195-anfield-to-host-all-star-charity-match

Anfield to host all star charity match

Gerrard will take on the role of captain for one team, while Carragher will take on the same role for the other All-Star side. Managers and the final line-up of each All-Star team will be announced in the coming weeks.

Player recruitment is well underway, and players confirmed include Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Xabi Alonso, Thierry Henry, John Terry and Didier Drogba, to name a few.

Current Reds first-team players who are not on international duty will also play some part, as well as some of the Academy's brightest stars, plus the club's backroom staff will also be on hand to offer support.

I suppose it'll be after the manc game

As a 'Straylian (albeit to English parents) I'm interested to know what others feel about rivalries we have with other clubs. I for one don't dislike Everton even though I am suppose to. I love the Merseyside derbys for what they are (contest, build up etc) but there is no hatred towards them. I f*cking hate, hate, hate Chelsea and Man U (even though best mates are fans of them) and am not too fussed about Arsenal (my bro is a Gunners fan) so grew up watching a bit of them. Man City evoke no emotion in me although I LOVE it when we beat them.

I absolutely love this club (my gf thinks I'm a bit crazy) but wonder if other fans have similar views that probably aren't the norm'

As a 'Straylian (albeit to English parents) I'm interested to know what others feel about rivalries we have with other clubs. I for one don't dislike Everton even though I am suppose to. I love the Merseyside derbys for what they are (contest, build up etc) but there is no hatred towards them. I f*cking hate, hate, hate Chelsea and Man U (even though best mates are fans of them) and am not too fussed about Arsenal (my bro is a Gunners fan) so grew up watching a bit of them. Man City evoke no emotion in me although I LOVE it when we beat them.

I absolutely love this club (my gf thinks I'm a bit crazy) but wonder if other fans have similar views that probably aren't the norm'

Detest ManUre, Chavski and Spuds, in that order.

I nothing Everton. They are just not a threat and never will be.

Of the current top 4 i'd always prefer Man City to win the title.

Have too many Gooner mates to ever wish them well!

Manchester United above all are the campaigneriest of campaigners ever put on this earth. I detest them and everything about them. I HATE THEM.

Then comes Everton. The little brother. I dont hate them like United, but I sure looooove beating them, just because of how much they hate us and hate being the little insignificant brother haha.

Then comes Chelsea. I hate Chelsea. Everything about the club is gross. Plastic flags and shit campaigners like Terry and Mourinho and all the russian dirty money.

Outside of those three I have no real ill feelings towards anyone else. I do enjoy beating City though.

yeah mancs and chelsea are terrible but everton are merseyside brothers. if they're all in europe you're only going to support one.

yeah mancs and chelsea are terrible but everton are merseyside brothers. if they're all in europe you're only going to support one.

If they are all in Europe and we aren't the only thing I will be supporting is the return of the black plague to hopefully wipe them out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man U and Chelsea are pretty close to on par for me these days, probably thanks Jose and last years game. Really hate the way they**** play aswell

Hate Manure. More the fans I think these days, I don't think there's a worse bunch in world sport. When they're winning they are everywhere and like to throw shit all day, yet when its the other way around they can't handle it or disappear. You had more chance of finding a Tassie Tiger than a United fan when it was us and City last year. Our fanbase can talk a fair amount of smack but at least when we were shit in recent years we were still about over rating everyone and pretending Charlie Adam was good.

Chelski I don't much care for but they still seem to be a bit of a nothing club. Especially in Australia most fans I know don't take following them really serious.

Everton is more like an Australia-NZ thing to me. They hate us a lot more than we hate them but I enjoy beating them none the less.

Hate spuds these days too, used to not mind them.

Hate United. Their record in the modern era is exemplary. Rooney and De Gea have kept them in the 4 thruout and thats annoyed me moreso.
Chelsi never liked and level of hatred is peaking again particularly when Jose is and was at the helm. Mother****er
City have no hatred or dislike for other than they are rich. But we have developed a nice rivalry over the past few years..
Everton will never be a threat but love to win because its the derby.
Tottenham cant stand because they think they belong in the top 4 fight.
Arsenal are just annoying. Not title challengers. But always finish top 4.
Southampton I used to not mind but the longer they hang around the top 4 spots the more annoying they become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back