Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.
TWO bloody England games in between our Man United and Arsenal games:

March 22 - vs Manchester United
March 27 - England vs Lithuania
March 31 - England vs Italy
April 4 - vs Arsenal

oh sweet. 180 useless minutes for Henderson I'm sure. I pray it wont be too bad overall. wait, shit, Roy is going to thrash Sturridge. Super Mario will have to take us to top 4.

You've generally played full strength teams in cup games this year. We've done the same and have also looked disinterested. I wonder if senior players really care about the cups as much as the fans, or maybe it's just a case of lots of games catching up on them.

Personally I'd rather play kids to freshen things up in cups.

Pretty much sums up cup football this season. The only time we've had a real go was against Chelsea in the semi finals if the league cup. Suspect we'll start taking it seriously if we qualify for the semi finals.

Yup.
TWO bloody England games in between our Man United and Arsenal games:

March 22 - vs Manchester United
March 27 - England vs Lithuania
March 31 - England vs Italy
April 4 - vs Arsenal

I hope Sturridge tells Hodgson to fk off as he's still recovering from injury. :D

International break is still a few weeks away plus it's not exactly a break because most of our players will be off playing for their countries.
Yeah I realised shortly after posting that I had the international break mixed up. Thought it was now, but it's not for another two weeks. You're with most players heading off and playing though. Some guys wont though like Gerrard and im not sure what the youth fixtures are so some guys like Markovic, Ibe, Moreno, Manquillo etc may not head off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say we've had a very lucky draw so far. If we can't beat the teams left in the comp now we don't deserve it (obviously).

Blackburn is the danger game I reckon, need to start Balo or Lambert and go route 1 to goal. As someone else mentioned isn't that why we bought Lambert?

I'd say we've had a very lucky draw so far. If we can't beat the teams left in the comp now we don't deserve it (obviously).

Blackburn is the danger game I reckon, need to start Balo or Lambert and go route 1 to goal. As someone else mentioned isn't that why we bought Lambert?
Why would we abandon everything we do as a football club to go route 1?

Just why??

You boggle my mind.

We might have an upturn in form after the long break and make short work of Blackburn.
I quite understand the fatigue factor Brendan was talking about. Young players like Moreno, Emre Can, Coutinho etc have played a ridiculous amount of games lately, and need a bit of a break.

Why would we abandon everything we do as a football club to go route 1?

Just why??

You boggle my mind.

Because clearly we haven't found a way to defeat teams who park the bus. Starting them was tongue in cheek but why wouldn't you bring Lambert on to play the role he was bought for in a cup tie?

Playing pretty football doesn't get you points, goals do (e.g. Chelsea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back