The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Firmino was no longer a Liverpool player. We don't have a say on what players do after they leave us.

That makes literally 0 sense given your main criticism of Hendo is based on politics so to say the same doesn’t apply to firminho is complete double standards

It’s ok to criticise him for where he’s choosing to go but then criticise everyone doing the same for that .

That makes literally 0 sense given your main criticism of Hendo is based on politics so to say the same doesn’t apply to firminho is complete double standards

It’s ok to criticise him for where he’s choosing to go but then criticise everyone doing the same for that .

What a bizarre thing to post. Firmino isn't a Liverpool player anymore. Not withstanding that he also isn't out there promoting LGBQT rights. To compare the two is just downright bizarre.

Should all ex Liverpool players check with the Liverpool fan base first before signing any deal at a new club?

So your problem with Hendo is hypocrisy. As long as one never advocates for LGBQT rights, everything is cream cheese.

Wrong again. I just don't expect us as fans to have a say on what former players do with their careers after they leave us. Tbh it's ridiculous to expect them to do as such. I don't think any player, be it Ronaldo or Firmino, should be playing in Saudi. As far as this thread goes my only concern is current Liverpool players.

Wrong again. I just don't expect us as fans to have a say on what former players do with their careers after they leave us. Tbh it's ridiculous to expect them to do as such. I don't think any player, be it Ronaldo or Firmino, should be playing in Saudi. As far as this thread goes my only concern is current Liverpool players.

So in a week Hendo won't be a problem.

Some of the crap around Hendo is a massive overreaction. For 700k a week I'd do nasty things so I do not blame him in the slightest looking for a last pay day- especially when he would be coming off the bench in most games this season.

Some of the crap around Hendo is a massive overreaction. For 700k a week I'd do nasty things so I do not blame him in the slightest looking for a last pay day- especially when he would be coming off the bench in most games this season.

Spot on

Henderson is 33 and given 11 years loyal service to the club, 7 as captain. He doesn't owe us anything, he's earned the right to decide what his next step in his career is.

His time as a professional is running out, if he's got the chance to earn a massive pay deal as a golden parachute to retirement do we really blame him here? It's more money than he would earn with us, so good luck to him and thanks for the memories Jordan.

Sure do what you want. Just don't pretend to care for a cause when clearly it's a superficial play for good PR and more money, even if less I doubt he'd be struggling to pay the bills.

People talking about how much money it is, he has a guarantee of a decent amount, more than most people make at Liverpool next season and I'm sure he could have played in less pieces of shit countries for a few more years on good money.

I'd personally like more money but if Westboro Baptist came and offered me four times my wages I'm fairly comfortable in saying no and I'm on a lot less than most professional footballers. It's not like their options are work for Saudis or be homeless.

Don't think much better of SG, RF and Bobby either but I do put them as slightly less grubby because at least they were unemployed and hadn't been pretending to care for causes they clearly didn't as much as Hendo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on

Henderson is 33 and given 11 years loyal service to the club, 7 as captain. He doesn't owe us anything, he's earned the right to decide what his next step in his career is.

His time as a professional is running out, if he's got the chance to earn a massive pay deal as a golden parachute to retirement do we really blame him here? It's more money than he would earn with us, so good luck to him and thanks for the memories Jordan.
This is not about LFC it’s about rich guys taking heavily tainted money

Yeah it seems like one rule for one person and different rules for everyone else.
Yes that is how things work when different people take different actions, publicly represent different things. Henderson's selling out is a more personal betrayal of values. Of course the club itself is willingly taking the money and so are other players. The whole thing is rotten.

Whatever you think of Henderson's decision, him leaving does us a favour. He was really struggling to impact last season and due to his standing at the club it was difficult to use him off the bench. We were almost obligated to play him.

Must replace him though

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back