The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone actually think we will sign any news players that are actually in our starting side?
Nope. We have left it too late. No club will release players when they have no time to find a replacement themselves.

Best bet is to target players with buy out clauses.

That being said. FSG will pocket the 70 million we make or whatever it is. And then next year only give us 20 million to spend on transfers saying that they don't have any money. After they quietly pocket the rest.

Nope. We have left it too late. No club will release players when they have no time to find a replacement themselves.

Best bet is to target players with buy out clauses.

That being said. FSG will pocket the 70 million we make or whatever it is. And then next year only give us 20 million to spend on transfers saying that they don't have any money. After they quietly pocket the rest.
It's pretty sad that we haven't got a big name... if we are going to challenge the likes of Man City we have to recruit and get better, as there only getting stronger..
We have made all this money in selling players and not able to bring in players is pathetic 😒

RIP Sven Goran Eriksson, lifelong Liverpool fan.

His finest hour was taking charge of Man City and reminding us all what they were just before the oil money rolled in.

Mo has gone off he freaking head multiple times over the years and he is still there.
Yeah but the difference now is it isnt Klopp in charge. Klopp's man management is perfection. He will still make tough calls, bring players off, results driven, but after the game you know he goes and says the right thing and smooth's everything over.

I feel like Slot is just like, you did this wrong, so I took you off. Suck it up. Haha

When you're vice captain and 12 months left in your contract with no sign of re-signing, that isn't a good look

Good win though, I love boring routine wins, can't beat a good 2-0. The passing was great to watch, still teething issues but hopefully we can get better. Shame that they aren't backed in the market, but it is what it is
I feel we've been a bit lucky with our opening opponents, we havent gotten Slot's style across as well as I'd like us to at this point. We would have dropped points against better sides. I'd say United will be a tougher test this weekend but let's be honest, they are kinda on the same level as Brentford.

If he has one eye on Real Madrid. He will need to be careful what he wishes for. I tip that he will go the route of very good players, who go to La Liga and struggle to carry that form over. And then find themselves bouncing between mid tier teams across Europe.

Some players are a product of a certain system, and tactical set up. We get the best out of him with us. He has been up and down with England. And will likely get more exposed in Spain that has some very good players with pace and dribbling ability.
Let's not get it twisted, if he leaves and goes to Real he will dominate. Spain is easy, it's just Real Madrid and kinda Barca at the moment. He will win everything and dish out like a 1000 assists to Bellingham, Vini Jr and Mbappe.

He's a generational talent, he isnt good just cos of our system.

Having said all that, if he leaves, boy oh boy, he wont be welcome back in Liverpool that's for sure. It's a big risk for him to leave when coming home he will be hated. That mural will probably get painted over real quick.

I would be shocked if it wasn't planned. We saw it last week as well that once we went 2 up Slot swapped Trent for Bradley. Slot would have done his due diligence and seen that overuse of players led to injuries and falling off the cliff late in the season. When there is a very capable backup in Bradley then it would be foolish to not use him.
Think Trent might be thinking, why has Robbo played full 90 both times with Tsimikas on the bench, why is it me he's taking off.

I also heard Slot during the week say he doesnt want long balls all the time and Liverpool try it to much under Klopp and lose possession. TAA was trying long balls during the game and I wouldnt be surprised if Slot took him off cos of that reason.

Then it gets murky cos dont change the way TAA plays, he's elite and big reason to why we succeed.

I dont know, things would be more comfortable if TAA just signed a new deal. Right now with the tension between player and manager and just 10 months to go on his contract, you think he's gone, which would be absolutely crazy.

Last edited:
I mean we do need a RW backup.... kinda. Mo is a Terminator and plays every minute and then Elliott, Dom and even Doak can play there.

Liverpool buying a GK when we dont need one at all and then trying to get RW when I reckon that's third on the list of needed positions behind a DM and CB.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be kind of conflicted if Trent leaves and most Liverpool fans give him the Michael Owen treatment. Look at his resume already: hasn't he done enough?

I want him to stay and we should have had a contract in front of him already, but we won literally everything during his time at Liverpool. Some people are very hard to please and perhaps just prefer to be angry about something.

I will be kind of conflicted if Trent leaves and most Liverpool fans give him the Michael Owen treatment. Look at his resume already: hasn't he done enough?

I want him to stay and we should have had a contract in front of him already, but we won literally everything during his time at Liverpool. Some people are very hard to please and perhaps just prefer to be angry about something.
But on the other hand. **** Real Madrid.

But on the other hand. **** Real Madrid.

I'm on the record - I don't understand the impulse to go to Real. I fully understand the impulse to beat Real. Trent would have 3 UCL medals if not for those guys, so he wants to join them? As Klopp said to Coutinho, Trent goes to Real he's just another player.

But TAA is pretty much exactly the age Gerrard was when Chelsea really turned his head. Gerrard would have won trophies at Chelsea, but he would have eventually bounced to other clubs and been just another great player. Instead he is venerated at Anfield (he even coached Rangers and nobody on Merseyside cares), and that is on offer to Trent if he stays.

Having said all that, I won't hate him if he leaves. Just like I don't hate Owen.

Assuming Chiesa's going to Barca, but even so, another wide player isn't really what we need right now, center forward would be better
Jota, Nunez and Danns are fine for strikers.

Salah doesn't have a proper backup. Doak and Gordon will go on loan.

It's not that. It's that he's a scouser. I'm obviously Australian, but over there, he is one of them. He grew up a mad Liverpool fan. He's living the dream for all of us. We all grew up mad Liverpool fans and now he's playing for them and winning trophies, he's doing it for all of us.

For him to then turn around and be like, well I'm off to Real Madrid, the team that beat us twice in CL finals. Bye.

Nah bro.

TAA is cursed as much as Steven Gerrard was yet Trent should consider himself lucky as he has won everything and there is still a big chance to continue to stuff the trophy cabinet whereas Gerrard had to play with Igor Biscan and Diouf.

If he leaves, they will hate him in Liverpool and I dare say they will never forgive him. So much like Michael Owen, you throw your legacy away and end up not being loved by anyone.

He'd want to think about it before he leaves haha.

As of now it doesn't look like Slot rates Darwin all that much, and Danns isn't ready. Jota's a walking injury waiting to happen

If Slot doesn't rate Darwin I reckon selling him and bringing in Chiesa would be a shrewd move if Edwards & co rate him.

Chiesa only has 12 months on his contract left, isn't signing a new deal & Juve definitely don't want to lose him for free. I reckon we can nab him for around 25-30m with a bit of wheeling & dealing by Edwards & co. Someone like PSG would probably jump at signing Darwin, he could have a field day in Ligue 1 and they've just lost Mbappe. Would expect to get 50-60m for Darwin minimum.

Chiesa isn't a CF but is able to play the false 9 role quite well and would make a great backup / alternative to Jota. Competition / cover for Diaz/Mo also. Danns would be the 3rd option at CF.

I can see the logic behind Chiesa but only if we were to sell either Darwin or Diaz.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back