The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont think we're waiting for him to arrive, more like wanting him to not be here yet but needing the deal done now.

We have Ali already and Kelleher. Mamardashvili is a weird future signing?!

One of Ali and Kelleher ain't around next season. And I think it's a shot across the bow to Alisson - be available for more games this season. He missed a lot of games last season for a keeper.

The article the other day about Alisson sounds promising, But I've got no idea how Kelleher is still here, should be a No.1 somewhere. Mamardashvili is too good to be a No.2 as well. Jaros could potentially be a No.2.

The article the other day about Alisson sounds promising, But I've got no idea how Kelleher is still here, should be a No.1 somewhere. Mamardashvili is too good to be a No.2 as well. Jaros could potentially be a No.2.
Yeah and this is a fair old slap in the face for Kelleher, basically don't ever see you as number 1.

It's bizarre all around.

We've basically bought a No.1 whilst already having the best GK in the world.

What that says to Alisson? No idea what he must be thinking.

Kelleher knows he's behind Ali anyways and he knows Mamardashvili is a No.1 so he probably doesnt care either way.

He wont be here this season anyways, it's next year where things will get awkward.

Dont love this.

I think it would be excellent for his development, a season of first team football in the Bundesliga after a horror run with injuries.

It does not make sense though if we aren't signing another mid. Our only options would be Endo & Grav in that position which just isn't enough with CL & cup games.

I think it would be excellent for his development, a season of first team football in the Bundesliga after a horror run with injuries.

Austrian Bundesliga. Salzburg not Leipzig. He'll be with Pep Lijnders who you would expect will treat him right knowing how bad his body has been over the last 2 years.

Austrian Bundesliga. Salzburg not Leipzig. He'll be with Pep Lijnders who you would expect will treat him right knowing how bad his body has been over the last 2 years.

Still a good thing for him at his age under Pep. He needs to rebuild confidence in his body, needs regular first team football. I can't think of a better option as the club knows Pep well.

Yeah and this is a fair old slap in the face for Kelleher, basically don't ever see you as number 1.

That aspect of this deal isn't great. Kelleher must know he is leaving in 12 months time and that isn't ideal motivation wise.

If our future is Mamardashvilli as #1 from either 26 or 27 IMO we should promote Jaros to #2 and sell Kelleher now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's better for Baj to play regularly at a CL club then sitting on the bench here
Probably right but he's also handy depth when the injuries come! What's our midfield depth chart looking like now? By my count we have six senior central midfielders: Mac Allister, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai, Wataro, Jones & Elliot. Next cabs off that rank were Bajcetic and Morton who both look out the door. By minutes played last year Clark was next. Gone. We have two extra Champions League games before Christmas this season too, no? Very concerning stuff! Meanwhile Hughes is playing 4D chess signing a #1 goalkeeper and loaning him out when we have two perfectly cromulent goalkeepers with good age profiles.

Probably right but he's also handy depth when the injuries come! What's our midfield depth chart looking like now? By my count we have six senior central midfielders: Mac Allister, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai, Wataro, Jones & Elliot. Next cabs off that rank were Bajcetic and Morton who both look out the door. By minutes played last year Clark was next. Gone. We have two extra Champions League games before Christmas this season too, no? Very concerning stuff! Meanwhile Hughes is playing 4D chess signing a #1 goalkeeper and loaning him out when we have two perfectly cromulent goalkeepers with good age profiles.
If Morton, Bajcetic and McConnell get loaned out. Nyoni, Corness and Balagizi are next in line after the 6 mids you mentioned.

Perhaps the loans can be recalled if injuries strike.

Usually can be, especially over January, but often it’s done because they aren’t playing at their loan club.

He played 1 game for us last year so I get it, but it feels we are at least one quality mid and another depth mid short. Milner still going strong, we should get him back!

Usually can be, especially over January, but often it’s done because they aren’t playing at their loan club.

He played 1 game for us last year so I get it, but it feels we are at least one quality mid and another depth mid short. Milner still going strong, we should get him back!
I feel the same however in Arne we trust.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back