The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk of a new VVD deal being agreed!

Not sure I agree with him getting a salary bump though.

Also 300k wouldn't be the highest paid player, that would be Mo on 350k / week.

I would have thought a new deal would be on the same terms he is on now (220k / week). Perhaps the new deal is heavily incentivized towards appearances and team performance which would be smart at his age.

Mamardashvili started in Georgia's 1-0 loss to Ukraine.
Quansah and Morton started in England U21's 2-1 win vs Ukraine.
Nunez started in Uruguay's 1-0 loss to Peru.

Salah scores in Egypt's 2-0 win vs Mauritania.
View attachment 2024-10-12 16-04-08.mp4

Gakpo with an assist, VVD a red card and Gravenberch started in 10 man Netherlands' 1-1 draw vs Szoboszlai's Hungary.
View attachment 2024-10-12 16-09-26.mp4

Mamardashvili started in Georgia's 1-0 loss to Ukraine.
Quansah and Morton started in England U21's 2-1 win vs Ukraine.
Nunez started in Uruguay's 1-0 loss to Peru.

Salah scores in Egypt's 2-0 win vs Mauritania.
View attachment 2139191

Gakpo with an assist, VVD a red card and Gravenberch started in 10 man Netherlands' 1-1 draw vs Szoboszlai's Hungary.
View attachment 2139195
I thought Darwin was banned from internationals atm…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robertson and Doak started in Scotland's 2-1 loss to Croatia.
Jota made a sub appearance in Portugal's 3-1 win vs Poland.
Bradley started (and captained) Northern Ireland in their 0-0 draw with Belarus.
Nallo made a sub appearance in England U19's 4-1 win vs Netherlands.
Keyrol Figueroa started in USA U19's 4-1 win vs Sweden.

Pitaluga wins a pen shootout on debut for Livingston.
View attachment 2024-10-13 10-26-27.mp4

Last edited:
Did his ACL recovery not go well? It's usually about 6 to 9 months before they can play again. He's only just turned 33 so not too old to keep going for a couple more seasons. Maybe he's not in love with the game. He retired from international football in 2015.
Yeah I thought for sure he'd sign for someone. As you said a standard ACL would have meant a return right about now. As for int duty retirement, I think he had an argument with his national team coach and didn't want to return.

Did his ACL recovery not go well? It's usually about 6 to 9 months before they can play again. He's only just turned 33 so not too old to keep going for a couple more seasons. Maybe he's not in love with the game. He retired from international football in 2015.

He's completing his ACL rehab with us and would be on the final straight now (happened in Dec 2023). Maybe he has decided his body isn't up to it anymore as he suffered persistent soft tissue injuries over his 8 years with us.

Wouldn't look too much into the international stuff. He had a falling out with the Cameroonian FA after they insisted he play some internationals despite being injured.

Matip refused a callup for 2017 AFCON in January - in response Cameroon's FA prevented him from playing for Liverpool at the time (international FAs have the final say on player callups, any retirements are gentleman's agreements only).

Tsimikas made a sub appearance in Greece's 2-0 win vs Kelleher's Ireland.
Nyoni started and Pinnington made a sub appearance in England U18's 3-1 win vs Ukraine.
Mamardashvili started in Georgia's 1-0 loss to Albania.

Alexander-Arnold scored in England's 3-1 win vs Finland.
View attachment 2024-10-14 16-33-19.mp4

Last edited:
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back