The biggest single issue affecting our society

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be easier to build a bridge to PNG and then a road from there to the Indonesian side of the island.

My suggestion, (after we complete the NBN) would be to have a national railway network, all of the same guage. From Cairns to Melbourne, from Sydney to Perth, Perth to Port Hedland - and as many places as possible in between. Cut transport costs and defeat the trynnany of distance.
No one would regularly use it though as the distances in Australia are too big. Everyone would still fly and we would be left with this massive massive bill.

I would ensure everyone has a basic understanding of economics and ethics. I necessity in a system where everyone gets a vote. Make it mandatory in schools and force everyone who wants to vote to take a basic non graded course.

Most of what people are posting here involve taking away human free will. Nothing is worth taking away human free will.

No one would regularly use it though as the distances in Australia are too big. Everyone would still fly and we would be left with this massive massive bill.

I meant for freight not passengers. We shift so much stuff by truck, if we can migrate long haul freight traffic to rail it would be much more efficient and economical.

The seeds were sown last century? Do you know much about human history. It has been non stop war.

Who's history? In this country there was relitive peace for thousands of years, you obviously don't know our history.
I would ensure everyone has a basic understanding of economics and ethics. I necessity in a system where everyone gets a vote. Make it mandatory in schools and force everyone who wants to vote to take a basic non graded course.

Most of what people are posting here involve taking away human free will. Nothing is worth taking away human free will.

human rights are a luxury of a tolerant, peacefull, affluent and compassionate society and not something that you strive for,introduce or legislate. A peacefull, tolerant, affluent and compassionate society is what you should always strive for and then and only then will human rights become a reality.

Who's history? In this country there was relitive peace for thousands of years, you obviously don't know our history.
Um you were talking about seeds being sown last century. Pretty sure we have been here for well over 200 years. The aboriginals were also no more peaceful than any other civilisations.
human rights are a luxury of a tolerant, peacefull, affluent and compassionate society and not something that you strive for,introduce or legislate. A peacefull, tolerant, affluent and compassionate society is what you should always strive for and then and only then will human rights become a reality.

I've got no idea how any of this is a response to what I said. I'm assuming you accidently quoted what I said for some reason. But anyway to respond to your post, objective human rights don't really exist in the sense that every human is bestowed a set of divine rights, whether the society is affluent or not. Human rights are made up and based on ethical views of the world. I don't believe anything can be a human right if it requires someone else to provide resources for it without anything in return. Therefore I disagree with your point, human rights don't require an affluent society, because if they did, they wouldn't be human rights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that whilst we continually talk about building a better future our actions say we only care about now.

That and hypocrites like Dick Smith

Reallity is a large proportion of the population only acre a bout "then"and how we can all be dragged back in time to when they felt the least impotent.
Abbott wishing us back to Howarsd Golden era for one.
The Dog ****ers, curs, flea of a man.

It is kinda annoying me how many boats are coming these day, and with people who are jumping through perfectly good safe countries to make their last trip to the Welfare state that is Australia. They have clearly done their researching in shopping for a new country and are looking for the best deal, not a "free life of persecution" which so many of them bang on about. There are so many war free countries between us and them which they travel through that they could migrate to! JMO

It is kinda annoying me how many boats are coming these day, and with people who are jumping through perfectly good safe countries to make their last trip to the Welfare state that is Australia. They have clearly done their researching in shopping for a new country and are looking for the best deal, not a "free life of persecution" which so many of them bang on about. There are so many war free countries between us and them which they travel through that they could migrate to! JMO

So if you could change one thing about society, you would stop a thousand or so refugees (and the odd economic migrant) coming to Australia by boat?

War, genocide, child poverty, a cure for cancer etc not even register?

War seems to be coming out as a strong contender, however, is war the key issue in itself or the symptom of other major issues eg; greed?

Greed also comes up as the basis for a lot of the other issues mentioned as well, maybe we eliminate greed and most of this world's issues disappear.

No idea how that is done though.

End the class war the rich have been waging on us since the late 60's, and start taxing the bastards appropriately.

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest single issue affecting our society

Remove this Banner Ad

Back