Opinion The Bont 2025 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure this is the right move but if it works and others step up in the midfield he can be an outstanding play maker off half back. At sometime it is a real possibility but is 2025 to soon. The pros and cons.

Pros

I am sure he would be outstanding in this role as the general like a Luke Hodge.
He had a very good 2024 but had a number quieter games to go with some sublime games.
We could use more speed in the midfield and Libba can only play that position.
It would increase his longevity and he would not get as banged up as in playing the midfield.
We may be a better team for the move.

Cons

We just could not to afford to lose his brilliance from the midfield.
The Bont being a proud man would not agree to the move.
Probably would end his Brownlow hopes given it is a midfielders award
We may be a worse team for the move.

Thoughts

About 3 years way too early for this.

There’s no debate. You don’t move the best player in the competition from the place that the best player in the competition plays his best football.

You can debate he is the best player in the game. He was no doubt up to this year, but I do not think he was this year even though he won the most valuable play award. He had some outstanding games some good to very good games and few so/so games like Friday night.

A move is probably to early, but I do not think it should not be considered by Bevo if it is better for the team. Having said that if the Bont does not want to consider it end of story because he has earned the right. You never know having even suggested a move may spur him to even an enhanced greatness.

What we need to do is set us up for top 4 early so we can manage our older players better coming to the end of season and finals.

one of our worst performers in the final so hope it burns for him over the off-season and he comes out even better and stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The Bont 2025 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back