The Boredom Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, although McCullum looked set for a big one, smashed Panesar for a 100 meter 6 (should he have got bonus? :p) and then 2 balls later tried to smash another one and just edged it straight to slip :(

Jimmy's actually swinging it a bit, I'm sitting frozen with shock in front of the TV :D

Your posts about Katich have kept me laughing all day by the way, I could picture you doing this watching him bat:

onoz_omg2.gif

And because of Ponting, I thought I had a chance at $150, but no! Boston had to go and f***ing lose on their home court! :mad:

McCullum can pick on the weak bowlers and look like the greatest batsman on earth. Monty bowled that ball in the slot, he smashed it over deep mid-wicket, yes it went miles, I'd rather see him playing shots like the cut shot for four the previous ball, he then looked shaky trying to defend the 3rd ball of the over, which Bell saved at silly point, then two balls later, he was out, to an excellent Paul Collingwood catch.

Personally, I think McCullum is a good batsman, but on too many occasions, he tries something very silly... it may have come off in the first test, when he hit 90 at better than a run a ball, but went out in the 90's on that occasion.

As for Jimmy Anderson, yeah can swing the ball, that's been his best asset since his debut for England, but what happens when the conditions don't suit him, he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, he's an extremely average bowler.

As for Simon Katich, well, I've never rated him and never well, I was actually begging Fidel Edwards to get him out first ball, and then when the ball fell short of the keeper, I wasn't happy, he's had so many chances, 35+ test matches, his average is mid-thirties, not good enough at all, yes, he made 1519 runs, but why pick him, we're playing a 9th rate West Indies side, why not give Shaun Marsh or Dave Hussey a crack at International Cricket.

As for the NBA and the Celtics losing on their own court, serves you right for not betting on LeBron. (even if Cleveland didn't play)

Because everyone goes on about him being the best batsman from '99 onwards. Sif. Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara do exist.

Plus he's a Tasmanian (lol, geodiscriminatory)

Lara was average towards the end of his career, still had amazing stats, but wasn't at all the batsman we've all come to know and love.

Sachin had a very bad run for two-three years when he suffered from countless arm/elbow injuries, he had quite some time out of the game, and still doesn't perform as regularly as he used to.

Brian Lara made 34 hundreds, and averaged 52.89 (in 131 tests, 232 innings)
Sachin Tendulkar has made 39 hundreds at an average of 55.31 (in 147 tests, 238 innings)
Ricky Ponting has made 35 hundreds at an average of 59.13 (in 117 tests, 194 innings).

Ponting has already passed Lara (both on centuries made and average, in less games mind you) and if he continues on in his current form, and plays the amount of cricket that Sachin has played, he'll almost certaintly surpass Sachin on centuries made, also has him covered average wise.

Ricky Ponting

1999: 11 matches, 17 innings, 3*, 3 50's, 4 100's, H/S of 197, 883 runs @ 63.07
2000: 5m, 7i, 2*, 1 50, 1 100, H/S of 141*, 318 runs @ 63.60
2001: 14m, 24i, 4*, 4 50's, 2 100's, H/S of 157*, 772 runs @ 38.60
2002: 11m, 16i, 1*, 2 50's, 5 100's, H/S of 154, 1064 runs @ 70.93
2003: 11m, 18i, 3*, 4 50's, 6 100's, H/S of 257, 1503 runs @ 100.20
2004: 10m, 19i, 2*, 5 50's, 0 100's, H/S of 98, 697 runs @ 41.00
2005: 15m, 28i, 5*, 6 50's, 6 100's, H/S of 207, 1544 runs @ 67.13
2006: 10m, 18i, 3*, 4 50's, 7 100's, H/S of 196, 1333 runs @ 88.87
2007: 4m, 6i, 1*, 2 50's, 0 100's, H/S of 56, 192 runs @ 38.40
2008: 4m, 6i, 0*, 1 50, 2 100's, H/S of 158, 419 runs @ 69.83

EDIT: Stuff it, I cant be bothered..

Sachin: http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerYears.asp?PlayerID=1735

Brian: http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerYears.asp?PlayerID=0979

Lara was average towards the end of his career, still had amazing stats, but wasn't at all the batsman we've all come to know and love.

Sachin had a very bad run for two-three years when he suffered from countless arm/elbow injuries, he had quite some time out of the game, and still doesn't perform as regularly as he used to.

Brian Lara made 34 hundreds, and averaged 52.89 (in 131 tests, 232 innings)
Sachin Tendulkar has made 39 hundreds at an average of 55.31 (in 147 tests, 238 innings)
Ricky Ponting has made 35 hundreds at an average of 59.13 (in 117 tests, 194 innings).

Ponting has already passed Lara (both on centuries made and average, in less games mind you) and if he continues on in his current form, and plays the amount of cricket that Sachin has played, he'll almost certaintly surpass Sachin on centuries made, also has him covered average wise.
Stats don't work for me, really.

What if you see a piece of shit, but it has a diamon hidden inside? Statistically, its still a piece of shit. It's how they play that I look at. Never got the feeling of awe that I got from watching Satchin and Brain (no, its not a typo) play from watching Ponting. Each to their own, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all that matters to me is Carlton beat Collingwood hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhaha Carlton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>collingwood
Only supporters of the teams that have beaten Geelong may post in here from now on...

Unless you go for Sydney, your name is Rick18, or you are the great Dribble Sissy.

Mods, please ban all who break this rule.

Only supporters of the teams that have beaten Geelong may post in here from now on...

Unless you go for Sydney, your name is Rick18, or you are the great Dribble Sissy.

Mods, please ban all who break this rule.
Can i post here Nerf?

The Roos did beat them early last year. :D

Ummmmm .... nah :p

*sighhh*

Finee, I can take one more guest for the weekend. Who was your best last night ? :D

(Sounds like I'm pimping, lol)
Too many to choose from...

Didak... Travisaurus... Marty Clarke... Daisy... Pendles... Green Eggs & Wellingham... Medders... Well basically anyone.

Too many to choose from...

Didak... Travisaurus... Marty Clarke... Daisy... Pendles... Green Eggs & Wellingham... Medders... Well basically anyone.
I'll choose Medders, because at least he used to be hot ;]

..and you'll have a fallback if he doesn't make AA. What an honour :D

Todays game was breathtaking. Much easier to watch now I know that we were going to win. Absolute ripper - one of the few best games I've seen since the '06 SF against West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back