The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brad Ebert Part 2

With the strong rumor that balme is heading to port to take over rohdes role its rather ironic that they would even approach balme about it.

Maybe Balme is filling 2 roles at the moment and they got mixed up!? :)

theres a difference between trying to get the best possible deal and insulting someone by offering far less than he is worth, even though you can easily afford more.

thats what makes port such pricks in this situation. i mean, if you didnt have pick 27, and 33 was the best you could offer, it would make sense. but port are just being douchebags. it indicates that they wouldnt even be willing to offer what ebo was actually worth if they did have it.

as i say, i would send him to the PSD if 33 was all we could get. that way, if you want him, you have to pay for him to get through to your pick.

Why do you care? you support Unlisted.

Who turns down Geelong? Thats like saying "Get out of the bed Jennifer Hawkins, Ive got Magda Szbunaski coming up in a few minutes"

Yeah, but in this case you have family connections with Magda and ... wait, bad example :p

Has any club in trade history ever bitched this hard about 5 draft positions? No they have not

I agree, the bitching from West Coast supporters over those 5 draft positions has been ridiculous.

zero said:
if port supporters thought it was "fractionally overs" and west coast supporters thought it was "fractionally unders" then that would be the sweet spot.

Most Port supporters do think it's fractionally overs. Most West Coast supporters do think it's fractionally unders (although their voices are being overwhelmed by a loud minority).

Coledinho said:
In real life if I go to Woolies there is a price tag and I pay that price

Footballers don't have an exact price-tag. Stupid analogy.

Coledinho said:
For Port Adelaide he is a top 10 best 22 player

Hartlett, Gray, Boak, Butcher, Pearce, Schulz, Butcher, Cassisi, Rodan, Trengove, Westhoff, Chaplin, Surjan (if he gets fit) > Ebert, with more than a few others who you could argue either way for.

Coledinho said:
who slots straight into the midfield 3 rotation

Gray, Boak, Cassisi, Rodan all better centre square midfielders. Hartlett, Pearce and Westhoff (at least in Port's long-kicking, pack-marking gameplan) are better wingers. If we get Ebert he'll probably be coming in off of the bench.

Re: Brad Ebert

I don't think the Eagles supporters are that bad. They're just wanting to get good compensation.

Think back to this time two years ago. This stuff is a walk in the park compared to the Burgoyne/Hawks saga.

I really must learn to keep my thoughts to myself. :eek:

Exactly, and port still come out ahead in what is a shallow draft.
Its already been confirmed that the best team in the comp think he is worth more than that to them.

But yeah port are a great club to trade with :cool:

Love it how everyone just believes rumor. was actually confirmed that geelong never spoke to him mate.:thumbsu:

Are you thick? How can you seriously not have grasped the situation after 1000+ posts on the topic already :eek:

Brad Ebert and Port Adelaide are inextricably linked. 7 players on both his paternal and maternal side fought over 1200 games for Port Adelaide, including 4 time Magarey Medallist, 3 time premiership captain Russell Ebert. His father, his grandfather, and his great grandfather all played for the Port Adelaide Football Club. That is some ridiculous, unrivaled heritage.

This is bigger than West Coast, this is bigger than South Australia; this is a Port Adelaide thing.

ps. you're a twat

Yes we all know Ebert name is big in Port Adelaide. BUt its Port Adelaide Magpies where the name means something not Port Power. So for stop tarnishing a proud history of Port Adelaide Magpies in SANFL with the mediocre history of Port Power. 2 different bloody teams

Yes we all know Ebert name is big in Port Adelaide. BUt its Port Adelaide Magpies where the name means something not Port Power. So for stop tarnishing a proud history of Port Adelaide Magpies in SANFL with the mediocre history of Port Power. 2 different bloody teams

It's the same club you twat.

So now that Hill has agreed to cross to WC, maybe that becomes the final piece of this puzzle.

Port get Ebert
WC get Hill + 33
WB get ??? (45 + 51 maybe)

Bulldogs should be over the moon if they get one of those pics for Hill, let alone both. Our 3rd rounder (63) would have been enough I thought.

I'm a little disappointed that after rejecting any of Port's fringe players (Pettigrew, Motlop etc) we're now apparently getting Hill as part of the deal. But so be it I guess.

I gotta say, after 2 threads of shitfights between the two sets of supporters, FiveStrings has been one of the best posters overall. I posted stuff on the WC board and he will let my opinions be heard (as it should) even in these hard times for both clubs.

Respect to FiveStrings.

Now WC, take pick 33 or **** off ;)

I gotta say, after 2 threads of shitfights between the two sets of supporters, FiveStrings has been one of the best posters overall. I posted stuff on the WC board and he will let my opinions be heard (as it should) even in these hard times for both clubs.

Respect to FiveStrings.

Now WC, take pick 33 or **** off ;)

Tell your poor club to give us a decent deal or **** off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Port want Ebert they are going to have to up the ante just like the Dorkers will have to if they want Clark. I reckon they both will.

It is amazing just how stupid this post is. Well done on reaching the lowest point in a thread full of them!

It is amazing just how stupid this post is. Well done on reaching the lowest point in a thread full of them!

If Gunston is worth 24 + 2 pick upgrades.

Then Ebert is worth 28 min.

Collingwood and Hawks both had no reservations trading these picks, so why are Port having a sad over pick 33? I hope West Coast are demanding picks 28 + 33.

If Gunston is worth 24 + 2 pick upgrades.

Then Ebert is worth 28 min.

Collingwood and Hawks both had no reservations trading these picks, so why are Port having a sad over pick 33? I hope West Coast are demanding picks 28 + 33.

Because we are pissed that you held a gun to Phil Walsh's head and demanded he stayed with you, when he was pretty much coming back to us.

We have every right to play hard ball, give us Walsh and we will re-consider our trade.

ps, I'm Peter Rohde

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brad Ebert Story, feat. WC, Port and WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back