The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just enjoying a fair bump that the swannies had there knickers in a twist over, wasn't aware he did his knee i don't take enjoyment from things like that but thanks for assuming my view on things.

Hannebery has not been the same since that incident. That essentially ended his career.

Also no one but Western Bulldogs fans think it was not a free kick.

Not as incredible as +919 over the last decade or so.

Not a SINGLE year where you didn't win the freekick differential.

View attachment 649896

Skewed pretty heavily by having possibly the greatest midfield ever assembled from '05-'07. Cox also drew a shitload of frees.

Adam Selwood and Ashton hams ducked a shitload (well, Hams was also a midget) so that also skews it. Shuey was also doing it a few years ago but not even close to the level of Scott Selwood.

After that we corralled a shitload instead of tackling so that makes it difficult to give away frees.

Hometown advantage also helps but that happens for every team except for Freo apparently but when you play an ugly, rolling maul type of gameplan you're prone to giving away a shitload of frees, hence Sydney anchored at the bottom for so long.

Anything else?

Nothing new, as much as I dislike Sydney, I’ve never seen a team screwed over in a GF like them.

To be honest I am still angry about it. The Swans did not play well, but if it wasn't for the umpires we could have won, it would have been very very tight.

The league were embarrassed to the point that then-acting AFL general manager of football operations Mark Evans rang Sydney chief executive Andrew Ireland on the Tuesday after the match to apologise for the umpires costing the Swans four goals. The winning margin blew out late to 22 points after the Bulldogs kicked the final two goals in time on of the final quarter.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/dd26db5f59740617c8e4847d13e5294b

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what it is to be honest. A lot of the frees are there. It's the iffy 50-50 ones that get people riled up then they start getting into a frenzy about every non call or soft call against. For some reason we tend to win a few more of those per game on average.

Maclean and Hunter milk the odd head high free which are technically there but probably shouldn't be paid.

The AFL as a whole seem to get away with throws/dropping the ball most games.

Dogs will get 35 frees and Danger, Duckwood and Gaz will get that number between them.

Geelong supporters will still whinge about the holy trinity not getting enough protection from umpires while Bulldogs supporters continue to defend their free kick count suggesting their players are very disciplined and always first to the ball.

For 3 years now, I'm staggered week in, week out, at the highly irregular free kick count toward the Bulldogs.

It's extraordinary.

Granted, my title was a bit sensationalist - however it's surely not merely a coincidence.

It's been happening at bizarre, and dare I say unprecedented levels since Beveridge took over.

It's like when a mate works out a video game before you do, and they kick your arse every time cause they've nutted the secret.

So what is it that the Dogs are doing so differently to everyone else? Is it technique? Do they understand the rules better than everyone else?
Didnt you stop watching football?

Christ - West Coast +900 over 16 years. Multiple players, coaches, strategies, form-lines over that time period. I thought maybe a symptom of the 'house of pain' cauldron, but the same statistics don't apply to Fremantle?

Has to be the Hungry Jacks mafia threatening to kill umpires wives and children

It would’ve been nice if you could’ve called for the Royal commission about halfway through the second quarter of last week....

23DE7107-57CA-4E57-B49A-5D2003EF0239.jpeg

:sick::sick::sick:

That whole finals series saw the Bulldogs win the free kicks every week and they even won the free kick count against West Coast in Perth which speaks volumes.
I was at that Perth game and that was probably the least biased effort from the umps for the Bullies that finals series, we were just f##king woeful.

Sometimes, It's how ever way you want to look at it...

Hawks fans cried foul (they always do anyway!) after the 2016 SF yet atleast 5-10 times a quarter Hawks players got away with dropping the ball, but they ignore that and only take notice when the opposition does it.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back