Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way, the international conference held by an organisation called Law in Sport has named one of its seminars:

“Anti-Doping – What is the future of anti-doping following the IAAF and Essendon Scandals?"

Panel members include WADA, CAS and lawyers from US Track and Field. The Chairman of the Panel is Sean Cottrell.

This issue is not going away.

Its becoming an international embarrassment for CAS, WADA and ASADA.

This is complete BS.
Fair to say the case against most convicted by WADA is stronger than the EFC34...

"Their just a little guilty, its still good, its still good"

3 highly qualified, highly experienced judges who are trained and appointed by WADA to hear cases for WADA and have been proven biased to WADA in the German courts.

I've read the CAS findings sheet. It's actually disgraceful.

lol, if only they had taken into account the 'Good Aussie blokes you can have a beer with' defence.

Compounded TB4, sent onsite to Windy Hill, players signing consent forms for Thymosin, Dank mentioning TB4 in an interview not being aware TB4 was banned, texts about TB4 being the cornerstone of the program, all records of the program mysteriously destroyed etc

Unless you actually had video evidence of the injections going into each player, I am not sure what more proof you can have.

If the AFL used the same burden of proof as they did on Essendon in other world drug cases, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones and the Russian track and field team wouldn't of been found guilty.

lol, if only they had taken into account the 'Good Aussie blokes you can have a beer with' defence.

Compounded TB4, sent onsite to Windy Hill, players signing consent forms for Thymosin, Dank mentioning TB4 in an interview not being aware TB4 was banned, texts about TB4 being the cornerstone of the program, all records of the program mysteriously destroyed etc

Unless you actually had video evidence of the injections going into each player, I am not sure what more proof you can have.

If the AFL used the same burden of proof as they did on Essendon in other world drug cases, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones and the Russian track and field team wouldn't of been found guilty.
Wouldn't have...

*sorry, it irks me! :D

The AFL Tribunal comprising Australian judges had applied Australian law in finding the players innocent.

Let me get this right, this is just an application for an appeal which then has to be approved before an appeal in even heard and it still costs $500,000.

So the application will be lodged, sit at the bottom of the pile and then be looked at just when the bans are coming to an end, wow money well spent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, the international conference held by an organisation called Law in Sport has named one of its seminars:

“Anti-Doping – What is the future of anti-doping following the IAAF and Essendon Scandals?"

Panel members include WADA, CAS and lawyers from US Track and Field. The Chairman of the Panel is Sean Cottrell.

This issue is not going away.

Its becoming an international embarrassment for CAS, WADA and ASADA.

next topic at the conference:

Governance - Creating a culture of accountability and transparency

Check you facts.

There was no evidence that TB4 made it into Australia, let alone to the Compounding Chemist, or the Club.

The AFL Tribunal comprising Australian judges had applied Australian law in finding the players innocent.

Let me get this right, this is just an application for an appeal which then has to be approved before an appeal in even heard and it still costs $500,000.

So the application will be lodged, sit at the bottom of the pile and then be looked at just when the bans are coming to an end, wow money well spent.
They might let the players keep playing in the interim. I think that's the aim, plus it may be a strategy to limit efc exposure to damages by a bit.

The 500 k is a retainer if they say fu when they make the initial application they only burn some of the money

Check you facts.

There was no evidence that TB4 made it into Australia, let alone to the Compounding Chemist, or the Club.

No just a product shipped from Como Pharmacy that an expert said he was 99% sure was TB4 based on the molecular weight of the substance, tested by Bio21 a division of Uni of Melbourne, Australia highest ranked university.

In a hearing conducted using the 2010 AFL anti -doping code as was the AFL tribunal.

Check you facts.

You really need to check your facts. Afl tribunal decision overturned. Both panels applied afl anti doping code. Players guilty.

They might let the players keep playing in the interim. I think that's the aim, plus it may be a strategy to limit efc exposure to damages by a bit.

The 500 k is a retainer if they say fu when they make the initial application they only burn some of the money
Players won't play.

Check you facts.

Nonsense, Bruce! Again!

The players own expert agreed that the compounded material WAS 98 - 99% TB4.

Why do insist on spreading material that you know and I know and everybody else knows to be completely untrue? What do you hope to achieve apart from looking like a complete fool?

Insisting on spreading comments like when you know it to be absolutely false reduces any shred of credibility to zero

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back