Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that somehow WADA or ASADA go after Demetriou, Fitzpatrick, and the rest that tried to sweep it under the carpet.

They neither athletes or support staff of athletes. they administrators as such not subject to WADA code.

With the players being found guilty the code was applied... so unless WADA or ASADA wants to try and find the AFL non compliant which wont happen these guys are safe.

yeah this could very well happen and would be a disgrace, ever a time the AFL should stand up for no drugs in sport is now

bad luck Jobe, oh yeah but he is a nice guy, not one player has come forward with the truth have they?
Well they would be taking his brownlow, which is taking a stand. They don't need to award it to someone else

Well they would be taking his brownlow, which is taking a stand. They don't need to award it to someone else

This I agree with, just make it null and void for 2012 like they did with Armstrong in the Tour De France.

They neither athletes or support staff of athletes. they administrators as such not subject to WADA code.

With the players being found guilty the code was applied... so unless WADA or ASADA wants to try and find the AFL non compliant which wont happen these guys are safe.

You're right. Which is unfortunate.

I'll keep praying for lightning to strike them.

I am shocked to be sitting here
article-2464168-18CD09A800000578-289_634x566.jpg

Fondue.

As expensive as feck and nothing but cheese...

Do not like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Watson gets stripped of the brownlow, I'm tipping that no one will get it. Similar to the Melbourne Storms situation where no one was awarded the premiership
The Brownlow Medal is meant to be awarded to the Best and Fairest player in a season. Why should 2012 be any different?

Ah, thanks the Lord thats over. Cheats. Officially. Forever.

Couldn't give a rats about Jobe's brownlow. Its as tainted as the Chernobyl GPO and if he wants to keep it, let him. As a reminder of what he did.

Mitchell and Cotchin might care.

If Watson gets stripped of the brownlow, I'm tipping that no one will get it. Similar to the Melbourne Storms situation where no one was awarded the premiership

Drug cheats at the Olympics stripped of their medals see the competitors they beat advance one spot in the rankings. An Australian walker received a gold medal for the London Games after the walker he lost to was stripped of the medal for doping. There should be no difference here, but Gillon will get all weak kneed and not make a decision.

Always going to lose the appeal. WADA is European law no English law.
English law - innocent until proven guilty.
European law - guilty until you can prove you're innocent.

Judge: What were in the injections?
Player: I don't know.

This I agree with, just make it null and void for 2012 like they did with Armstrong in the Tour De France.

Jared Tallent shouldn't have got a gold medal then? AFL should have higher standards than UCI.

Clean players win, drug cheat loses I have no problem with that. Cotchin and Mitchell did not taint the medal.

Always going to lose the appeal. WADA is European law no English law.
English law - innocent until proven guilty.
European law - guilty until you can prove you're innocent.

Judge: What were in the injections?
Player: I don't know.

European law is still innocent until proven guilty, just not a adversarial trial system, does not reverse onus of proof!.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back