Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2012 tour was riddled with drugs. Why are Mitchell and Cotchin undeserving of the medal given that they played out the season without an unfair advantage?
Because to be totally fair they would have to go back and annul all of Watsons votes round by round and re do all the votes. The games he got votes in need to be re-voted on

Because to be totally fair they would have to go back and annul all of Watsons votes round by round and re do all the votes. The games he got votes in need to be re-voted on
Do they do that with players who get suspended during the year?

They'd have to redo every Essendon game by that standard, which is silly. Give it to Cotchin and Mitchell. Should be like Tallent's medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cue1iOhUIAA56L4.jpg

No AFL.com.au also has a copy they contacted the court who lifted the embargo.

So he's safe.

Anyway suspect it be the leakor not leakee who be in contempt for breaking the embargo.
Well if that is the case then have at it:
Cue1iOhUIAA56L4.jpg

Always going to lose the appeal. WADA is European law no English law.
English law - innocent until proven guilty.
European law - guilty until you can prove you're innocent.

Judge: What were in the injections?
Player: I don't know.

Where TF did you get that one from? Bruce Francis?

"European Law" is a broad term.

But the principle difference, where it does occur, is that "European Law" charges the judiciary to seek the truth.

Whereas English Law is a bare knuckle fistfight between lawyers where the judge is the referee.

If I believed myself to be innocent I know where I'd like to be.

Last edited:
It was a failure of prosecution, not judgment.

ASADA presented a poor case that was rightly thrown out. The tribunal did their job.

WADA took the same evidence and presented a much more appropriate case and succeeded.

The "links in a chain" stuff was never going to hold up. "Strands in a cable" did.

Jones, Nixon and Henwood could only judge the case put in front of them, that was their job.

Its hard to get a guilty verdict when innocence was preordained.

Maybe in future we need to have an emergency vote recorded and held in reserve, in case this sorry situation occurs again.
But then, what if the emergency vote getter is found to be a drug cheat?
Geez Louise!

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back