The Changing Mentality of the Tiger Supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2004
In a house
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Storm, Victory
Over the past 4 years, I think TW and the RFC have finally changed the way most of our supporters think.

All you have to do is read any post on our board at the moment regarding a delisted player from another club and you will see what i am talking about.

In previous years we'd have at least 75% of people saying 'Yes' to the quick fix of recruiting another clubs garbage. This year though, i am satisfied to say that most of the responses to these posts are a very firm "no" with "draft young kids" being the main reason.

The change in attitude has taken time, but i think our supporters have finally acknowledged that the club is on the right track and realise that looking for the quick fix hasn't worked in the past.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I must have been on a different forum the past 4 years, this forum has always said to draft kids and not pick up other teams rejects.

If your refering to "poaching" other teams players, IMO it depends on the player and what we have to give up, I wouldnt be ruling it out if the right price was made.

The club should always consider "poaching" decent players that become available and should never look at fringe players who have been discarded by other clubs. (which is what we have been guilty of in the past).

i have no expectations of the RFC. just a mad, warbling blind faith that we will somehow trip over a premiership. ive been burnt too many times, and im only 24 years old. i look like hans moleman due to my following of this club, a withered crusty old peanut.

Over the past 4 years, I think TW and the RFC have finally changed the way most of our supporters think.

All you have to do is read any post on our board at the moment regarding a delisted player from another club and you will see what i am talking about.

In previous years we'd have at least 75% of people saying 'Yes' to the quick fix of recruiting another clubs garbage. This year though, i am satisfied to say that most of the responses to these posts are a very firm "no" with "draft young kids" being the main reason.

The change in attitude has taken time, but i think our supporters have finally acknowledged that the club is on the right track and realise that looking for the quick fix hasn't worked in the past.

I don't think its Terry Wallace to be honest but Danny Frawley who by recycling such players as Ben Marsh, Luke Weller, Simon Fletcher, Tim Fleming, Adam Houlihan, Clinton King, Rory Hilton, Billy Nicholls, Paul Hudson, Shane Morrison, Craig Biddiscombe (was that his) forced us into avoiding this approach at all costs as a quick fix.

A bit like my father's approach to avoiding smoking when he made me smoke a whole packet of cigarettes at one sitting when catching me out one day as a 10 year old (cough cough).

Fair observation CB7 ...:thumbsu:

terry hasn't changed our supporters culture. it has been seeing what frawley has done to our list and seeing terry trying to do the same has drawn an outcry from the supporters.

terry wanted to go down the recycled players path last year and this year but was prevented this year by a change in recruiting personel

stick with youth tigers:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

terry hasn't changed our supporters culture. it has been seeing what frawley has done to our list and seeing terry trying to do the same has drawn an outcry from the supporters.

not sure there are too many parallels with our list today and the complexion of it in the last days of Frawley...let me remind you of the best two youngster back then..

Ty Zantuck
Arron Fiora

cant even recall if we had any teenagers on the list....is poles apart today

not sure there are too many parallels with our list today and the complexion of it in the last days of Frawley...let me remind you of the best two youngster back then..

Ty Zantuck
Arron Fiora

cant even recall if we had any teenagers on the list....is poles apart today

Fifi or Fiona to his friends, was a retaliation for Sziller!!

Whahahahahahahahaha.

I love watching Fiona lining up for a shot at goal.

I disagree with that.

I think TW has done a hell of a lot to change the culture and mentality of this club and its supporters. From day dot he said it would take 5 years before this club was right back on track and so far he has been spot on.

I rely on results to judge a football team, so Terry's changed nothing for me.
We haven't won a flag under him.
TW hasn't changed me just because you're happy to speculate on the future.
I think you should just speak for yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thread. What we have done in the past 4 years is to stick to a strategy. Regardless of what the President has said, who has been sacked, what sponsors are on board, whoever is up for trade, we have simply stuck to a strategy. Look at all succesful corporations and businesses and they have stuck to a strategy, stuck to their core business (unlike Collingwood and their hotel businesses) and have realised success. No matter who whinges and complains they cannot fault TW and the football department to sticking it out and not changing strategies.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Changing Mentality of the Tiger Supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back