The Chosen Few - AFL Coaches Doco (9.30pm Ch 7Vic/SA/Perth, 10.30pm 7Mate NSW/Qld)

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt for the poor guy who asked Clarko "how important is it to finish top 2". If that's indicative of the medias knowledge of football then something needs to change.

If you follow football, and especially if you're in the media reporting on the game, you should know how important top 2 is and how stupid it is to ask that of a coach. It is no fault of the clubs that some of the journos reporting on the game don't even have a seemingly basic understanding of how it works. Perhaps they could let them in and give them a little more in-depth insight, but before they do, I think many in the media need to demonstrate that they have the ability to show a little more intellect than you see in the usual line of questioning.

If a journo can't come up with anything better than asking how important top 2 is, the blame for their poor, ill-informed journalism falls purely on themselves.

Thought Bucks was great.

Chris Scott was the one guy who seemed like he might struggle with it all if Geelong ever has a down patch.

Simpson came across well also.

The section regarding Essendon and ASADA looked be heavily edited. In particular Frawley's thoughts.

Agree with other comments that Sando was completely out of his depth and uninspiring.

Did find a new liking for Ross Lyon - always perceived him to be as boring as batshit and suspected he'd be a grade A prick.

Seems to have a great sense of humour and a good personality.

Glad to hear! If more people looked at all of his media interviews and freo website interviews from the moment he came to Freo, they would see the right view of him. He is measured, stern, yet finds humour in things. Doesn't suffer stupidity and fools. If you only read about him "backstabbing" another head coach, and the staunch way he had to present himself in the appointment presser, and made up your mind from those 2 facts (plus, leaving saints stupidly perceived as dog act) - well those opinions since uninformed are irrelevant.

Glad to hear! If more people looked at all of his media interviews and freo website interviews from the moment he came to Freo, they would see the right view of him. He is measured, stern, yet finds humour in things. Doesn't suffer stupidity and fools. If you only read about him "backstabbing" another head coach, and the staunch way he had to present himself in the appointment presser, and made up your mind from those 2 facts (plus, leaving saints stupidly perceived as dog act) - well those opinions since uninformed are irrelevant.
OK Kirsten.

I said on our board, I've had concerns over SANDO for almost two years - last night reinforced my belief that we made the right decision.
I didn't think he was that bad.
And it will only be the right decision to sack him if the next bloke takes your further with this same list. But Sando has the best winning % of any Crows coach and took you to a kick of a GF in his first year. Again, he didn't seem that bad, at least from the outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The DVD release is being released on Monday guys (with hopefully deleted scenes/unaired footage) ..

Remove this Banner Ad

The Chosen Few - AFL Coaches Doco (9.30pm Ch 7Vic/SA/Perth, 10.30pm 7Mate NSW/Qld)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back