Coach The Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah Bolts had some pretty good traits, especially for young developing players. Probably can't look too critically at his time at Carlton, cos well, many a coach has struggled there the last couple decades.

If he had good support around him, could be good.

Yeah Bolts had some pretty good traits, especially for young developing players. Probably can't look too critically at his time at Carlton, cos well, many a coach has struggled there the last couple decades.

If he had good support around him, could be good.
100% agree.
He'll be better for that experience at Blues.

I reckon Brendan Bolton with Zane Littlejohn as one of the assistant coaches.

Bolts would be a great foundation coach however they should/will look at putting a harder more senior figure alongside him. I think he went too far with the nurturing and positive messaging and that ultimately led to his downfall. He will have learnt plenty since then and would be much improved.

Maybe Bolts and Buckley would be a great team.

I'm not overly "enthused" by the thought of Buckley coaching the Devils..... Longmire on the other hand, where do I sign?
The guy is super smart and has a great footy brain but my concern is does he have the capabilities to build a team from scratch.

Buckley would be an amazing coach. Like Scott Roth I think he is a culture setter type, no wonder the rat pack are so mad at him. Bolton I think his assistant. I dont know about Brendon Bolton as your foundation coach, it seems very risky.

Buckley has the media presence, knows what it takes to be a professional football player and set high standards. His coaching record is pretty good, a lot better than most and infinitely better than Bolton's as head coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t follow the mistake of Suns and appoint a Guy McKenna type. Aim high and get someone with proven success as a coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back