The Collingwood 'never travels' myth...

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, I was going through the Robbo live blog replay and read this old gem from a shleb poster:

I'm seriously over this idea, that Collingwood travels less than everyone else.

2010:

Collingwood - 4 trips
Geelong - 5 trips (MORE than cancelled out by their 'interstate' advantage at Skilled people seem to forget about)
St.Kilda - 4 trips
Bulldogs - 5 trips (2 sold so actually only 3)
Hawthorn - 3 (7 with Aurora home games)
Carlton - 5 trips
Essendon - 3 trips
Richmond - 4 trips

This is all forgetting the fact that we have one of the BEST interstate records of any Victorian side, so giving us more insterstae games would only BENEFIT us.

All this forgetting that you can only play a maximum of SIX interstate games per year (unless you sell games). So we still play 4/6 which is the same as most and MORE than a few. And this is the same every year.

Imagine if we had Geelong's advantage and we coupld play Vic Park 6-8 times per year?

Seriously, it's bullshit this whole draw thing, and gets on my nerves more than any other topic related to Collingwood.

edit: Sorry Cats, 5 for Geelong.

the saint travel more than that a i think a few of the others are out as well

We play 11 home games (2 at Etihad funnily enough) just like everyone else, the rest are away games. Not our fault all the other Melbourne clubs want to get a home game against us to boost their coffers.

We will end up playing all intestate sides at their home grounds twice. Thats 12 games gone, leaving 10. Guess where the other 10 games would be played if the other team has it as a home game????? THE MCG> lol

What's going on at Magpie land??

You sitting pretty on top yet you're worried about some one saying that you hardly travel.

Who cares.

2010 Premiers in the record books is all that will matter in the future.

This.

It's just like the ol' Collingwood supporters are uneducated, have no money, line up at Centrelink etc.

Haters gonna hate.

I've been working for DSS/Centrelink for 22 years, and its amazing the comments you hear from "inside the loop". It's also amazing how few Collingwood jerseys you see on the other side of the counter in comparison to the other "popular" clubs. (It's also fun when I work nightshift and the Police want to know whay I'm hanging around outside a CBD building in the middle of the night - me: I'm on lunch, I work for Centrelink. 20yr old Constable - yeah sure you do, turn out your pockets/one long breath into this etc etc)

Smokey

Remove this Banner Ad

The Collingwood 'never travels' myth...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back