The Congratulate Poort Power On Their Improvement Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some as the sub, some off the half forward flank and then dropped for the finals.

Trengove butchered it again today, way over rated. Loved Chaplins interview at half time stating you needed to be cleaner coming out of defence just after he ****ed up.

Elite Crow said:
Trengove butchered it again today, way over rated

He didn't butcher it, he just had nobody to kick to. Neither did any of the rest of our defenders.

Watch the Essendon and Sydney games from this year for proof that he's a good kick when the lazy pricks in the midfield bother to give him an option.

Close the thread, this a lie, no improvement, except improvement in the form of having Brad Ebert and John McCarthy in the side

Don't worry, after a year of Minibus and co telling em how to play football they will be real Port players just like the rest of their team mates.

Lets hope they brought with them DVDs of WCE and Collingwood training sessions to maintain their ability.

When you were posting the Crows hadn't improved:p

So he hit a Freo player on the chest at half time? He must be a spud :p

Geoffa32 said:
And yet Talia's DE% is 71% and Trengoves is 70%.

And yet Jarrad Redden's DE is 79% and Johncock's is 73%, Sloane's is 71%, Thompson's, Porplyzia's and van Berlo's are 68%, Dangerfield's is 64%, etc.

Come on Geoffa, you're better than using DE as evidence of anything. That stat is so flawed in so many ways and relies on so many variables outside of the actual kicking ability of the player that it's not even worth going into.

Drakescoffeecake said:
Think he was either kicking in from a behind

If you're thinking of the one that Stephen Hill marked, that was Carlile. If you're not, I have no memory of what you're talking about.

Drakescoffeecake said:
You two can debate that

Already have done. Most agreed with me.

So he hit a Freo player on the chest at half time? He must be a spud :p

And yet Jarrad Redden's DE is 79% and Johncock's is 73%, Sloane's is 71%, Thompson's, Porplyzia's and van Berlo's are 68%, Dangerfield's is 64%, etc.

Come on Geoffa, you're better than using DE as evidence of anything. That stat is so flawed in so many ways and relies on so many variables outside of the actual kicking ability of the player that it's not even worth going into.

Talia and Trengove pretty much play the exact same role.

Anyway Talia was poor last year and in a few games early this year, but is improving.

The DE% stat suggests that they are on par, and watching both teams play I would agree when it comes to disposal.

Hackson seems to get worse. Unless of course those lazy pricks up field keep moving to spots Hackson aint kicking it to. And that dam boundary line keeps moving too.

Trengove is stronger and more experienced as a defender. But under Milburn Talia is improving quite a bit. Still remember him getting manhandled against Cloke in the MMC. Held his ground and spolied Pods well yesterday.

This reminds me, when is Pittard due back. His kickouts from defence are always good to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geoffa32 said:
Talia and Trengove pretty much play the exact same role.

Talia has a team of fit, hard-running Crowbots spreading for him, Trengove has a midfield of lazy, unfit embarrassments standing on the spot with their fingers up their arse (Brad Ebert and to a lesser extent John McCarthy excluded). Plus Trengove actually tries to create (unlike Carlile, Chappy and Logan who prefer to play kick to kick with each other), whereas just about every time I've seen Talia dispose of the ball he's been playing it safe. The fact that Talia isn't well ahead of Trengove considering the outside circumstances is an indictment on him. Somebody who plays it safe as much as Talia does should be at least up around 80% where Carlile and Chaplin are.

Talia has a team of fit, hard-running Crowbots spreading for him, Trengove has a midfield of lazy, unfit embarrassments standing on the spot with their fingers up their arse (Brad Ebert and to a lesser extent John McCarthy excluded). Plus Trengove actually tries to create (unlike Carlile, Chappy and Logan who prefer to play kick to kick with each other), whereas just about every time I've seen Talia dispose of the ball he's been playing it safe. The fact that Talia isn't well ahead of Trengove considering the outside circumstances is an indictment on him. Somebody who plays it safe as much as Talia does should be at least up around 80% where Carlile and Chaplin are.

GP, Talia should be ahead of Trengove? Seriously, one is a VC at the club the other is in the infancy of his career and if it wasn't for losing Bock and Davis would be developing in the SANFL. I have no issue with Talia playing it safe as long as he competes and stops the opposition scoring.

Hopefully not so much that Vlad feels sorry for you and gives you a decent priority pick, let's hope you beat the Roos.

The only way we will beat the Roos is if the umpires cheat for us like they have for them over the last 15 years when we've played them.

Gotta hand it to you Geoffa. 21 easily trollable targets and you pick the one guy who put in a good showing. Keep aiming high, it makes it interesting.

^^nice theory, even though they lost by less away to collingwood and essendon, and also less against sydney and adelaide.

Gotta hand it to you Geoffa. 21 easily trollable targets and you pick the one guy who put in a good showing. Keep aiming high, it makes it interesting.

You'd think that after all the obsessive Port threads he he made here, Geoffa would eventually get the hang of this 'trolling' business.

Oh well :eek:

We also played a lot better against those teams. Freo were shit today, a good team would've beaten you.

im pretty sure he meant port wouldve beebn smashed if playing a 'contender', not freo... which is why i said u (port) had been competitive against 'contenders' so his dig at freo was unfounded.

but anyway, maybe interpreted it wrong, its the internet.

The Congratulate Poort Power On Their Improvement Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back