Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff's nailed this on the head about Jack, yes his marking has improved ten fold this year but the amount of times he's gone and spoiled a ball when he was no chance at marking it has been phenomenal this year. Something he wasn't doing previous seasons.
Delete plz

Darling is in ripping form he is tearing games apart, just tore rance a new one. Cant wait to see him tear frawley to shreds

Gaff's nailed this on the head about Jack, yes his marking has improved ten fold this year but the amount of times he's gone and spoiled a ball when he was no chance at marking it has been phenomenal this year. Something he wasn't doing previous seasons.
Say it again bro!

Allrighty

Been converting friends at my house on gameday on how good Darling is. And people that haven't seen much footy this year, think I'm full of kaka and then stare at disbelief at his performances, "is this the same guy, is this real life?"

He is tearing teams to shreds. I haven't seen this dominant a forward in 20 years since.... a criminally under-rated Tredrea, at his peak in a 2-3 year span, obliterating teams as a Power Forward.

Buddy comes close but not in a Power Forward way, more in freak ability, run etc...

I am absolutely speechless. If you were picking a forward right now in your team, it's Darling in a heartbeat.

If you were picking any player in the AFL right now for your team, and it's not because I'm one eyed, throw a blanket over Nic Nat, Yeo and Darling. Honourable mention to Gaff. But those 3 are the top 3 players across the AFL this year.

how many people (too many WCE supporters as well) should be eating their words right now.

this guy has had so much unwarranted crap said about him and he is giving them all a great big **** you at the moment.

what an incredible game today and his form is amazing.

long live the king.

Well, to be fair, he has been pretty average up until this year, hasn't he? Also, what's changed this year because typically the issue has been whenever JK and Darling are in the same team things never work out as well as when it's just one or the other. Something has changed this year whereby having them both in the team is better than one or the other and I'm not sure why that is?

I honestly think his mindset is clear and he is in a good frame of mind, a really happy place.

He is a father now, his son is healthy and he doesn't have those stresses of his birth and complications clouding his mind.

I think he gets it now and he is playing with absolute freedom and becoming the player his potential always said he could be

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I honestly think his mindset is clear and he is in a good frame of mind, a really happy place.

He is a father now, his son is healthy and he doesn't have those stresses of his birth and complications clouding his mind.

I think he gets it now and he is playing with absolute freedom and becoming the player his potential always said he could be

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Definitely.

We all knew he had the talent to reach this level. So glad people are taking notice.

Jono Brown, Carey, Tredrea like. Dominant AF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, to be fair, he has been pretty average up until this year, hasn't he? Also, what's changed this year because typically the issue has been whenever JK and Darling are in the same team things never work out as well as when it's just one or the other. Something has changed this year whereby having them both in the team is better than one or the other and I'm not sure why that is?

Nah. The point about Darling getting unwarranted crap, by definition, means that it wasn’t fair. Clearly he’s been incredible this year and that’s a huge improvement, but he wasn’t ever “pretty average”. A few very visible howlers had biased a lot of people’s opinions and they made all of their subjective judgments around that minority of memorable (for the wrong reasons) moments.

He’s clunking marks .....his technique has improved

His set shot routine looks far more relaxed ...he doesn’t doubt himself anymore

Nah. The point about Darling getting unwarranted crap, by definition, means that it wasn’t fair. Clearly he’s been incredible this year and that’s a huge improvement, but he wasn’t ever “pretty average”. A few very visible howlers had biased a lot of people’s opinions and they made all of their subjective judgments around that minority of memorable (for the wrong reasons) moments.

EXACTLY.

Darling has been a great contributor for years, multiple 40+ goal seasons (4 i think and 39 another year).
so glad he is in a purple patch and i hope it continues for another 5 years as he hits his peak age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back