Media The Dark Side of Qooty Fandom: Exploring the Cult of JoshWoodenSpoon

Remove this Banner Ad

JWS Magazine.png

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Qooty fans of all ages! We are gathered here today to celebrate a legend among us, the one and only JoshWoodenSpoon. Can you believe it? He's reached his 200th SFA game, and what a journey it has been!

From his humble beginnings as a painter man, beating the devil out of his brush, to rising up the ranks as Captain of the Las Vegas Bears, winning the beez trophy twice, and being selected for the All-SFA team multiple times, JWS has been a force to be reckoned with.

Sure, there were some bumps along the way. Some rumours of sabotage, blackmail, and performance-enhancing drugs. And we can't forget that time he tried to turn bigfooty into
Spoonhub Black Background.png

But hey, who among us hasn't had a bad day or two?

JWS may have been a bit of a media mogul, always looking for the next big scandal or controversy, but you can't deny his passion for the game. And that's why we're here today, to honour him for his dedication and commitment to the sport we all love.

So let's raise a brunchy toast to JoshWoodenSpoon, the Lance Armstrong of the SFA (the pre-drugs version), the man who never gave up, even when the going got tough. Here's to another 200 games, JWS! And may your paintings be as happy as the accidents you create on the Qooty field. Cheers!

Stats.png

In celebration of Joshy's 200th Game, lets take some time to reflect and ponder over these JWSisms.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

"Ohhhhh heck yeah ROAD TRIP. Great way to get away from the stresses of the modern qootball profession. If you need me, I'll be at the back of the bus. Gonna squeeze some freaky stuff out of a cactus and really experience some things. Someone set an alarm."
m1.gif

"Haha I occasionally trawl through my past creations and genuinely question my cosmic purpose.
Then I see this GIF and all is right in the world."

m2.gif

"MULTI PRONGED COSMIC FORCE"
m3.gif

Josh represents some of the best things in Sweet and Vegas - creativity, colour, flair, wit, class and a penchant for drama. He combines this with always putting the team first and being willing to work hard work behind the scenes in everything from recruitment to SpoonMeasures. A rare complete qooty player who is the full package , Josh has evolved with the times and reinvented himself in this new era. He is an asset to Vegas and the league. Congratulations Josh!

JWS Coat.png JWS Spoon Collection.png

thanks to Broken, Dingster, MWPP for their help with all of this

I ****ing love you JoshWoodenSpoon

One of my all time favourites around here. When you were nuked, distance only made the heart grow fonder. Love that you're back.

Thank you tony for a fine write up.

200 games huh? This place is much better with people like JoshWoodenSpoon. Thanks for introducing me to this board and congratulations on 200 games.

Congratulation JoshWoodenSpoon you are an inspiration to tens of online personalities. Keep up the good work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks tony for putting this all together

Congratulations JoshWoodenSpoon
Thank you for recruiting me to the Bears and properly kickstarting my qareer all those years ago. Sure, one crazy night in Perthvegas with that jacket, singing and general banter stands outs but it has been a privilege playing alongside you. I look forward to your next 200 games!

homer simpson simpsons GIF

Spoons out for #Josh200

Remove this Banner Ad

Media The Dark Side of Qooty Fandom: Exploring the Cult of JoshWoodenSpoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back