Rumour The Dead Letter Office of Trade Rumours. 2018 Edition.

Is this the greatest thread in the history of Bigfooty and should The MoTR have its own poll?

• Of course it should. No thread created by Norm is the same without one.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • God no. This thread shouldn't exist in the first place. let alone this poll.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If this isnt the nadir of post-season Bigfooty I can see it over there.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I don't know, however I somehow feel compelled to answer it anyways.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes. This needs to be the official start to every post-season trade bullshitathon.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • You didn't think this through! Do you know how much work this is going to be during trade week(s)?

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright. Alright. Alright!

I know its a little late and Ive probably missed quite a few, but its time that we put up a suppository of all of the trade rumours that abound on this board once we have **** all to talk about. This is thread that when its all over bar the shouting we can refer back to and determine in the time honoured bigfooty tradition of absolutism who was the won, who lost and indeed who was the biggest bullshit artist who needs to have us collectively heap on and deride for the rest of their days here.

I will be the sole arbitrator of the winner. The winner will receive their choice of $1000 from Brisdogs or his house dependant on which has the greater value.

Please refrain from posting anything other than a screen grab of said rumour in this thread. However fee free to tag me when somebody puts their name to a rumour that has even the slightest whiff of (ill)legitimacy and I'll keep things nice and orderly.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 11.12.38 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 3.36.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 6.55.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 6.25.22 pm.png

Last edited:
I still think this should be called the Dead Letter Office because it's where bad mail goes

As a man of the people, Ive made the magnanimous decision of acquiescing to your constant demands for change.

Now stop posting in this thread unless its rumour related.

As a man of the people, Ive made the magnanimous decision of acquiescing to your constant demands for change.

Now stop posting in this thread unless its rumour related.

DE4S9Oe.png

Makes sense. We need small forward options, they have lots, and teams that win a GF or thereabouts seem to be a bit more relaxed at the trade table.

Trading with the recent premiers makes a lot of sense most of the time, now that I think about it - by definition they have a pretty good list so some fringe players must be missing out.

I still think this should be called the Dead Letter Office because it's where bad mail goes

It’s also the title of a B sides and rarities album from REM....

Although that is a fact, not a rumour - so perhaps doesn’t belong here...

I’m confused...

Only about 500 more pages of the trade thread to dig through to get all the other rumours. Dogspeed, Norm.

I may be an idiot but I’m not that stupid. I thought that once Macraebf had inevitably entered the Fray they it was time for a dedicated easily digestible fred (as opposed to the movable feast that is the draft and trading one) so that when it’s all over we would know to whom we could send the bouquets and brickbats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't be trade rumour season on here without 4 different trade rumour compilation threads.
Yeah I'm not sure what's what any more. I only started the rumours summary thread as a ready reference point so people wouldn't have to wade through 500 pages of mostly insubstantial fluff to find out the few gems of what might really be happening. I keep the OP updated with all the latest (credible) rumours.

I assumed this new thread was started only so we could have a few LOLs in late November at some of the wacky calls - a sort of red faces thread - but it's now starting to look like a general compilation thread too.

Which is the fourth one?

Anyway I'm very happy to close down the one I started if it's surplus to requirements.
I'm no fan of board-clogging threads. We have too many of those as it is.

Yeah I'm not sure what's what any more. I only started the rumours summary thread as a ready reference point so people wouldn't have to wade through 500 pages of mostly insubstantial fluff to find out the few gems of what might really be happening. I keep the OP updated with all the latest (credible) rumours.

I assumed this new thread was started only so we could have a few LOLs in late November at some of the wacky calls - a sort of red faces thread - but it's now starting to look like a general compilation thread too.

Which is the fourth one?

Anyway I'm very happy to close down the one I started if it's surplus to requirements.
I'm no fan of board-clogging threads. We have too many of those as it is.
We can have both threads surely. Your one is nice and organised and good to keep track of everything and this one is more to have a bit of a laugh like you said.

Back