The discards, anyone want them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cross and Armstrong should be snapped up today.

Apart from that don't really see much happening. Sydney have a lot of spots free on their list. Can't help but think they may look at a Laidler or someone for depth.

Apart from that don't see much happening but a lot of these guys will be signed as rookies.

Would have thought Laidler was a chance?
Would like to give Gysberts a rookie spot and see if he develops physically. I am not sure what's happened to him over the last couple of years but if what Magner is saying is true about confusion at Melbourne then how can anyone expect a kid who is underdeveloped improve?

I'm starting to think the the Bloods culture is all about the COLA. The only reason that Sydney is an attractive destination for players is because they get more money.

Tom Ledger should be on an AFL list. In the VFL he easily outperformed most of our kids who were given games this year and his few cameos at senior level have been impressive. Lyon loved him, Watters hated him. I'm hoping that maybe with Watters gone we might rookie him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was Forsters form for Peel, he and Mellington may be worth a look?

Are Bartlett's knees stuffed? Was rated very highly pre-draft.

Kyal Horsely and Mav Weller are capable of competing at AFL level.

James Magner and Ayden Kennedy were the other two, possibly Tom Ledger???

Can't say im displeased with Laidler, could be a decent Mattner replacement as a defender who actually defends (we have enough counter attacking options off half back).

I actually think he can play the AJ role
Is capable of playing on the Gunstun types
Injury and not fitting into Mick plans has ruined his last 2 seasons

Wasn't McCarthy the great white hope for the Blues backline when drafted? Surprised he has been de-listed.

Watson was/is the great white hope. McCarthy was more of a third tall/flanker anyways whereas Watson was a true CHB. Wouldn't be surprised if a club rookies him (one of the Adelaide clubs) as I can still see him making the grade.

Watson was/is the great white hope. McCarthy was more of a third tall/flanker anyways whereas Watson was a true CHB. Wouldn't be surprised if a club rookies him (one of the Adelaide clubs) as I can still see him making the grade.
I thought Watson was originally drafted for his potential as a forward as much as back?

I thought Watson was originally drafted for his potential as a forward as much as back?

Don't think so, he was selected in the backline in the 2010 Under 18 AA team and has played most of his football for Carlton in he backline, he's too slow to make it as an effective forward. McCarthy was the one who had a bit more scope as a forward/back.

Don't think so, he was selected in the backline in the 2010 Under 18 AA team and has played most of his football for Carlton in he backline, he's too slow to make it as an effective forward. McCarthy was the one who had a bit more scope as a forward/back.
Cool. As I remembered it quite a few Carlton fans were excited because they saw the two as meeting a need.

Unfortunate that Watson hasn't come on as expected either, the pace thing seems to be an issue at AFL level as a defender also.

Cool. As I remembered it quite a few Carlton fans were excited because they saw the two as meeting a need.

Unfortunate that Watson hasn't come on as expected either, the pace thing seems to be an issue at AFL level as a defender also.

Watson will be alright. Showed a fair bit this season before his foot injury. Assuming he holds down CHB next year that means Henderson can go forward and all of a sudden the spine looks okay.

Jamison
Watson
Henderson
Waite/Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

The discards, anyone want them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back