The doggo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is a thread to discuss everything related to canines.

We adopted a beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer a couple weeks ago. She'd spent a year in an RSPCA shelter, after her previous owner nearly starved her to death.

She's a beautiful and observant companion, loves a crazy fast run, is great with kids, and even though she's only been in our family for a fortnight, she's showing enormous loyalty to me, Ms MP, and our two Jnr MPs.

Anyway, my motivation for creating this thread is because my Christmas pilgrimages to my folks' place in southern Tassie will necessarily have to be via road and Spirit of Tas from now on.

We're gonna do a loop from NSW that would involve a couple stops between Yass and Melbourne, and then a few along Gippsland and the NSW south coast, and at least one in Nth Tassie.

I'd love to hear any recommendations from peeps who've holidayed in those destinations before with dogs, and recommendations for where we should go.

We adopted a beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer a couple weeks ago. She'd spent a year in an RSPCA shelter, after her previous owner nearly starved her to death.

She's a beautiful and observant companion, loves a crazy fast run, is great with kids, and even though she's only been in our family for a fortnight, she's showing enormous loyalty to me, Ms MP, and our two Jnr MPs.

Anyway, my motivation for creating this thread is because my Christmas pilgrimages to my folks' place in southern Tassie will necessarily have to be via road and Spirit of Tas from now on.

We're gonna do a loop from NSW that would involve a couple stops between Yass and Melbourne, and then a few along Gippsland and the NSW south coast, and at least one in Nth Tassie.

I'd love to hear any recommendations from peeps who've holidayed in those destinations before with dogs, and recommendations for where we should go.

If Mallacoota fits in with your itinerary I would recommend it. Absolutely beautiful spot. Many years ago (20+) my then girlfriend and I stayed at this place with her little Yorkshire Terrier:

Was great then, I have very fond memories of the place. Dogs still fine according to their website.

If Mallacoota fits in with your itinerary I would recommend it. Absolutely beautiful spot. Many years ago (20+) my then girlfriend and I stayed at this place with her little Yorkshire Terrier:

Was great then, I have very fond memories of the place. Dogs still fine according to their website.
Fantastic. I'll put it on the shortlist.

I haven't explored the north-east tip of Victoria, but I rate those quiet coastal towns along the southern tip of NSW, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of that part of the world.

Fantastic. I'll put it on the shortlist.

I haven't explored the north-east tip of Victoria, but I rate those quiet coastal towns along the southern tip of NSW, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of that part of the world.
I love that part of the world. Those NSW coastal towns Narooma etc. are fantastic too. Would love to retire there.

One word on the accommodation I linked above; it seems in recent years the original owners sold half of the property to new owners. The above link is for the part of the business run by new owners. Reviews are a bit patchy.

Remove this Banner Ad

The doggo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back